Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 8:19 AM
Default Are you getting Life Stories?
Are you getting Life Stories? Im not its not worth it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 8:24 AM
Instructor
#3 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 4:28 PM
If I bought any of them, it would only be the castaway stories version. The others don't sound as exciting to me... :meh:

Ciao,
~M~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 4:39 PM
No. TS2 runs fine on my computer, and I have no laptop.. so why would I?

My sister still plays TS1.. on one hand her computer is better than mine... she just doesn't have a real videocard. But I don't think she will be interested in it.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by p$ycho$immer
If I bought any of them, it would only be the castaway stories version. The others don't sound as exciting to me... :meh:

Ciao,
~M~

Ditto. It doesn't come out till next year, so I'll have plenty of time to think about it.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 10:55 PM
I voted yes, because I am getting it. Anything that is different by a small amount and has the words The Sims on it. I am getting it, plus that would mean I have every single game out there. All except for the deluxe editions which doesn't really matter. All I need now is House Party, Seasons, Pet and Castaway Stories and I would have, had all the game lines. The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3 (aka Life Stories).
#7 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 12:41 AM
I voted no, because it's like not compatible with my current custom content, and I like have a decent laptop with a graphics card, so I like don't need it. ^^;
Theorist
#8 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 6:41 PM
I don't think I'll get Life Stories, but maybe I'll consider getting Pet and Cataway once I know more about them. My computer also handles The Sims 2 pretty well even with other things running, so that's a good reason not to get it. :P
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th Jan 2007 at 6:44 PM
nope.... i like my regular game just fine. even if the graphics aren't as good as they could be (i work on a laptop).

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
#10 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 6:58 PM
Maybe. I'm not so sure about it. When people write reviews on the games, well I'll see.
#11 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 7:08 PM
I'm not going to get it.. Seems like a waste of money
Inventor
#12 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 7:09 PM
Nope, it may run faster but you can't have CC.
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:50 AM
Its basically just the normall sims 2! Who cares about a story version, but the good idea is it doesent need a state-of-the-art Expansion Pack to have good graphics and performance! Why coudlnt The Sims 2 be like that?
Im also thinking of getting Castaway Stories when it comes out.
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:52 AM
No, I can't stand the ugly maxis sims, genetics, clothes and objects, I could never play without custom content again. Plus it doesn't make sense to buy it if you already play the Sims 2, it seems like a big step backwards.
#15 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 1:01 AM
In my opinion...Life Stories is going to be a waste of money to anyone who buys it. -.- I vote NO!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 9:45 AM
I'm going to buy it. All of the expansion packs of the full sims game had rendered my game unplayable on my laptop (ie: It took at least three hours to get through Create A Family), and I uninstalled the game a few weeks ago. I'm really excited about being able to play the sims again on my laptop, and it sounds like this game is going to actually run really well on my system. I'll be at the store the day it comes out, for sure.
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:30 PM
I'm going to buy it. I'm forced to put my desktop in storage over the summer, and it sucks that my laptop can't handle TS2. I'm not sure which version I'll get though. I'll decide that later.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:50 PM
Well do you have to put it in Storage? Anyways, like I said before I am going to buy it. Doesn't it come out this Monday? I mean, I am going to buy all three of stories and my two computers could run The Sims 2 just fine. I am a sucker for anything Sims. Plus, I like the story modes. A Click Flic and a guy flic, or so that announcer guys says of it. The Sims 2 Offical site has posted a new podcast about the game.
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakAboutSims
Well do you have to put it in Storage?

I go to college very far from where I spend my summers. I could spend $50 mailing my computer to myself, that's always an option. However, this summer there's a good chance I'll be in Japan. I don't love the sims 2 enough to send it all the way to Japan.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:06 AM
Can't you just take it with you when you leave? :confused:
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakAboutSims
Can't you just take it with you when you leave? :confused:

I'd have to take it on an airplane across the country, which is not the best idea. lol That's why I have two computers, because I travel far distances alot.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:22 AM
Frankly, I don't like the idea of making up imaginary stories in the base Sims 2 game, so I get rather bored. It doesn't seem fun to make up a story in your head and then type it out in the game like it's a text word processor.

So I will definitely get all the games of the Life Stories series. It seems like they will be similar to the game called 'Singles' where you have a real story with actual on-screen process that you can see, and not just a text story that you wrote which no one will ever see anyway.

I really wish they had 2 modes of play in the Sims 2. Like one sandbox free-play mode like there already is and then a second one with some sample stories (real stories where the game tracks your process instead of you imagining it all in your head). Plus it would be cool if they had a script engine to write your own stories or more accurately call them scenarios, challenges, or missions.

Then someone could do something like that Legacy Challege but for real inside the game, so you don't need a piece of paper to follow imaginary rules "on the honour system".

Just my 2 cents.
#23 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:51 AM
Probably not. Not totally sure. But I'm not ruling out getting it.

I just looked on the website of the shop I'd most likely get it at if I got it. It says its NZ$79.95 O.O and that's reduced from $89! Gosh, what's it where you live?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 12:10 PM
Yes, I'll get it! The sims 2 pets is starting to bore me already (other ep kept me buzy untill an other ep came out, but that doesn't count for pets)...and seasons is only out on: '1-3-2007', so I'll use the story mode of Life stories to keep me buzy, for another month!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 1:59 PM
I'm getting the Pets one as a compromise. My daughter wants me to get the Pets expansion for my current Sims game, but I've heard so many horror stories that I'm reluctant to get it until all the bugs have been worked out. Pets is the only one that interests me, though.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 1 of 2