Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:33 AM Last edited by miriamnz : 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to create NPCs without using Downtownie templates?
I have just started a new custom neighbourhood, using empty templates sourced over at MATY. I have various "no respawn" mods and all seems to be going swimmingly, with my Character Folder containing only sims I have created. At the moment I am trying to make the necessary NPCs for my hood, using the NPC and townie maker. However I have been disappointed to discover that new NPCs are drawn from those wretched downtownie templates.

I have installed a mod, from Sim Manipulator: "Downtownie templates begone", however this does not seem to be working, at least not with NPCs made using the NPC/Townies maker. Is there a mod available, or system I could use that would force NPCs to be made using the custom face templates I have installed (by Terrakosmos)?

If there is no solution, my plan is to use the sim surgery option on my newly created NPCs, in order to make them look somewhat different, and geneticise the changes. But I'd prefer it if the new NPCs were created from the templates I have installed, rather than resorting to this method.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 9:08 AM
Part 4b: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,10798.0.html

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.