Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:33 AM
How to locate a name in the Gameplay\Excel
I have read how to add a customized TV channel and book name. Yet I just want to know how to locate such things like Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral, because I want to write some additional potions in the EP7.
Thanks for your help.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 1:36 AM
I too want to know the answer to this, though to add interactions to Sims in the existing pie menu options.
Eminence Grise
#3 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmlc001
I have read how to add a customized TV channel and book name. Yet I just want to know how to locate such things like Gameplay/Excel/Books/BookGeneral, because I want to write some additional potions in the EP7.
Thanks for your help.

Are you thinking that you can add potion recipes just by adding recipe books to the book list? Don't think so... you have to code the potion's effects, and for that, I would think you would need a script mod. (I guess it's possible that it's all XML, but given what some of the potions do, I doubt it.)

Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
I too want to know the answer to this, though to add interactions to Sims in the existing pie menu options.

Thread on adding interactions to sims: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=490830

Not just a matter of editing a list That's a scripting mod.

Basically, adding new game behavior is always going to require scripting, i.e. computer programming in the C# language.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 4:40 AM Last edited by Sims MX : 8th Dec 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Are you thinking that you can add potion recipes just by adding recipe books to the book list? Don't think so... you have to code the potion's effects, and for that, I would think you would need a script mod. (I guess it's possible that it's all XML, but given what some of the potions do, I doubt it.)

Actually, you can add potions to the "AlchemyRecipes" XML and have them work in game. Sims can learn them and mix them, but the effects of those potions are limited to adding traits and moodlets, or removing them. For example, a potion with the following tags would turn a Sim into a zombie that is immune to fire.

Code:
  <Effect1>Trait,ImmuneToFire</Effect1>
  <Effect1>Buff,Zombie</Effect1>
To add potions that are more complex (like the Clone Drone). You would need to create a script mod that loads a custom class for the potion. I have attached an example. I'm going to upload that mod soon (it will include more potions to turn Sims into aliens or cure them). At the moment, it includes two custom potions: one that revives dead Sims and other one that turns Sims into ghosts permanently. Feel free to look at the code, you'll learn how to load custom potions, recipe books for the bookstore and moodlets.

BTW, this is the string you're looking for: "Gameplay/Excel/AlchemyRecipes/AlchemyRecipes:"
Space Pony
#5 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Thread on adding interactions to sims: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=490830

Not just a matter of editing a list That's a scripting mod.

Basically, adding new game behavior is always going to require scripting, i.e. computer programming in the C# language.

I already know that. I have three scripting mods already posted here and another in my own personal test hood.

What I want to know is the localized string to use to add an interaction to say the Mean menu or the Friendly menu.

All the tutorials I've seen involves adding a new submenu to the pie menu on a Sim.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:50 AM
For social interactions, you'll want to localize the following string: "Gameplay/Excel/Socializing/Action:"
Space Pony
#7 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
For social interactions, you'll want to localize the following string: "Gameplay/Excel/Socializing/Action:"

Okay. I am still a bit confused. I've tried that string plus "Mean" and "Mean..." to try and get the interaction in the Mean sub menu but that is not working.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:51 PM
Okay. I am still a bit confused. I've tried that string plus "Mean" and "Mean..." to try and get the interaction in the Mean sub menu but that is not working.

Try "Gameplay/Excel/Socializing/CommodityDefinition:Insulting".
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 6:42 PM
The only path return I could find is in the DJ interactions, here: SellRemixAlbum

Code:
public override string[] GetPath(bool isFemale)
{
    string str = Localization.LocalizeString("Gameplay/Socializing:Special", new object[0]);
    return new string[] { str };
}

You may want to try to replace Special with Friendly. Not sure if that works
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 11:27 PM

Maybe you need to use the SocialData_BaseGame and SocializingActionAvailability (the SAA part) XML's to add this into the current socializing options.

This is how I did my Ask If Single Is Friendly and Friendly Woohoo mods three years ago, without any scripting or STBL or anything else.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Space Pony
#11 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 1:11 AM
Thank you everyone for your response.

Sauzer's string worked.
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer
Try "Gameplay/Excel/Socializing/CommodityDefinition:Insulting".
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th May 2013 at 7:00 AM
No one is answering the basic question? Where in the world is gameplay/excel/. . . ?
Instructor
#13 Old 30th May 2013 at 9:24 PM
Most localization keys can be found by looking at the game's DLL. You can extract them, export them with S3PE and look at them with ILSPY or Reflector. Then you can start searching for the key, but you might need to read some C# tutorials to understand what's going on and ease your search.