Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Guidelines/Rubrics Changes - posted on 16th Jun 2017 at 6:09 PM
Replies: 10611 (Who?), Viewed: 1311751 times.
Page 425 of 425
Top Secret Researcher
#10601 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 10:16 AM
I've rediscovered that you can change the order of collections and the order of items within a collection. The annoying part is that both windows have the "Delete Collection" option, which can be confusing because one refers to deleting one item from a collection, and the other deletes the entire collection.

I also discovered that if you want to have a "deco" lot but don't want it to display a map tag, and you also have World Adventures, it's best to use the enablelotlocking true command and change the lot type to "Hidden Tomb". That way sims won't visit it and it won't show up in Map View, but you can still access it by zooming in I haven't yet tested if you can enter "closed" buildings on that lot, though.

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
pocci/gardenbreeze CC reupload
Lab Assistant
#10602 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:33 PM
I currently have a save game solely for experimenting with artist sims; basically I give every sim exactly 1 trait, enable static needs, and then let them paint 24/7 and compare the results.

Among other lab rats I have one artistic sim and one with the can't stand art trait. They just painted the same picture at the same skill level:

So if your sim hates art he will be an amazing artist and paint crystal clear pictures, and if your sim is artistic he will just vomit all over the canvas. The value is quite similar by the way, 462 for the guy who hates art and 487 for the artistic impressionist.
Site Helper
#10603 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 1:47 AM
The Can't stand art guy wants his pictures to be realistic. The artist wants to capture the mood as well as just the scene.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Scholar
#10604 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:00 AM
I get the concept, but the execution seems...lacking.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Theorist
#10605 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:05 AM
Seems to me that it's kind of poking fun at artists and their "visions"....

I'm not sure how they could have executed the difference in how the two sims paint, other than to have the sim who can't stand art to not paint at all. But in general I'm not in favor of overly restrictive game play. The other option would have been for them to do the opposite (with the artist sim painting the crystal clear version) but like I said, I think they were trying to be funny. I also think some of the stuff they do are actually inside jokes directed at fellow co-workers.

Receptacle Refugee ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#10606 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:20 AM
I think you're all missing a very important factor here. The Can't Stand Art guy is unable to open his mind to different forms of artistic expression other than Realism because he is wearing a hat that is too tight. Note that the Artistic guy is able to create without any such restrictions, as he is not wearing one.
Mad Poster
#10607 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 1:16 PM
I guess it could have made sense to restrict the skill level of paintings a Can't Stand Art Sim could paint no matter what their skill level was at. It's not like they would put time and effort into something they can't stand.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#10608 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:27 AM
If your sims goes swimming in the ocean in winter, they get the "Polar Bear Club" moodlet. Then they spend the rest of the day walking around in a snow storm in a wet bathing suit.

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here
Space Pony
#10609 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
The Can't stand art guy wants his pictures to be realistic. The artist wants to capture the mood as well as just the scene.

Oddly, the Can't Stand Art sim's painting seems to be closer to the actual artwork that inspired it.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10610 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 7:49 AM
There is a pre-made Sim in Midnight Hollow whose bio is centred around that she is a renowned artist whose major flaw is that she's talented but can't stand art. I think it makes sense.
Top Secret Researcher
#10611 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
My Sims acquired a new maid. Her name is Anne T. Septik (name generated by the game not me). OKAY......

An eye-for-eye and tooth-for-tooth would lead to a world of the blind and toothless.
Forum Resident
#10612 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 3:39 AM
I ran across a plumbot waiter called ICU-P, in that vein.
Page 425 of 425