Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 7:14 PM
Default Is it possible to lock the speed at ultra?
I'm tired of having to set the speed back to ultra whenever my sim leaves his job or wakes up. How can I prevent him from doing it?

Also, how can I prevent the challenges that come around during his job? Is it possible to let the game run continuously without interruptions?
Advertisement
#2 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:34 PM
Wait, I thought that if you set to speed 3 (4x normal time), you get the fast speed and the fast speed continues even after the task is done.

Speed 4 is the same speed (4x normal time) but only continues for the duration of the current task.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:39 PM
Yes and no Stuart, it depends....
Sometimes, it will continue to speed 3 even after your sim awakes...but more often then not, it goes on speed 3 when your sim falls asleep...then goes back to normal speed as soon as they awake.
This is fishy sometimes.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 8:43 PM
There's nothing fishy about this, regardless of the speed you set, as long as you don't pause it, when your sim wakes up or leaves his job speed will go back to 1. Isn't a mod able to do it? I'd be glad if the speed would stay on ultra.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 10:16 PM
Fishy in the sense that...it happened to me, that my sim will wake up and the speed will still be at 3. Depending on when/if you set it yourself or not.
If you set it to speed 3..it *might* continue at that speed whatever happens. it might, but this is not constant, aka: fishy.
But if you let the game decides..it will go back to normal speed 100% of the time.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 10:33 PM
I dont wanna let the game decide, i wanna lock it at ultra. Is this possible?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ng80092a
Also, how can I prevent the challenges that come around during his job? Is it possible to let the game run continuously without interruptions?

I have no idea if you can lock the speed to ultra. Challenges? If you meant the opportunities, I believe you can surpress it in the options. Maybe silent the phone too so friends wouldn't call? That's usually my only interruption when I want to let the game run without supervision. I keep forgetting to silence their phone, so I don't know if it works.
#8 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:14 AM
There is a tutorial on how to make "pausinator" mod,
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ripting_Modding

I worked through it and made my very own pausinator. You might be able to make something similar, but I don't see a "wake" or "leave job" event in the code, offhand. I didn't look all that hard, tho'.

You might be able to make such a mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:32 AM
I have already disabled all the oportunities + the auto cellphone pickup, both interrupted a long run of the game. But some times, while at work, a interruption shows up with a challenge like balancing dishes (in the chef career). I wanna disable that. Basically I wanna make a long run of the game without having to be here personally. The goal is test for bugs and crashes in the long run.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 1:20 AM
The modders over at nraas will have a look at your thread (the same one) when they are able to get around to it. They have a good knowledge base to let you know if it is possible or now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 2:56 AM
Yes I'm trying to make a mod. But as you say, in reflector nothing as a "wake" shows up, and therefore I can't identify the event properly..
#13 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 5:43 AM
so, don't you just stick an event handler to set the speed back to fast when SetGameSpeed is called?
Alchemist
#14 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 5:44 AM
Inside every sleeping interaction, it uses SetIsSleeping method. Inside the method, it uses SetAutoGameSpeed method, which controls the game to automatically set the game to ultra speed when all Sims are inside the rabbit hole or sleeping or normal speed otherwise. Maybe it could give you a clue.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:52 PM
Thank you nikel23 and stuart-grey, i'll take a look. I will also want to create a option on the sim interaction-pie to lock the speed at ultra, but that is a little more advanced for me. I did work in c# for the last 10 months so I might be able to do it, but I have no idea how to work on a sim package beyond the tutorial that stuart-grey posted
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 1:00 PM
Wait, I found something very curious. Before changing calling the method "SetIsSleeping", he will check a if condition on "autoGameSpeed". check this out http://puu.sh/jceY7/c8eb212cc5.png
This means there should be a autoGameSpeed option, that i could disable and solve all this problems without risky modding.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 1:43 PM
Is it possible to override a method in a package? For example i have the method SetAutoGameSpeed buried deep in the libraries: http://puu.sh/jcgBn/7d7774c76f.png
I wanna override it with a package, but, while using the previous guide, It doesn't tell me how I tell the code the method is localized in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.LotManager. If I simply paste the method in the code given by the guide it will not recognize the variables for sure. How can I override a method that is part of a localization, via a package? Can you help me out stuart-grey?
Alchemist
#18 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:30 AM
The simplest way to disable autoGameSpeed variable in SetIsSleeping(bool value, bool autoGameSpeed) is to change its overriding function, SetIsSleeping(bool value), from:

Code:
public void SetIsSleeping(bool value)
{
	this.SetIsSleeping(value, true);
}

to

Code:
public void SetIsSleeping(bool value)
{
	this.SetIsSleeping(value, false);
}

No further change is needed if you basically want to stop the automatic speed change. I don't know how to override a function, though. Arsil usually makes mods that override normal behavior of a thing. Maybe you can learn from them.

I think this thread has officially been misplaced now. It should be in modding discussion forum instead.

Just call me Nikel
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#19 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 6:56 AM
Moved to Modding Discussion.

The answer regarding overriding is simple: you can't. I mean sure you can replace all the OBJK resources of all beds to use a custom class that overrides the speed behavior, but that would be terrible. Look at the speed setting stuff if there is anything that makes the behavior observable. I don't have access to that stuff right now, but as far as I remember there isn't.

What you can do, is add a callback to the respective speed buttons, so you know what actual speed the user requested. You can then add an alarm to the global alarm manager that fires every couple sim minutes and (re)sets the game speed to the speed the user requested.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman