Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:55 AM
Default Family Sim gets bad engagement memory?
I was mystified when, recently, my Family Sim Vivaldina got a bad memory of engagement to her high school sweetheart, Tandem. Both Sims had just aged up to adulthood, had Wants to get engaged to the other, and both have the Family aspiration; however, for some reason, Vivaldina got a bad memory of the event. You know, red background, "Uhhh, not sure this was such a good idea" caption...does anyone have any idea as to why this would happen? It's never occurred in my game before, and I'm really confused.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:02 AM
It's a bug (do you have FreeTime - it's my last expansion and I'm wondering if it came with that?). There is a fix for it by TwoJeffs over at Simbiology, which seems to remedied it for me:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....f31b&topic=16.0
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:28 AM
Thanks so much! As it turns out, that link also led to a patch for another problem I've been having (the genie delivery fix). So it was a great two-for-one deal.
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 6:14 AM
I've noticed that sometimes it can also depend on the circumstances. Their moods or even location can make them have a negative response.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:00 AM
I've seen Romance Sims have a positive memory for engagement, negative for marriage--and the other way around (negative for engagement, positive for marriage).

I also wonder if relationship scores might play a part.
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 8:11 AM
I always feel slightly depressed when I see a romance sim roll a fear about getting engaged or married to the person they are supposed to be in love with.

Obviously romance sims = commitment-phobes.
Scholar
#7 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo

Kind of hard to commit if your life long dream is to woohoo 20 different Sims.

At least they seem to know their limitations.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I always feel slightly depressed when I see a romance sim roll a fear about getting engaged or married to the person they are supposed to be in love with.

I just wait until it's not a fear...or make sure they're in platinum when they propose/get married.

What a number I did on Gilbert Jacquet once, though...his fear was get engaged, and I had him propose to a Sim I created. Then his fear was get married...and he got married.

Then his fear was Have a Baby...and his wife had twins! (No, the aspiration hit does not double with twins, as I found out....)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 11:35 AM Last edited by Nalia : 2nd Jul 2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: additional comment
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
It's a bug (do you have FreeTime - it's my last expansion and I'm wondering if it came with that?). There is a fix for it by TwoJeffs over at Simbiology, which seems to remedied it for me:

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....f31b&topic=16.0

It's definitely a bug and TwoJeff's fix put things into the right order for all of us. Before finding out, I was always pissed with Knowledge Sims receiving bad memories when engaged to the Sims of their choice .

EAxis never fixed this. So, whether you have all the patches installed or not, plays no role at all.