Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 12:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing lot sun location
I built a house but I don't want sunlight at the front where the mailbox and trash can is.
I want to change the sun location so that the sun shines at the backyard.

But I failed, I tried to change the U11 code in the Lot Description but it didn't change the sun.
I also changed the lot orientation but it didn't work.

How can I change the sun location?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:03 PM
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 5:57 PM
I meant changing the sun location of a lot... not lighting
But thanks anyway, now, I know how to change lights.

Do you know, how to change the sun location?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 6:16 PM
Mootilda knows what she's talking about here. I suggest rereading the posts in that link, Hook seems to have found a way to changing the direction of light (sun) while ON a lot at least. I don't think you can change the sun orientation the way you want to. It's set when you build and depends on the direction the lot is facing.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 8th Apr 2014 at 7:39 PM.
I'll give it a try.
I downloaded the lighting file.

Edit: It really worked thank you.

My Simblr
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:42 PM

I might have to give it a try myself.
Site Helper
#7 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 9:52 PM
That's right. To change the internal rotation of a lot, you have to change the rotation of every object and array on the lot. We don't have a program that will do that.

However, the sun direction is a part of the lighting system and that's pretty easy to change.

I've noticed that the files in that thread aren't well labelled. They actually rotate the sun by increments of 90 degrees from the internal rotation. However, I believe that the labels apply to only one internal rotation (probably the standard one). So, if one file doesn't work, try another until you get what you want.

By the way, be sure to backup before you fool around with the lot rotation value in SimPE. Choosing a lot rotation which means that there is a road on the lot, but that road is not at the "front" of the lot, can actually sink your lot under the terrain and create a large blue tear.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:03 AM
That already happened.
I ended up with a sunken lot.

I restored from backup but I decided to recreate the lot from scratch with the right sun location rather than experimenting with SimPe.

My Simblr