Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:36 AM
Default Is this Gnome Grave/Memorial new?
I never even realised I even had a gnome on my lot until this appear. Does this means they can die?!! OMG!

Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:56 AM
Definitely never seen one before Fits with the life cycle gnomes, I guess. Cool!

Next question: are there Gnome Ghosts? :O
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 4:43 AM
I saw it in buydebug and have to say, I don't want my house to become a gnome graveyard. =/

I have lots of gnomes.
Alchemist
#4 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:07 AM
And will there be gnome ghosts haunting your house?
Instructor
#5 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:52 AM
that's so funny! Thanks for taking the time to post this!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
Yes. TWO of them popped up in one of my houses that never even had a gnome.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
Yes. TWO of them popped up in one of my houses that never even had a gnome.
I've had probably about ten of them crop up on my lot so far, sometimes two at once, and this family have never had a gnome either . I just sell them. Get $1,500 for each one.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:19 PM
I'm pretty upset about them...I love my gnomes and give them names. They are part of the family. I was hoping there would be an answer somewhere on how to make them NOT die!
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:54 PM
I agree, Runesong.

I guess there's always testingcheatsenabled true, which allows you to set their age. If you wanted any aside from elder you could age them down one as soon as they transform.

This is just speculative though since the only gnome I've had spawn in my game is an adult one. o.o
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:57 PM
lol ive never baught a gnome before but may have too now, guess im morbid
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 11:04 PM
Yes it's new with generations, now even the magic gnomes age and die.
But they can have kids too, if I remember well it's triggered when there is a Sims mariage on the lot where the gnome lives.

Only the "basegame" magic gnomes do though, not the ones that came with the expansions.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 11:08 PM
Erm, is it really the case that the gnomes age up and die? It seems to me that these grave-gnomes just appear like the other ones do.

Do they really age or do they just "give birth" to baby gnomes, child gnomes, teen gnomes?

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:09 PM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 15th Jun 2011 at 6:17 PM.
Thought i'd post this since i haven't seen a picture of them before, but the ever elusive Gnome baby has been spotted. Hanging around the daycare toddlers, chewing on it's toes, adorable.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 10:30 PM
^ Awwwww!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:46 AM
I have also had gnomes pop up on my lot. I don't mind, I love them! Got my first baby gnome to, sooo adorable.

My gnomes seem to love to hang out together and party at night. They will all congregate in a circle (gnome therepy or something ). Has anyone else experienced this?
They also move around alot more than I remember them doing during the day and night.
Screenshots

Her smile was like a rainbow after a sudden storm...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:49 AM
Is it only the Mysterious Mr Gnomes that have babies or can the other gnomes do it too?

Her smile was like a rainbow after a sudden storm...
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:52 AM Last edited by BlindingEchoes : 15th Jun 2011 at 6:17 PM.
I like the baby Gnomes, i wish the other ones besides the Mysterious Mr. Gnome would breed. From what i read they don't, but i could be wrong. Anywho, my baby is now a gangly pre-teen it seems. He's still adorable though.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
I saw it in buydebug and have to say, I don't want my house to become a gnome graveyard. =/

I have lots of gnomes.

C'mon, you know you want a gnome version of "Poltergeist",lol.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:02 PM
The baby genome is adorable <3
Scholar
#20 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 4:33 PM Last edited by ebec17 : 16th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM.
I love gnomes in general, I really should get some more in my game :P

Just curious, does anybody pronounce gnome ga-nome? I just can't stand the silent g!
Though I've always been odd in that regard, I used to call Bowser (the evil guy in many Mario games) Browser XD
Scholar
#21 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 2:34 PM
Yes, I have noticed the gnomes' changed behavior. They all convene together instead of poofing off to random areas in the house. Every time I think I have spotted an isolated gnome, I watch for a minute and the others soon follow it.
Site Helper
#23 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:48 PM
I've been wondering if leaving a plate of ambrosia on a coffee table for them would work...

Baby gnomes are cute, but not at the expense of having my adult gnomes get old and die.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#25 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 3:45 AM
I found out that if you have a baby sim born on the lot, you will get a baby gnome. If an elder dies on the lot, a gnome will die and become a memorial of that said gnome. I also got a grandpa gnome when the father became elder, he has a cane and is wearing something an old man would wear. So I think they go through the life changes/stages just as your sims family does. My gnomes also seem to all teleport together in a group rather then individually.