Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 12:40 PM
Default I'm not sure where I should post this
But did you guys know about this site:

http://bugmenot.com/view/modthesims.com

Some hacker posted a bunch of peoples passwords up on this site. I just thought I'd warn you guys. I typed "modthesims" in google and it just popped up. Sorry if this is the wrong place but I didn't know how else to report it.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 1:12 PM
Well, I wouldn't worry too much about that because modethesims.com is not this site, which is modethesims.info. Also, that site isn't posting "real" user names and passwords, rather "bugmenot" user and passwords, which would let you log onto a given site without actually registering and revealing who you are, so it's more of a way to protect your personal privacy. And, as modthesims.com doesn't really exist, those user names and passwords are kind of useless, anyway.

Still, thanks for thinking about the potential problem such a list could cause, and putting it up on this forum.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 1:31 PM
Yup, knew about that site. As eskie says, it's not something to worry about. They're intentionally shared accounts, and all but one (which you'll find if you search for the actual site name) are banned. The one that isn't banned I registered myself and put up there so people wouldn't feel the need to make 50 different accounts with shared info. The official account is not allowed to post, use a sig or avatar, or change any of its information (so a single person can't mess up the account so it doesn't work for others). But thanks for reminding me to go and ban the new crop of 'em.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:19 PM
hey i just open the site and type modthesims.info in the search bar on the site and login with the first e-mail and password and it works so it's look like those profile are real.
but why will someone make that for non-pay site

* sorry for bad english *
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:26 PM
simmer4eveer - Because sometimes people don't want to make an account just to download a few things. I don't really mind if I'm going to be coming back to a site periodically, but some people really dislike being forced to register. So I made the MTS2BugMeNot account and listed it myself, so we could have one very limited account that people could use if they just really don't want to register themselves.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
hey i just open the site and type modthesims.info in the search bar on the site and login with the first e-mail and password and it works so it's look like those profile are real.
but why will someone make that for non-pay site

* sorry for bad english *

HP did say that one of the accounts was real; the ones on top are the ones that you have a better chance of getting into, so you could have logged in with HP's.

I guess they just want to protect their identity? Or they don't want to go through the hassle of signing up (especially with those annoying captchas) and just want to go in, download, and leave.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 6:09 PM
Oh is that all that is! I was worried at first it might like that snapchat thing or that hotmail thing a while ago. I guess it's handy if you just want to download stuff.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:05 PM
Personally I'm a big fan of bugmenot. Not for this site, since I'm reasonably active, but for those sites I just want to download one piece of cc from! Or those annoying forums where you can't see pictures if you're not logged in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 1:56 PM
Yeah that's what I've started using it for