Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 10423 (Who?), Viewed: 1296134 times.
Page 417 of 417
Lab Assistant
#10401 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 9:53 PM
Maids clean EVERYTHING. I had a Master Mixologist create a stockpile of fancy drinks, to boost energy, happiness, and especially learning speed. But I knew every NPC that visited the lot always drank them, so I hid them all in a basement room without an entrance so I could hoard them and only use them for my household. Last week I tried hiring a new Maid and I found she did a pretty poor job of cleaning up the place, she's kindof as bad as the Butler.

Unfortunately, after she left I realized she somehow cleaned the fancy drink supply out too! Hours and hours of Mixology down the drain!

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Mister Wolfe Legacy Challenge
Forum Resident
#10402 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 11:26 PM
I discovered today that there is a sim in my town called Robert Raspberry. Seems my sims are being fruitful and multiplying!

Simblr: elyndaworld * Live Journal: Sims Tales * Simblr:The Newcomb Saga
"Well, the way things are can go eat a dick, then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe
Field Researcher
#10403 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 8:37 AM
I discovered today that I spend more time downloading stuff and hoarding CC into the game than actually playing the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#10404 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:08 AM
One of my Sims was hit with two Love Charms, except the first failed. As a result, he had both the "Imminent Nemesis" and "Imminent Romance" (?) moodlets, which are not exactly conflicting but still weird to see. I first sent him to bed for fear of things going bad, but decided to have him Chat with his wife just to see how the game would handle it. Well, as soon as the interaction started, their (full) relationship tanked to almost 0, even though she "thought he was okay", and two uncancellable interactions were queued: "Kiss" and "Beat Up".

And that's the story of how my YA vampire Sim sent very mixed signals to his 75-year-old elderly human wife.

(The in-game story is more complicated. Bartholomew (vampire Sim) had a kid with Bella Bachelor while both were married to other people whom, however, didn't mind it happening. Except cray-cray Bella changed her mind after Bartholomew came to take the baby: she followed Bartholomew home - the game did this on its own -, seduced him, then hit him with a Love Charm as revenge? But since she's an awful witch, you have the situation above. So I guess it's mission accomplished?)

Note: before this, his wife - a much better witch than Bella - attempted to cast a Sunlight Charm in hopes of curing the moodlets. Nope, 2-day "Too Much Sun" moodlet instead AND the two moodlets stayed!

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Lab Assistant
#10405 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:52 PM
I also have a story of mixed signals. I had one of my sims Erica hit on a pre-made sim named Flint (don't know the English name) but he told her he had a girlfriend and she felt awkward. Then a day later the same guy calls her up and ask Erica on a date. I wonder what happened there? Did he dump his girlfriend? Or did he decided to cheat on her?
Site Helper
#10406 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 3:32 AM
I discovered that a sim who is unflirty and dislikes children can still roll wishes to woohoo with someone he just met. (And, on a side note, what possible conversation line that wouldn't annoy an unflirty sim could reveal that you are talking to a Great Kisser?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Scholar
#10407 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
I discovered that a sim who is unflirty and dislikes children can still roll wishes to woohoo with someone he just met. (And, on a side note, what possible conversation line that wouldn't annoy an unflirty sim could reveal that you are talking to a Great Kisser?)

Enthuse About Minty Fresh Breath?

Yeah, this sounds like a match made in heaven...
Lab Assistant
#10408 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:22 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 15th Mar 2017 at 10:19 PM.
I discovered why people loathe the Sims 3 Store so much. Apparently in order to take advantage of Worlds bought via Origin you need to redeem them on the Sims Store site. I didn't know that. When I finally figured it out I tried it. But the loading wheel just kept spinning. So I tried again. This time it told me the code had been applied already but I still don't see the freaking world in my Sims 3!!!! That bundle cos me money.

EDIT. Well I figure out what i needed to do to finally get Hidden Springs at least. But I screwed up with Monte Vista by writing the code in the wrong spot so it's invalid now. I guess I ought to call customer service now...
Field Researcher
#10409 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 12:51 AM
Today I discovered that if I stock my home pond with deathfish, they're there all the time and not Midnight to 5 AM like at the cemetery.
Site Helper
#10410 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 5:06 AM
If you have the Store aquarium that holds 6 fish, you can put 2 fish in and breed them. That's how I keep my deathfish supply.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Scholar
#10411 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:50 AM
Well I just discovered that when you suddenly can't pick up the fireplaces you placed a minute earlier, and you get the feeling that there's a crash imminent, it really is a good idea to trust your instincts and save immediately, even if it'll only take you one more minute to finish what you're doing.

Spoiler alert: I didn't, the game crashed, and I lost the terrace of four multi-storey split-level houses with sloped attic ceilings that I'd spent my evening working on.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#10412 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
Well I just discovered that when you suddenly can't pick up the fireplaces you placed a minute earlier, and you get the feeling that there's a crash imminent, it really is a good idea to trust your instincts and save immediately, even if it'll only take you one more minute to finish what you're doing.

Spoiler alert: I didn't, the game crashed, and I lost the terrace of four multi-storey split-level houses with sloped attic ceilings that I'd spent my evening working on.

Everyone, listen to this person. Too many times has my game crashed because of "I'll just let them finish this interaction and save after"

If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Scholar
#10413 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 6:46 PM
Why do we never learn? (Well, in my case it's probably at least partly because I'm used to awesomemod's hourly autosaving saving my ass and protecting me from having to think about it. Until I'm on a building spree that is. Then I DO need to think about it. But don't. And then "Oh shitttt".)

On the plus side, I have them rebuilt now! And on a more appropriately sized lot this time!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#10414 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 7:02 PM
Today I discovered that if both sim parents suck hard enough, the maid will bring the toddler to his birthday cake, even with both parents home and doing nothing. I knew that they are terrible parents, I've just never seen a non-household member, and an NPC to boot, be chosen over family members. I literally LOL'd.

Does anyone know what the algorithm is for choosing the caker? I've had theories but each one has been debunked by my games.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Lab Assistant
#10415 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
@ShackInTheMountains - That is both awesome and sad at the same time. Give that maid a raise.

If by caker you mean the one who takes the baby or toddler to the cake for the celebration, it's been a crapshoot in my games. I click on the mom, and the dad scoops the wee one up, or the opposite. No rhyme or reason with Sims sometimes.

My birthday peeve is when the non-caker parent gets pushed to do something else mid-celebration. Oh hey, I think I'll go outside and browse the internet. Get your ass back inside and be a parent.

In the game of life, I play with Free Will set to High.
Instructor
#10416 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:06 PM
That this is a possible rejection message when using online dating:

I mean, I know Morrigan is evil, but wow
Test Subject
#10417 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:51 PM
That it's entirely possible for the game to deposit large sums of money into your household funds for no reason with no notification.

I was playing the rags to riches challenge. When my sim went to sleep in her sleeping bag her funds jumped from 6$ to 9,806$. She didn't sell anything, no celebrity status, no lucky trait, etc. Apparently this has been a problem since ambitions, according to various threads that pop up when you google it. No definite reason why it happens though from what I've seen.

It was a hard decision, but I removed the money to at least try and play by the rules.
Lab Assistant
#10418 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:00 PM
I've had this happen before too, I randomly had something like 20k dropped on me for no reason whatsoever once.
Scholar
#10419 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpot444
That it's entirely possible for the game to deposit large sums of money into your household funds for no reason with no notification.

I was playing the rags to riches challenge. When my sim went to sleep in her sleeping bag her funds jumped from 6$ to 9,806$. She didn't sell anything, no celebrity status, no lucky trait, etc. Apparently this has been a problem since ambitions, according to various threads that pop up when you google it. No definite reason why it happens though from what I've seen.

It was a hard decision, but I removed the money to at least try and play by the rules.

What often happens with this bug is that the game "thinks" your sim is selling a car that your sim does not really own and credits them with amount of the sale. I've never seen it firsthand, but I believe that one of the NRaas mods (Overwatch or StoryProgression?) might prevent this from happening. Or from happening as often.
Field Researcher
#10420 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpot444
That it's entirely possible for the game to deposit large sums of money into your household funds for no reason with no notification..

Don't use the Simfinder to generate a perfect spouse by picking its trait and generating a new sim. Every time. Millionaire. Every. Time.
Lab Assistant
#10421 Old Yesterday at 4:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
What often happens with this bug is that the game "thinks" your sim is selling a car that your sim does not really own and credits them with amount of the sale. I've never seen it firsthand, but I believe that one of the NRaas mods (Overwatch or StoryProgression?) might prevent this from happening. Or from happening as often.

Oh wow- that might explain why I haven't seen this happen in a really long time. I started using those two mods a lot later than the others, especially SP. I only really started using that in earnest over the last three months or so.
Top Secret Researcher
#10422 Old Yesterday at 11:58 AM Last edited by sweetdevil : Yesterday at 12:08 PM.
Maybe this can help someone else, so I'm putting it out there.

Sim A is in my active household, and I moved Sim B in to marry them. But somehow they wouldn't get past Romantic Interest and, in one stray test, Boyfriends (they're both male). None had any active "exclusive" relationships, no amount of resets, mod checks, household switches or move-out-move-ins could fix it, so what do?

Well, Sim A had been married before; Sim A died and was resurrected, then his wife died and was resurrected as Fiancee, after which she too didn't have the option of marrying Sim A. Then she died again (it's complicated) and stayed dead this time, but I'm guessing the relationships somehow glitched and the game still registered Sim A as "taken".

The solution was to move another Sim in*, Sim C, who flirted with Sim B to the point where he could ask Sim B to "Break Up with Sim A" - which is odd, since they weren't committed to begin with! But there you go, another glitch that needs a ridiculous workaround to fix.

* or just get a Sim in the active household with a high enough relationship with the would-be partner

Tl;dr: if you're not seeing the option to get married and have gone through resets, mod checks, cache deletions etc., have another Sim ask the target of your Sim's affections to break up with your Sim

Scholar
#10423 Old Yesterday at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
Tl;dr: if you're not seeing the option to get married and have gone through resets, mod checks, cache deletions etc., have another Sim ask the target of your Sim's affections to break up with your Sim

This is admittedly one of the nuttier "features" of the game. It's really difficult to ask a dead sim to "Let's Just Be Friends." Or rather, it's easy to ask, but not easy to get an answer.

But wouldn't the Clean Slate LTR be sufficient to free up the sim who died but is no longer dead from the entanglements with his dead fiancee or would there have been a downside to using that?
Top Secret Researcher
#10424 Old Yesterday at 4:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
But wouldn't the Clean Slate LTR be sufficient to free up the sim who died but is no longer dead from the entanglements with his dead fiancee or would there have been a downside to using that?

I went back to an earlier save and applied the Clean Slate reward to Sim A (the one who couldn't get married)...and it didn't work :/ I did get the message saying the Sim's romantic past had been erased (or something like that) but he still had Sim B as a boyfriend and no "Propose Marriage" option. Couldn't try it on Sim B because he doesn't have enough LTR points and the cheat isn't working for me right now.

To be fair, both Sim A and his (now dead for good) wife were brought back via Resurrection Ritual and Sunlight Charm, not the "classic" way of resurrecting the ghost through the science facility and having them eat Ambrosia. I can only assume something happened that was not considered when EA worked on the coding, to accommodate this resurrection method? Either way, my two Sims are now finally happily married

Page 417 of 417