Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:38 PM
Default 2 Problems ... Need help
I'm assuming these 2 problems are related to CC that's why I'm asking for help here :D

1) No books in bookstore: Simple as it is, if I buy a bookcase, I get the books in it, and all books in my sims' inventory are still there, I just can't buy any books from the bookstore. Anyone know what might be the reason?
Edit: What happens is when I go to the bookstore, the shopping menu comes up with no books in it, just empty

2) Lots disappear: Well, I was playing a neighborhood with a family, and suddenly I discover that some of the lots including the City Hall disappeared.
Here is an amge showing exactly what happens:

Now after some testing, I figure out that this only happens when I play with a specific family, which is my legacy family (so just dropping them and just moving on is not a preferable option for me). I even set up the same neighborhood once more, adding some changes, tried out different families being the active one (while my legacy family lived in the neighborhood) and this problem didn't occur.
One thing to note is that this problem didn't happen before I did these two things: Downloaded Master Controller, and built a basement in their house (with the buydebug hot tub in the basement), but I have no idea if it is any of these two that caused it or something else.
If anybody can help me out here, it would be much appreciated :D

Procrastilaxation :D ~~~ Check out my story Abilities
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 2:46 PM
If you have some custom content in your family lot or any other lot in the world that may be corrupt, it can cause blue lots. I would use Delphy's Dashboard Tool to identify if any .packages are corrupt. I don't think the MC would cause that problem.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 9:40 PM
you should also try clearing out your cache files deleting and replacing bookstore with a copy from bin and moving family out in edit town and then move them right back in. everything will be as you left it in the house, same funds, and inventory items too.
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 6:16 AM
Make sure your copy of Master Controller and any other script mods you have are up to date. Using an outdated mod like Master Controller could cause lots to disappear like that.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 6:30 AM
The fact that the same town worked on a new save, with the same family, suggests to me a corrupted hood. If you don't want to lose your legacy family, I'd suggest sending them to the Library and starting a new game with them.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.