Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:28 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 30th Apr 2016 at 10:45 AM.
Default Delurking
Hi everyone,

I love this site and stop by most days. I've downloaded and hit the thanks button for many creations that have made my game tons better. I read the new "Sims 2" discussion posts whenever I have time.

For the most part, though, I haven't been actually posting. I hit the buttons on discussion threads (Agree/Disagree/Helpful/Love), but I've been thinking I really ought to be a bit more sociable, since I almost always get something useful and/or fun when I come by.

So hello!

I'm not a modder of any sort, though I'm starting to be more comfortable with SimPE and use HoodChecker religiously (on my frequent backups, of course, lol). I discovered "Sims 2" in late 2014, so I haven't been playing long---except, honestly, I have a lot of time to play, so I've grown pretty familiar with the game, if I may say so, and sorted through (and tested...and groaningly 50/50'd!) many, many mods while considering how I want my megahood to work. (There's a thread about why we play megahoods somewhere that I'll post to soon, so you can know more about the sort of player I am.)

I briefly toyed with "Sims 3," though honestly only because I wanted the UC and so figured I needed an Origin account anyway to beg for it with. (My Base+NL+OFB game was disks only.) But that game just made me sad---I could hardly tell the sims apart, they were so wooden and so uninterested in one another. So my fancy gaming rig (16GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce video card, and JBL audio, running under Windows 8.1) now, happily, only gets used to play "Sims 2" again. No regrets there...well, maybe except for the fact that it's a big pain to get the game to recognize a high-end secondary video card. But there again, the player community offers help threads, and those helped me get up and running.

MTS2 is an especially enjoyable community, so I hope I can finally give back with little bits of info along the way. It's lovely to see there are even a few of the best-known modders still posting, like BoilingOil and Chris Hatch. The game definitely deserves a long-lasting fanbase.

I look forward to more actively talking with you all!

(Edited to correct a silly mistake about my computer's specs.)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 8:05 PM
@natboopsie Hello! nice to see you posting here- looking forward to seeing your sims!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@natboopsie Hello! nice to see you posting here- looking forward to seeing your sims!

Thanks, @simsample! (And thanks for giving me the chance to see what happens when one is @ mentioned in a post. Good to know.)

Hm, don't know about actual pics. I even dislike it when vacationing sims want to take snapshots, lol. Just a little quirk of mine. But I'll see what I can do as far as providing a window of some sort into my playstyle and primary hood!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 10:22 PM
Welcome, Ms. Nat! That's a very pleasant de-lurk you've done there.

Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
The game definitely deserves a long-lasting fanbase.

And so it shall have.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:49 PM
Thank you for the kind words, r_deNoube.

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
And so it shall have.

From your mouth to God's ear!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 7:48 PM
Hey! Welcome to the forums! It's nice to know someone who stuck with TS2, as most people seemed to move to the latest games (myself included). I hope you have a lovely stay

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2016 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
Hey! Welcome to the forums! It's nice to know someone who stuck with TS2, as most people seemed to move to the latest games (myself included). I hope you have a lovely stay

It's kind of you to come by and say so. Thanks! These forums are a nice place to be.