Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:22 PM
Default Generations
What's the longest number of generations a Sim family of your creation lasted? Recently I married the MacRibbon family into the Wing family (adopting the name "Wing") and the gimmick for them is that the firstborn daughters have te name "Lady Rosea" (Roh-SAY-Ah). So far, I've now reached Lady Rosea XIV, meaning this is the longest-running family I've had with 14 generatiosn total (beginning with 2 elders, 2 adults and 2 children - meaning the first 3 Lady Roseas were present. Lady Rosea III grew up and married into the Wings).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 5:42 PM
The family I'm playing now is the longest generation I've done so far. I'm on the 3rd generation. I started in the year 1868 and every time an heir reaches adulthood, it's another 20 years that have gone by. Right now it's 1888 but it's almost 1908 I'm going to try and play until it gets to present day. I've been using all the CC to match the times and everything. It's pretty awesome.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:04 PM
I think I'm on about gen 5 or 6 from what I can remember offhand.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:14 PM
My current legacy is my longest, it's now on generation 7. The generation seven heir is a child, there was no rival about who will win the throne as she is an only child, and the first heir to be born out of wedlock. The family started with one YA guy, a bit over a year ago when TS3 came out.

my4monkeys25: the concept of changing years as time passes has always fascinated me, any chance you could give a few pics?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:29 PM
hmm...this is interesting stuff. keep it coming, maybe someon will have a legacy longerr than my 14-generation one...also, that time thing sounds quite cool. I think I'll give that a try...oddly enough the latest additions to the family all wear victorian-style stuff anyway...ahehehe...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_

my4monkeys25: the concept of changing years as time passes has always fascinated me, any chance you could give a few pics?

I have a bunch of pics posted in the "Yeoman Farmer" challenge thread. I started with that challenge, but it's taken on a life of it's own! I'm still following it for the most part.
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 8:20 AM
My most was 10 generations...and then my neighborhood exploded into a fire ball of sadness.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 8:58 AM
My current legacy is on generation 7 (they're mostly teens now), it's the longest I've had so far.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 12:43 PM
My current legacy is on generation 3, soon to hit generation four when the eldest four kids move to college and I try to figure out what to do with a mid-life-crisis-oops-baby (risky woohoo, how I loathe you sometimes). I was half-expecting a risky woohoo kid, but I was more expecting the founder to have a risky pregnancy after her son moved back from college -- she was still young enough for it to be a possibility.

Generation 4 is the furthest I've ever gotten, but I tend to play more whole 'hoods with loads of sims rather than concentrate on one family -- the only reason my current legacy is so far is because I've only been playing the main house and college -- all spares are getting dumped in to a different house per generation and left there.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:33 AM
My legacy is on generation 2 (The founders kids, right?) They are all adults though, and one of the spares has a baby, so i guess im on gen 3

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Inventor
#11 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:11 AM
Wow, it always amazes me seeing some of the numbers people get on their generations, since in the past, I've never even been able to get all the way through the first generation without my game exploding! I would make a sim, they would hook up and have kids, the kids would make it to the toddler stage (I think once or twice I managed child), then I would do something stupid and screw up my game, and BOOM!, everything lost and I have to re-install.
Luckily, in the short time I've been playing I've gotten a LOT smarter about things, though I still may not get too far generation-wise since I tend to make so very many sims that it takes me forever to get through a rotation in just one hood. But, at the same time, I know that if I only kept a few families I would get bored and frustrated far too easily. Pros and cons, I guess.
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:50 AM
I spent a year playing a neighborhood and got up to generation 6 or 7 before tiring of it. By that time, though, I'd played through a pretty huge and extensive family and played every Sim born into the game-- and a lot of the Sims ended up rolling as Family Sims, so... HUGE families! I also had a thing going where one female fom each generation was a witch, and all of the witches were descended from one main branch of the family. I had a naming pattern going on with the witch heirs, where each new generation's name had to contain some portion of the previous generation's name. (I.E. Samantha --> Amanda --> Amy --> Myra --> Miranda)