Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 10071 (Who?), Viewed: 1259949 times.
Page 403 of 403
Field Researcher
#10051 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 1:13 PM
To sweetdevil: It is normal, I think because the game treats ghosts the same as living sims
Instructor
#10052 Old 13th Aug 2016 at 3:23 PM
I discovered that if you have the slacker lifetime reward your boss will not care if your sim sleeps at work and they will completely recharge themselves by about halfway through their shift, so they will still get promoted any everything. So I am just having my Sims sleep at work now and then they have plenty of time at home to do whatever else they want or need to do, who needs to sleep at home any more?!

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10053 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 12:44 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 14th Aug 2016 at 1:22 PM.
As I don't play elders very often, only now have I discovered that their bladder need decays faster than that of other Sims. It's -16 points for elders and -13.33 for all the others.

ETA: Although, come to think of it, it might very well be AwesomeMod that does this, given MATY's obsession with pee.
Theorist
#10054 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 6:33 PM
Maybe, but I don't have AwesomeMod, and yes..elders need to go more often in my game too.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Scholar
#10055 Old 14th Aug 2016 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 14th Aug 2016 at 11:22 PM.
More random discoveries:

- Just about any lighting that isn't a torch counts as electrical enough for a robot to syphon from. You know those statues of Anubis holding a bowl? Yeah, you can syphon power from those as a robot.

- Robots don't seem to get all the flurry of "Find a secret door" and "Open a chest" and so on in tombs in WA, like humans do. Which not only means a lot less wish points on WA, but also less of a clues that there's a trap or secret door nearby.

- Major Master is a pretty good lifetime wish if you need a lot of lifetime points and don't mind spending a lot of time in college. True, the LTW itself isn't worth a lot, but it gives you a pretty good chance of getting a wish to get one degree, two degrees... up to six degrees. And they're worth more points than the LTW. Chug a wish enhancement alchemy potion on friday, and, yeah, that's a whole lot of points.

- You know how your academic performance goes up when you do some activity that rises a relevant skill? Like, how your science and medicine school performance goes up when you fish or garden? Listening to a skill tabcast on the store MultiTab does count. A lot. And you can keep doing it all the way to skill 10, although it should max your academic performance much sooner than that. College the easy way, yo!

- You can also combine it with some other activity that boosts up the same skill, for even faster raising that skill. Like listen to a logic tabcast while playing chess (if you're in Technology), or listen to a guitar tabcast while playing the guitar (if you're in fine arts.)

- Incense does help too. Essentially, the faster you raise your skills, the faster your school performance goes up. So use the incense holder from China all around the dorm.

- Ditto for fairy auras or the vampire night bonus. If you're a vampire, totally do the skill learning at night, near an incense holder.

- And again, sleep in class, ESPECIALLY if you play a vampire, since your energy goes down MUCH slower at night. So if you tank up on sleep right before 6 PM, it should more than last you until morning. So you have lots of time to party, or raise your skills or whatever.

- Being Ambitious or Multitasking also helps your school performance, same as it helps the normal job performance. If you're going for more than one degree, you can take Ambitious as your academic trait after the first degree, and then switch to something else after the last degree.
Field Researcher
#10056 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:09 PM
If you lock your gardens beforehand zombies cannot enter them and ruin your plants. It makes them a bit more bearable IMO.
Scholar
#10057 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 5:22 PM
Depends, actually. In my world, zombies tend to spawn near the house, which tended to be INSIDE the garden. So, yeah, great, now they couldn't get OUT of my garden

Yeah, didn't exactly make me love EA, if you get my drift

There are solutions, though. For a start, putting the plants inside a greenhouse (really, any indoor room) not only keeps the zombies out, but also prevents the bug where the plant goes dormant right as it should go harvestable. You know, the one where the plant is stuck at mature ever after.

Or you could just turn zombies off.
#10058 Old 15th Aug 2016 at 6:43 PM
Another solution is to use those magic lights that came with Supernatural, the ones that emit coloured light. Once they're switched on zombies are drawn to them like moths. And if you're lucky they'll catch the magic colour and are cured of zombieism.
Field Researcher
#10059 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 8:43 AM
That using AwesomeMod TS2aging also stops inactive pregnancies, unlike alternatives to it :D
Field Researcher
#10060 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 11:39 AM Last edited by dreamfoil : 17th Aug 2016 at 11:57 AM.
Bob Ross lives on in the sims his artistic ability has gone downhill though.

Is face painting kids for eternity heaven or hell?

Lab Assistant
#10061 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moraelin
Depends, actually. In my world, zombies tend to spawn near the house, which tended to be INSIDE the garden. So, yeah, great, now they couldn't get OUT of my garden

Yeah, didn't exactly make me love EA, if you get my drift

There are solutions, though. For a start, putting the plants inside a greenhouse (really, any indoor room) not only keeps the zombies out, but also prevents the bug where the plant goes dormant right as it should go harvestable. You know, the one where the plant is stuck at mature ever after.

Or you could just turn zombies off.

Another trick is not to build the garden next to the house, but put it somewhere off towards the edge of the lot instead. Fence it off and lock the door to anyone not in your family, and your plants will be safe. In my experience zombies always spawn next to the house, so they wont spawn inside a garden that's separated from the house.
#10062 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 1:45 PM
Just now my ghosthunter successfully exorcised a possessed gable decoration that came with the world of Dragon Valley. My other ghosthunter in Midnight Hollow couldn't do so with the gable pieces that came with that world. I think it's got to do with that the Midnight Hollow gables are ceiling pieces while the Dragon Valley ones are floor pieces.
Field Researcher
#10063 Old 18th Aug 2016 at 7:23 PM
I learned that a dancing skill comes with the ballet barre from the Store
Instructor
#10064 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 11:23 PM Last edited by Elynda : 21st Aug 2016 at 11:44 AM.
I don't often play the Pets expansion, but I have it installed on an old laptop I use for emergencies. Well I was playing on there today and I discovered something that struck me as a bit daft. One of my sims is an Animal Lover, another is a Dog Person (I think that's what its called). Anyway, they don't seem to be able to have any conversation about either dogs or animals in general without falling out. Apparently it's a trait incompatability. I can't quite see the logic of that.

Simblr: elyndaworld * Live Journal: Sims Tales
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
21st Aug 2016 at 4:30 AM
This message has been deleted by Emmett Brown. Reason: Wrong again. I should check if I'm right before I post and not after
Field Researcher
#10065 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 10:29 AM
I finally figured out how assigning bed ownership on double beds works; only the side of the bed clicked is assigned
Lab Assistant
#10066 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:42 AM
I've had Pets since release, yet I've never seen one play in a tub until today.

Lv22 Magikarp
apocalypticsims
Field Researcher
#10067 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:37 PM
I learned that my stupid computer crashes every time I try to play for extended periods of time. Thus that I should save more often.
Lab Assistant
#10068 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:56 PM
I learned I have no patience and probably shouldn't be trusted with the installation of mods that are really hard to install.
#10069 Old Yesterday at 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynda
I don't often play the Pets expansion, but I have it installed on an old laptop I use for emergencies. Well I was playing on there today and I discovered something that struck me as a bit daft. One of my sims is an Animal Lover, another is a Dog Person (I think that's what its called). Anyway, they don't seem to be able to have any conversation about either dogs or animals in general without falling out. Apparently it's a trait incompatability. I can't quite see the logic of that.

It's a trait incompatibility because you can't have both traits together.
Site Helper
#10070 Old Yesterday at 7:24 PM
You can have Charismatic and Friendly together.
You can have Mean-spirited and hot headed together.
You can have brave and daredevil together.
And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are more. But you can't be fond of all animals, especially dogs?
I agree. I don't quite follow that logic.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2015 Yearbook
Forum Resident
#10071 Old Yesterday at 8:14 PM
Well, if you are a dog lover doesn't mean you are fond of ALL the animals. It is possible to hate all the other animals. So a non-discerning animal lover might be an abomination to a dog lover. Kind of like a snob. Only one animal is worth all the love.

Look at me, trying to make sense of EA's choices since 2009.
Lab Assistant
#10072 Old Today at 2:01 AM
My teenage sim hit this NPC with a "potent friendship" potion (Supernatural). That makes them best friends. He did it so he could ask someone to teach him how to drive. He's an orphan and has no parents.

Upshot is, the kind and good sim he hit with the potion and ask to teach him to drive, was a police officer, and she taught him how to drive in her police cruiser. Yes, he was out after curfew. I felt sure when I saw the police car outside the gym, he was busted but no, he got a driving lesson.

Yeah, this is the same teenage sim who was abducted by an alien and then busted by the cop for being out after curfew in the Moon Base Charlie II world. He moved to Dragon Valley. The cops are much nicer here.
Page 403 of 403