Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM
Default What new classes would you like to get in a (hypothetical) expansion?
The title says it all. What hero classes would you like to see in game?

I personally miss the farmer/miller/brewer stuff. And I would gladly see other craftsman professions, like carpenter or tailor.

And speaking of expansions, the Knight could get some more work to do. Like actual crime fighting maybe? It seems he's the captain of the guards after all.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:13 PM
Read this review of The Sims: Discovery.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...145#post3304145
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 7:29 PM
Well EA did say in an interveiw that there was originally 30 classes altogether but they cut them right back, coupled with the word 'Base Game' and the fact EA love to suck as much cash as possible I can imagine expansions will be on they're way. Havn't thought about classes I'd love to see though..... Prison watchman/Tourturer would be an intresting one!

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:16 PM
Rangers and Druids mostly. ^_^ Something to fill in the gap in between the two main churches, they already hinted at those who worship nature instead of the Watcher (or a Watcher based nature religion, like the wild fertility ritual that the monarch does in the Heir quest).

Along with more classes, I would like to see variants in races, and this has great potential for it. They already have elven ears, and it mentioned halflings/hobbits and I think it mentioned dwarves. It would be amazing to actually see those brought in. :D
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
I wish the Royal Consort would be a hero in his/her own right, maybe more palace officials (?), more trades like Carpenter, Farmer (yeah, I know it doesn't sound very heroic), maybe Artist, since we already have a Bard, a Criminal type could be interesting, and what about a Courtesan, who could use her/(his) charms to achieve quests... for me the Priests are good as they are because they seem realistic as far as Middle Age goes, but then again as I mentioned somewhere else I like to play in a realistic/historic way, so based on the costumes and the objects imho the game is supposed to be set sometime in Western Europe between the XIIth and the XVIth century, good enough for me.

Expansion packs that would include other cultures would be interesting (Moors or Vikings, for instance), but unless they really included nice furniture and stuff I think I'd completely skip any Fantasy-themed EP, I mean, I even had to edit the Effemontian Princess to get rid of her pointy ears. But, hey, that's just me!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Angstrom
Read this review of The Sims: Discovery.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...145#post3304145

I hope in this hypothetical expansion, I can also pillage and destroy entire indigenous empires, then send the survivors to work in the gold and silver mines that my kingdom owns. I should be able to spread smallpox through contact with natives and buy off their lands for a pittance!

Also, Inquisitions! We can't have enough of those!
Instructor
#7 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I hope in this hypothetical expansion, I can also pillage and destroy entire indigenous empires, then send the survivors to work in the gold and silver mines that my kingdom owns. I should be able to spread smallpox through contact with natives and buy off their lands for a pittance!

Also, Inquisitions! We can't have enough of those!

Haha, that sounds historic enough, actually the most logical EP for TSM would be The Sims Renaissance, right? Then they would discover a new world and conquer it (The Sims Conquistadores?)... and then we would have The Sims Reform and have religion wars?

One thing that would be interesting, though I don't know if it fits the "friendly" approach of the game, is to either be able to unleash disasters such as plague or famine, or that they happen sort of randomly. It would clean up the Kingdom of a few Sims once in a while...

Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:39 PM
Wouldnt make sense to go back in time only to move back forward again. Still plenty of stuff to do within the medieval age.

Speaking of those original 30 classes, I would have a lot of trouble filling that list for a sims game seeing how it barely is about combat and most usual classes are combat oriented.

Lets see.. 20 classes being cut.. what could it be?

1. Ranger.
2. Druid.
3. Carpenter.
4. Pirate.
5. Assasin.
6. Executioner.
7. Clothier.
8. Farmer.
9. Herald.
10. Baker.
11. Butcher.
12. Templar.
13. Barbarian.
14. Sorcerer.
15. Cleric.
16. Necromancer.
17. Undertaker.
18. Sea Captain.
19. Archer.
20. Jester.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:55 PM
Many good and interesting ideas here.
I think i would like to see the "Smuggler", traveling trough the countries, collecting rare stuff also for clients who won't pay import taxes or that are in need of a particular item. A dirt "honest" job in the shadows: Smuggler nest can be added near the harbor: one room is the normal house and then an hidden hatch goes down in the subterranean smuggler cove, with a little private dockage and boat for "business".
Giving the Smuggler ability of combat and merchant will be the idea. You don't pay taxes but bribe to guards to make them close one eye or two about your business.
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:17 AM
I have a class idea.

Groom of the Stool. Just imagine the exciting adventures such a sim could have, and not to mention daily responsibilities.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:48 AM
I want Werewolves and Vampires as a class, with quests and the ability to maul Sims (for the wolfie). >:-D And I want the werewolves to LOOK like friggen werewolves, thankyallverymuch.

Seer's might be interesting. Kings could ask them for fortellings and sometimes they could be wrong and screw you up royally. :-D
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 14th Apr 2011 at 3:03 AM.
Spinner/weaver. With flax plants to collect (for linen) and sheep to shear (for wool).

This is a very fundamental craft which RPG crafting systems almost always overlook. Where do they think the characters' clothes come from? :/ In WoW, tailors get cloth from dead humanoid enemies... where did the kobolds and skellies get it?

I'd have to agree with a farmer/miller/cook or baker too. Either separate or combined.

If there's an EP, I have a STRONG suspicion it will include horses... since TS3 is getting em in the fall anyway, they have the models and animations. So why not cows, pigs, and other livestock? And a herder profession to go with.

Innkeeper/brewer/winemaker could be their own thing.
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RuseGryffindor
I want Werewolves and Vampires as a class, with quests and the ability to maul Sims (for the wolfie). >:-D And I want the werewolves to LOOK like friggen werewolves, thankyallverymuch.

I am TOTALLY with you on this !!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:55 AM Last edited by chloecn : 14th Apr 2011 at 7:02 AM. Reason: addition
I really want EA to develop the servant class. Sure they're not as exciting, but there would be a whole plethora of ways to expand on the game through the castle servants. They could act as spies because they are overlooked, or EA could expand on the cooking aspects of the game. The best part of it would probably just be that more parts of the castle would be available.
Also, TSM kinda skips over having artists by having the bard character, but it would be nice to have some kind of painter/sculptor character. They could even get really medieval and have a tapestry weaver

one of the most interesting things about the universe is how amazingly boring it actually is -- Douglas Adams
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 7:00 AM
Cats, obviously. Although they might seem overpowered compared to the other Classes.

Also Carpenters and Stonemasons, so we can start altering what the buildings look like.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 9:05 AM
Vampire or wherewolf might be better as a seperate sim race than as a proffesion.

I was actually a bit surprised that we didnt get to have different sims in sims medieval while sims 3 introduces a new sim race with each expansion and sims 2 in most expansions as well.

Especially considering the huge potential for different races. Sure elves are nice, but gameplay wise they are just humans with different ears, theres nothing truly different about them like not requiring sleep.

Dwarves, Halflings, Vampires, Skeletons, Liches, Trolls, Ogres, Goblins, Demons and Devils could all be options as well.

Halflings shouldnt be that hard, they could use the height of children but have all the appearance options of adults and of course the shape and interactions of adults.

But something evil like a vampire, demon, lich or devil looks like a great thing for a quest. A chance for a hero to really become corrupted and evil. But it is likely that they will go the crappy twilight way with vampires and anything supposedly evil.
Instructor
#17 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:15 AM
I'm pretty sure that EA will take the Fantasy path, because it's a theme that many people are wishing for, though for me "Fantasy" and "Medieval" are two completely different concepts... Elves didn't exist more in the XIIth century than they do now, and Druids are not Medieval, strictly speaking, but belong to Pre-Christian times.

Personally I even dislike the vampires in TS3 Late Night. I mean, it's OK, I just don't play with them, and I understand that right now it's something very popular. And I also understand that if a majority of players want more Fantasy in TSM that's what EA has to do to please their customers, but I'm going to be one of the few (?) that will become uninterested in the TSM franchise.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:52 AM
I personally think they will settle for some middle-ground position. Just like with the elves. You know they exit, but you literally see three to six elves a kingdom. Unless you are very unlucky and many of random NPCs get pointy ears.
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apepis
You know they exit, but you literally see three to six elves a kingdom. Unless you are very unlucky and many of random NPCs get pointy ears.

That's when "edit in CAS" comes in handy!

Scholar
#20 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:07 PM
@alexpilgrim

Well, think of it this way. There are a lot of RPGs that combine fantasy with medieval-type settings. I mean, take Dungeons & Dragons, the father of modern roleplay games; it was based on a game called Chainmail which was based on a medieval setting. So fantasy and medievalness have actually seen as going together for a very long time (in terms of modern gaming).

Instructor
#21 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekowolf
@alexpilgrim

Well, think of it this way. There are a lot of RPGs that combine fantasy with medieval-type settings. I mean, take Dungeons & Dragons, the father of modern roleplay games; it was based on a game called Chainmail which was based on a medieval setting. So fantasy and medievalness have actually seen as going together for a very long time (in terms of modern gaming).

Yes, I know, that's why I say I understand and I find it logic that they might focus it that way, but I came to playing TSM because I've been playing The Sims since they came out, and though they've had a certain level of "fantasy" such as vampires, werewolves and mummies it has been very mild. What I mean is that I was attracted to the game because it was a Sims game and Sims game revolve more or less around real life and everyday achievements, so in my mind TSM is about Medieval times, which is a real historic period. So back to topic, personally what I would like are more classes that reflect the medieval reality, but that's just me, in the end there are as many games as there are players, right?

Scholar
#22 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:25 PM
Well, I thought it might be interesting to branch off not into just other European cultures, but other world cultures during that time, such as from the Middle East and feudal Japan. And of course, associate classes of those cultures.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 3:30 PM
Farmer. Definitely Farmer. I also like the "Ship's Captain" idea, with the ship being a stand alone building. I also want the royal consorts and hero's spouses to be selectable and be able to have professions.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:02 PM
I would like farmers as well. (Also spinners...I spin yarn in RL, and I would love for my medieval sims to be able to as well.)

P.S. If I saw a vampire in my game, I'd kill it.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
spinners...I spin yarn in RL,

Me too! I also drop spindle spin. I'm not that good at it, but I can do it. Spinner/Weavers would be great! At the low levels, the sim could spin, start with a drop spindle, move up to a wheel.. then later higher levels, they could weave cloth, which could be sold to make money.

This would fit in great with farmers, especially if they have animals! Imagine, sheep that could be sheared for fleece!
Page 1 of 2