Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM
The tomb with music, toilet, and reading ^_^
I forget the names, but I think it was on Al Simhara. The mission where you must turn on a stereo, flushing the toilet, then reading books, then 2-3-4-1, then 6-1-7, then 8-2-4-9. How can you find the answer? I just find the numbers and clues by a FAQ. But how can you know, purely, to turn on the music first? Then flushing toilet, then reading books???

Just a silly little question for a silly little nuts. But for the sake of my sanity, answer please... ^_^

Hey there! :)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:42 PM
I can't remember the exact name either, but I know exactly what quest you're talking about, which is underneath a house.

I never found any way to "read" or decipher the proper order to use the floor switches. Instead, what I did was take notes (which floor switch opens/closes which doors), which made it much easier to figure it out.

The best note-taking style may vary by player, but what I did was draw a crude map of the floor switches (just some squares), and then where the doors were in relation to the switches. Then I assigned numbers to each door. Afterward, as I discovered the patterns, I wrote down the numbers of the doors affected by each floor switch, in each square that corresponds with that particular floor switch.

I would upload pictures of my notes, but I think I threw them away.
Site Helper
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:15 PM
How do you know in advance (Other than finding it online) about the stereo, toilet, and book, though? Granted, if you leave a sim on Free will you will get the stereo and toilet done when they dance until they need to pee, but that requires not having a guitar or snake charming basket in the inventory. And a bookworm will sabotage you by reading all the books they see, and ignore the stereo.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:47 AM
I don't mean in Free Will, but is there any clue that guide us to do that? Turn on music, then flushing toilet, then read a book, then etc...

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:19 AM
I can't remember the exact order but what I know is that if your Sim's logic skill is 3 or higher you won't be able to read the book anyway because the only book in that shelf is Logic Vol. 1.
#6 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 12:28 PM
I just did that quest a few days ago and what happens is this:
1. The moment you enter the house for the first time, you'll receive a message that you should look for clues and try to find the entrance to the hidden base.
(BTW, if you've been to that household before you won't receive the message a second time.)
2. Flushing the toilet will open the staircase down into the basement and give you the code for the first room down there.
3. Going to the bookcase in the bedroom where the now revealed staircase is and taking the book out will give you the code for the second level.
4. Turning on the stereo will give you the final code.

There are no hints or clues as to what should be done or what should be done first or in what order, but the highlighted floor plates in the basement at least give you some clue about which code should be used on the respective floor.
And, as I said, if your logic is too high you won't be able to get the second code anyway as it requires you to pick up the book from the shelf.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:13 PM
But not just logic. In my game, there's handiness book only available because my Sim got his Cooking and Logic maxed out...

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 5:54 AM
http://walkthruwa.blogspot.com/2010...ck-bag-job.html <--- A walkthrough for the tomb. I believe the name of the family is Madloubi, Mabloudi, Maloubdi, something along those lines. I did that just yesterday, using the guide for the beginning.

Oooh, what's that? *click*
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 7:17 AM
Funny, so there seem to be two ways of opening the staircase because when I did that it was flushing the toilet. BTW, it's Madbouli, but they're the couple living above the hidden library, the Black Bag Job family is Lufti (three sisters)