Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2011 at 6:30 PM
Noobish question about Default Replacement Eyes
I've seen this asked on a few tutorials and I am having the same problem, when making smaller default eyes, WHY does the Maxis/EA original large iris' edges show, and how do I get rid of that?

Also, I'm using GIMP and I was going by Aikea's Default Eye Tutorial which everything works right and things, but when it comes to the "static shine" part I have to go off of the tutorial and do it another way: I simply make the part of the eye that I want to be static white transparent, and that seems too work (even though that may not be correct). Is that how you would do it using gimp?

They seemed to work fine, and looked really nice, but now since I changed to another pair and then back, the "static shine" is now black, I guess because the original iris is showing through, BUT it wasn't doing that before I changed? I really don't know whats going on, but its making me very upset. :C

And this whole thing is just a jumbled mess of confusing questions. Sorry about that.

A little clearer now:

1.) Why do the original irises show through on smaller defaults, and how do I get rid of it?
2.) Am I doing the static shine right by making the spots I want to be white transparent (erasing) and if not, how do I do that using gimp?

Alright, thank you