Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 11:47 PM
converting a hairstyle accessory to a clothing accessory
Hey wazzup everyone, hope everyones doing good . can anyone give me a tutorial on how to turn a sims 3 hairstyle accessory (like a hat already attached to the hair) into a clothing accessory that i can use with any hair? cheers!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 12:38 AM
You can use any clothing or accessory tutorial to get the basics. That will teach you how to extract the hair mesh, and how to use Milkshape (with which you can delete any bits of the hair you don't want), plus how to extract the texture you need for the accessory. Then you have your mesh and texture, and you can follow the rest of the tutorial to import it all back in and set it up as a regular accessory.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 1:01 AM
wow, you replied fast! haha thanks for the reply. is their any tutorial you would recommend?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 12:50 PM
Keep in mind that those hats often will not fit other hairstyles

If you are planning to convert some hats you might want to consider assigning the hat to the hat_grip joint and make a few hat sliders so you can make those custom hats fit other hairstyles.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 8:45 PM
yea aWT made a hat slider that gets the job done
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:21 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 26th Aug 2011 at 8:03 AM.
i did a small test with the cowboy hat, it does work.
Here are the files so you can have a look'
As a test i enabled the toddlers and children and altho the slider lets you fit the hat on those i wouldn't upload it on a final release.
The hat will give errors when a toddler or child ages i think(it will prolly sink into their body altho i didn't try it)
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Bloom_CowboyHat.7z (1.04 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Bloom_HatHeight_slider.7z (883 Bytes, 4 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: 7z  Bloom_HatScale_slider.7z (861 Bytes, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:15 PM
uh the accessory i created crashed the game when i went though accessories in CAS.... heheh do you think you know what i did wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 12:48 AM
oh nvm i got it workin ty for all they help
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:03 AM
do they make an hat slider or something like it that you can access out of CAS mode and can adjust 2 different hats for 2 different outfits?
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wazzup
do they make an hat slider or something like it that you can access out of CAS mode and can adjust 2 different hats for 2 different outfits?

Nope, there aren't any