Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 1:01 PM
Store clothing-Age conversion
I've found an adult , male top that I like and would like to convert to teen.I have never tried meshing so I am a complete noob.I didn't find any tutorials on how to make age conversions and I am not sure that "messing" with store meshes will be easy...A step by step tut would be most appreciated...

I don't think that this violates any rules/is at the wrong section but if it does then I am very sorry and agree with it being locked/moved...
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 1:03 PM
I would like to add that it is part of a set and I can't find the top's file.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 1:00 PM
You must decrypt the *.Sims3Pack file where the cloth is located. Make sure you back up first, the original Sims3Pack to the safe place.

Using Sims3Pack Multi Installer, extract the *.Sims3Pack to a folder.

Open the folder, there will be a lot of *.package files.

Using CTU, open the *.package files one by one until you found the cloth.

Then you can use Milkshape or Blender to modify it.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 1:28 PM
decrypt with s3RC
Extract all GEOMS with s3PE(or Postal)
Fix the GEOMS(base meshes and morphs) with Blender or Milkshape
(You also need to fix the meshcomments when working with CTU!.)
Clone a basegame teenoutfit with either TSRW or CTU Import the fixed meshes(with TSRW all in one file for each lod)(for CTU only the base mesh for each lod)
Fix the normalmap and textures
Fix the thumbs
When done and working with CTU: create new Bblend and Bgeo files with BMM and add them to the package
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 8:07 AM
I kind of did it...I didn't do much with Milkshape...I just scaled it down to 0.9 of its original size.For now at least..I am stuck when I have to load the meshes in TSR Workshop.How can I do this?And by fixing normalmap,etc you mean replacing them with the ones from the original top?

BTW thanks to both of you.I used both of your comments.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:06 PM
You don't need to scale down, the game does it automatically for teens. You need to fix the neck and ankles to match the teen head and feet, and maybe adjust the fat morph - not sure what has to be done for that.

To get it into TSR Workshop, try:

Use Q-mesh Sims 3 Geom Importer to import the base mesh into Milkshape, in the Groups tab rename it group_base

Use the geom importer to import the fat morph mesh over the base, rename it group_fat

Repeat for the thin and fit morph meshes, rename as group_thin and group_fit

If there's a pregnant mesh, import it and rename as group_special. If no pregnant mesh, in Groups select the base mesh (Select button), in Edit menu hit Duplicate Selection, in Groups rename the duplicate group_special

Export the set with the TSRW Object exporter

All that said, the bone assignments may be messed up because TSRW treats them differently, but possibly the latest version fixed that - Bloom would know more about that.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 6:55 PM
As Cmar explained

You need to fix the neck and waist(tops) on the morphs.(on fullbody you need to fix the neck and ankles)
To do this you import a teen outfit(exported with TSRW) in Milkshape first(with the WSO importer) and use it as reference.
Then import the adult GEOMs

I am still not 100% sure about the bones, thought they fixed it tho.