Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:48 PM
Default Having problem with Frankenstein'd mesh...
Howdy all,

I have a query - I've been trying to combine the chest area of the female top with the male top (for my CD characters) for more variation - rather than just using the female bodyshape. It all seems to gel well enough (for me, anyway) but I can't seem to get the UV map right - it seems to be the problem in getting any clothing on the top half to lay properly. Is there a way to fix it, or to create a new one that will work? I have attached a pic of my mesh in Milkshape, just in case anyone can help...

Many thanks in advance
Screenshots

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 8:37 PM
Do you really want a male top with breasts??
I think it would be easier to shape the base mesh of male top to the shape of breasts a bit, only moving verts around, not delete or add.
Than import the morphs, they will change/get breasts too.

If you want to go along with adjusting your UVmap, search for the UVtool from CatOfEvilGenius. With that you can easily give vertices the exact same UVcoordinates.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
Do you really want a male top with breasts??
I think it would be easier to shape the base mesh of male top to the shape of breasts a bit, only moving verts around, not delete or add.
Than import the morphs, they will change/get breasts too.

If you want to go along with adjusting your UVmap, search for the UVtool from CatOfEvilGenius. With that you can easily give vertices the exact same UVcoordinates.

I have tried moving the vertices around to create 'breasts' on a male mesh, and failed miserably - it was the first thing I tried. It came out pointy and looked out of shape and I wasn't happy with it, so I gave up on that idea.

The reason I wanted a male top with breasts is because I have quite a few CD/TG characters in my game based on real-life friends, I wanted to have a male frame with the breasts added; it's more representative of my characters and gives me a different bodyshape to work with...

...Titanium white...
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 9:15 PM
Its a huge ammount of work cos you need to do all the morphs also.
I would take the female as base and scale the waist a little

Another option is to download a few of my transgender files.
It will allow you to use any female clothing mesh for males, make it muscular and your good to go.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 12:17 AM
Thank you for the suggestion, Cocomama.. I managed to find the UVTool by CatOfEvilGenius, and it worked ... doing it step by step how it was instructed managed to smooth the top out where I was having the problems - so thank you very much for that.

Also, I already have your Transgender stuff, Bloom - and it's great stuff! I really just wanted to try my hand at Frankenstein-ing something myself, to see if I could do it. Plus, there's a character I have in mind that I didn't want to look like all the other 'girls', hence why I wanted to succeed in this.

I also have no intentions of adding morphs at this point either, as this is just for personal use. I'm not an expert mesher in the slightest, so I'll just keep on practicing and maybe soon I may do the morphs I thought I'd stick a pic here to show what the UV Tool helped me to do...

Thank you both for all your help; I'm a happy crazy lady now :D
Screenshots

...Titanium white...