Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:54 AM
Maybe Simonut is thinking of Exnem's hot dog cart? That was a pay item, I believe, back in the good old days... I think C&K cloned that for hers, though. I don't think the original has an NPC, though, since it doesn't move.

And that hot dog cart is another thing I need to re-download now. *sigh* I get rid of stuff that I download and then don't use in order to clean out my catalogs and then down the line decide I want it back. Never fails. I really need to start keeping the archive files after I install the packages instead of deleting them, especially now that sites are more and more likely to disappear. I've got a 5TB external hard drive. It's not like I'm hurting for storage space or anything...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 11:29 AM
@iCad - Fair enough on your skill set, but if I ever find anything that closely simulates that kind of animation I'll be sure and let you know.

@Simonut - The hot dog stand is by Exnem, as iCad mentioned, but I did want to let you know that if you wanted an updated/more modern looking popcorn maker, see the World of Wonders link in my posting on the first page (post 16). C&K cloned AbstractSiMmer's (Echo and Hexameter are referenced as well) popcorn maker to make her popcorn and cotton candy maker functional. The animations on the items are nicely done.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 12:32 PM
Simonut is thinking of custom food and not removing it with the cart, but C&K's can be removed since it doesn't give memories, favorite food etc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#29 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
@iCad - Fair enough on your skill set, but if I ever find anything that closely simulates that kind of animation I'll be sure and let you know.

@Simonut - The hot dog stand is by Exnem, as iCad mentioned, but I did want to let you know that if you wanted an updated/more modern looking popcorn maker, see the World of Wonders link in my posting on the first page (post 16). C&K cloned AbstractSiMmer's (Echo and Hexameter are referenced as well) popcorn maker to make her popcorn and cotton candy maker functional. The animations on the items are nicely done.

@PenelopeT Thank you, yes I saw that last year and try the popcorn maker ( it does look much better ) but for some reason it did not function for me when I place it on a community lot. I don't know why it did not.
Or if I needed another EPs my game only go from the Base through Seasons.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 1:45 PM
Simonut ... I find you need to make sure the routing is OK; otherwise, it won't work. Did you try it in a field or open area to see if it worked then?

I had it in my bowling alley, and for quite a while, couldn't figure out what was wrong! I had to move it to a slightly more open area in the building. It doesn't take a lot of space, but it does require a little.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#31 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@ Simonut C&K is on Tumblr, not the booty. Also her food carts can be removed, she said so recently on here. Perhaps you have one by PCsims?

@joandsarah77 Thanks I made a error the hot cart I have did not come from C&K it is by Exmen at the booty toward the bottom of the screen, name Food Card / Hot cart.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 3:29 PM Last edited by gazania : 7th Mar 2016 at 4:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
And that hot dog cart is another thing I need to re-download now. *sigh* I get rid of stuff that I download and then don't use in order to clean out my catalogs and then down the line decide I want it back. Never fails. I really need to start keeping the archive files after I install the packages instead of deleting them, especially now that sites are more and more likely to disappear. I've got a 5TB external hard drive. It's not like I'm hurting for storage space or anything...

I find that is another reason why backups on disc are a good idea. Every once in a while, I think, "I remember there was something I liked from _________'s site", try to go back to _______'s site, and find that it went "poof". And better yet, there is no trace of it in the Graveyard. Occasionally, I can kind of cheat and find recolors/retextures of it on other sites, but sometimes, it really is gone. And no amount of Waybacking will get it back.

But I go a little further than that, after a recent unfortunate experience.

My Downloads folder on my machine must really hate me, but from now on, if I even think I want something, I put it in one of my "not tested" folders. If I like it, it goes into my "already tested" folder, which, now that I think of it, is due to be burned on a disc so I can save some space on my machine. And ALL colors, rextures, etc. go in the "already tested" folder, whether I use them or not.

I pick and choose to try to cut down on my Downloads folder in my game (though at 3.2 Gigs, apparently, I haven't entirely succeeded!), but there have been so many times I thought, "I really like this outfit in my game, but I downloaded only the red, black and green one. I'd like the blue one, too." Then I try to go to the site, and again ... poof. Or the original link is messed-up now thanks to Mediafire's, etc. screw-up. And Wayback simply shrugs at me.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#33 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 5:48 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 7th Mar 2016 at 8:45 PM.
I wasn't sure where to post this. I'm sure there is a "Oh look what I found" place/ thread out there somewhere, but bein that this thread was dealin with carnival stuffeths I thought this might be a good place for it.

So while I was link following (and takin a break from my DL sorting..) I found Imagine That and they have just posted up 2 new NPC's. A Jester for medieval hoods and a Mime for reg hoods that will entertain your simmies. Just thought it might go good with a carnival setting
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 8:34 PM
I decided to build a carnival... right when I am in the middle of a build and decorate contest, as you do. Once I get a bug for something I can't rest until it is done. Of course spending two days play over the front entrance kind of says the speed this is going so I don't know when I will get to the bumper cars.

Oh that mime is tempting. I never cared for the clowns deleting them from my old game (do not do that children) I thought about using the games human statue in my carnival but I find him a bit creepy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#35 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 8:47 PM Last edited by CaliBrat : 9th Mar 2016 at 5:31 PM.
Are you buildin a carnival lot for you or to possible upload *hint, hint nudge, nudge* Either way .. want pics :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 9:42 PM
For upload. There are carnivals around but I thought one hasn't been put up here for ages and I am making this specifically for the newer cc items. Now that I have finally CFE'd the front to my liking (I'm crazy for spending so much time doing that) I think I will use the human statue and give a link to the mime so that people can either keep him or switch easily. I'm wondering if I should make some striped walls for it or just look for some. I made a few walls some years back not even sure if I remember how to now. There was a thread where we put down our simming goals for the year and I said mine was to try and upload something different, either a sim, pet or walls.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#37 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 12:39 AM
Simonut is thinking of custom food and not removing it with the cart, but C&K's can be removed since it doesn't give memories, favorite food etc.

Ok here what on my mind that got me thinking C&K on her post said the objects like the popcorn cart and a few other items was "clone" from this creator http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=251569 and Echo together,
that creator on that link have not been on here since 2009 and also Echo have not so I can't ask them. Member joandsarah77 said on this post that C&K said it is safe to removed her food cart.
I am wonder if it is save to removed the "old" popcorn cart this is where C&K clone it from, right now I still have the old popcorn cart from the link I left along with the new one from C&K ( I want to remove the old one but scare. )

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#38 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 2:16 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 8th Mar 2016 at 4:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Are you buildin a carnival lot for you or to possible upload *hint, hint nudge, nudge* Either way .. want pics :D

Nothing much to see yet.

Simonut, I would guess okay.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#39 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 5:03 AM
This is a 'Fair' I made awhile back, it's a 1x3 or maybe 1x4 lot. It got a lot of visitor's and everything worked perfectly. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 8:39 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 9th Mar 2016 at 3:41 AM.
Should I try for the roller coaster or not? I have built a small one-don't even know if it works yet. I'm in two minds about it as it still takes up quite a bit of room and IMO it's kind of ugly and out of place with what else I hove planned. It looks more like it would belong in a wild west type park. I didn't use the largest lot since I would like to decrease the lag.

Well DD (dear daughter) told me to go for jungle rather than wild west, the girl has sense, it looks a lot better now even after a panic when placing ceiling tile did something crazy to it (CFE a two edged sword) I just wish I started it one tile to the right... yes I might have to demolish and rebuild the entrance to the ride and make it one tile shorter.

I jungled it up so I guess it's staying now. Now how to fit the rest in. I wish I had gone for a larger lot but I didn't want lag, of course then I go and slap down all those lag inducing plants...

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#41 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 3:58 AM
@ joandsarah77 This look like it will turn out nice, after you complete it and finish, I guess you will have to "Keep" it in your game and never remove it. Did you make a "copy" of your game before you added this ?
Knowing you I am sure you did.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 4:17 AM
I'll be keeping it all don't worry. I know what they are since I had them years ago in another install (which I did pull back then as I didn't know any better) I think I will move it over to my 'Don't remove' folder since it's easy to forget in a 50?50 search.

I'm not sure on the fence if that will block the sims from view, but I think it looks better with one. Again my daughter's idea she said they will all go flying off! Also they will get whacked in the face with leaves. Got to live dangerously.

Does anyone know if the roller coaster uses an NPC? I would like to list them all in the upload.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#43 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 1:07 PM
Does anyone know if the roller coaster uses an NPC? I would like to list them all in the upload.

I think you should check this list out there something there about the "Roller Coaster" on that list toward mid-way bottom. http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ThatCreatesNPCs

Also I found this thread from last year scroll down and read Post #15 http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=565839

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#44 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 1:12 PM
Thanks for the links, there it says the jury is still out if the coaster has an NPC or not hmm.

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#45 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Simonut : 10th Mar 2016 at 10:59 PM.
Yeah that what it said, the jury is still out, with the Pets EP they gave us birds, I am a bird person I love them and I do have two birds in real life I have had since 1994 here at home name Toby and spike.
Well I have birds pets in my Sims game and they fly and move around just like a real bird, I'll thinking maybe they have an NPCs as well, gee maybe my whole game is rule by NPCs who know what going on.
I really Miss Numenor and Mootida they was really good for getting to the bottom finding out things like that.

Page 2 of 2