Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 12:36 PM
Default Ever made your Sims 1 family in the Sims 2 and continued on the story from the Sims 1?
I have last week, there was a guy named "Drake Stevens" who I intended to have as a superstar in the sims 1... kind of failed. He met Natasha Anybody, loved her, married her (after like 10 attempts) and then had a child. I stopped from there and played the sims 2 after i installed it.

I made Drake time travel 25 years into the future to Pleasantview after a failed marriage (which actually happened in the sims 1 after I continuously nagged Natasha), made Natasha and her daughter later as an elder and adult respectively, tied the family tree... and continued the story from there.

Kinda inspired by Don Lothario in the Sims 3 XD
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:32 PM
My first CAS Sim, "Rachel Nichols", was a child in The Sims 1. She was the eldest daughter of a StudioTown superstar who looked strangely/exactly like Lindsay Lohan. I think her name was Michelle Nichols, and she had rooms where she kept all of her StudioTown awards. Rachel's father was one of the local gangsters, a guy who wore a grey suit on a white shirt and a pink tie. Easily one of my favorite families to play. When I started Sims 2, I knew I wanted carry on, so I made an adult version of Rachel. While she had her mother's last name, she went into her father's business.

I lifted a few other Sims from my game that way, too...my police chief in my first play of Veronaville was a child in Sims1.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Koda_lovemusic.
I did it once, when I first played Sims 2. I recreated the Mashuga family (whose names escape me right now), but they were elders and had two teenagers and one kid daughter. I'm not sure what happened to them.

I sure as heck didn't recreate their house, though

As soon as I read Mashuga, my jaw dropped. That house! It was so gaudy. Wasn't it one of the model houses that came with Livin' Large, meant to show off the new stuff and new careers? It had boomerang carpet!
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:04 PM
Sorta. My favorite families from Sims 1 (other than the one based on myself) was the Newbies and the Goths. My Newbies from Sims 1 had a boy. And my Goths from Sims 1, well Bella and her husband divorced, Cassandra was their only child together and she "grew up" to be rebellious, Bella remarried and had more kids, and Mortimor got killed off eventually. But because of the existing storylines in Pleasantview, my storylines for those families were all off and messed up from how I left them before. I did remove the Goths and Brandi Broke from Pleasantview in a reinstall years ago, and I played the Newbies (downloaded Sims 1 look-alikes) like I wanted to play them. And they had a boy - his legacy still lives on in my current game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:39 PM
I tried doing that with my first Sims 1 character, Rex Smith. He was maxed in everything. He was an Information Overlord, with maxed skills, and every Makin' Magic spell and enchantment. So I tried to remake him a little bit before my computer got its virus, and I tried to max all his skills as an elder, but he died from old age before I could. :รพ
Inventor
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:06 PM
Aah, the Mashuga house...dear lord! As soon as you described that house I remembered it! When I first got the game about 2, 2 1/2 years ago (I was REALLY late to the party But at least I was able to get one of the collector's packs that had almost all the expansions in it. ) I clicked on that thing to check it out and the first words out of my mouth were "Dear god my EYES!" Bomerang carpet and windows, neon colors walls, octagon shape and fishtanks and hottubs everywhere... *shudder*
I DID actually end up moving a family into there, but only so they could get the extra cash from ripping it down and remodeling it in build mode (A strategy I STILL sometimes use in Sims 2)!

As for recreating sims, well, I mostly did character-based sims in TS1, so, naturally, I also tried to recreate them in TS2.