Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Oct 2010 at 11:04 PM
Default Mason Legacy
I'm really enjoying this legacy challenge.

I started my family with these mini-challenges:

Tacky Tourist
Pack Rats
Legacy in Reality
Ambrosia-Allergic
Unlively Lifefruit
Haunted House
Naïve
First born rights

I decided to document each sims life after it has ended so I can see the legacy in snippets.

My first Generation 0 sim, Don, just had his moment with the grim reaper. Here is his story

Don Mason
Mason Family Generation 0

97 Days Total
170097 Lifetime points
Master of the Arts Achievement
Rock Star (Top of the Musician Career)

Don knew he had to start somewhere. His parents had passed on, leaving him a small inheritance but little else.

He loved being outside so he bought the biggest possible piece of land he could find. It was in an upscale neighborhood, close to fishing and an amazing view of the ocean. But like most people coming into adulthood, he vastly underestimated the cost of daily living. Those things like food, a place to sleep and even a roof over his head had been provided by his parents and he had taken them for granted.

He decided to get a roommate. The only one who would take him up on his offer was Carly, an orphan teenager who had very little to offer. But she said she loved to garden and would make use of the land. The lack of more suitable roommates might have been because he didn’t actually have any rooms built yet.

Carly started planting voraciously from day one. He tried to keep up with her gardening but just never got the hang of it. All Don wanted to do was work on his art; on the easel and with the guitar.

Once he was a full adult he realized this ‘living off the land’ thing Carly was into just wasn’t working for him. He went to the local theatre and begged for whatever job they could give him, all they had open was “professional fan”. Some of those concerts were so bad, he wouldn’t have attended them if he hadn’t had been paid, but that was the point of the job, right? To get warm bodies in the seats or mosh pits.

Don played the guitar every chance he had and was soon noticed at work. It was to his great surprise that he had been raised to the status of Rock Star just by doing what he loved. The celebrity status wasn’t all it had been cracked up to be, so after one big goodbye concert he quit his job and mostly disappeared from public life.

His priorities had changed over the many days with Carly. She had gone from scrawny teenager to a beautiful young adult and the love of his life.

After they were married, she continued to be a stay at home gardener. They waited to be sure the relationship would last before they decided to have a child.

Daemon was born late in Don’s life but the impact was pronounced. Don suddenly wanted to leave something behind for his family. With old age creeping into his bones he set out on a mission to leave behind a legacy of his paintings for the family. He decorated the house with 15 of his best, hoping they would bring joy to future generations.

Don thought back to his first days as an adult and realized art on the walls wasn’t going to be enough, the family needed some liquid assets. He called his agent and set up one last big event, an autograph signing outside the old theatre where his career had started.

The turnout was amazing and after that he went to bed every night knowing he had done the best he could for his family.

One night the night the inevitable did happen and he went somewhat reluctantly with the shadowy figure.

He regretted that he would never see Daemon grow into the amazing adult Don believed he could be. He knew Carly would be heartbroken, but hoped she would find some kind of joy after he was gone and be a loving mother to Daemon.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 1:50 AM
It was an eventful day in the Forley family. Alisha finally reached her lifetime want of having a perfect garden on the same day that Allie and Jesse finished learning their toddler skills and the older twins both maxed their gardening skill. Feeling inadequate, Alexander decided that he would lead the celebration. He declared that he would take Ben and Carrie on a vacation to the place of their choice, while Alisha stayed home to spend more time in her garden and with the toddlers. The location of their trip was a hot topic at dinner that night. Carrie wanted to go to Champs Les Sims, to explore the center of art and culture. Ben wanted to visit Al Simhara, because of the crocodile his father had once brought home from the grocery store. Finally, Alexander settled the argument by informing Carrie that, while Champs Les Sims may be the center of the arts, no other city in the world rivaled Al Simhara for photography. Eager to learn this new skill, Carrie agreed with her brother and father that Egypt was their destination.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 3:50 AM
While this reply is for Envie, you should all read it because I have made a new change to the Point guideline post. Read below to find out about the exciting new change!!

Quote: Originally posted by Envie42
One thing I'd suggest adding as a mini-challenge to go with your other great ideas is an insanity-runs-in-the-family challenge. I've seen it done other ways but one thing I have done in the past is hand down one common trait of 'insane' (or genius, or both) in my families, which combined with some other traits leads to some hilarious outcomes. You can't take this one very seriously because you end up with all sorts of odd sim habits and relationships. I had one rambling mess of a house (kept adding a couple more rooms each generation) that was truly an insane family's crazy house. They hoarded things and decorated weirdly but it was fun!

Hello Envie! Welcome to The Founders Legacy Challenge Thank you for all of your lovely compliments, I hope you do give the legacy a try and find it as fufilling and fun as i have so far. I hope to see your story/pictures and what not posted on here too for us all to see! Speaking of 'envie' im super envious that you are getting a custom built computer tailored for sims 3! That would be so lovely!! Lol.

In regards to your suggestion, I really appreciated it, i love hearing suggestions. I considered it, but figured a trait wouldn't really fit so well as a 'challenge' exactly. Especially when people would probably use a positive trait to help advance easier- Which is the opposite of a mini challenge really. However i didn't exactly rule out your great suggestion and i found out a way to put a spin on one of my original ideas and to incorporate your idea into it as well.

See post 2 on the first page of this thread under " New Trait".While my previous rule for that challenge had been that every sim who wanted the option to select any trait that they wanted would have to go through trials to do so. Now i have changed the rules to make it a one time type challenge. Once one sim completes it, all other sims born into the legacy are able to pick any trait they wish ( besides genius which will still have to be earned by each sim who wishes to have it. ) So you could pick your insane trait for every sim if you wished to do so, but you have to get one sim to complete the rather difficult challenge first. Read the post if you are confused.

I have also made small changes to the point category " Skillful " So check that out too. Basically i put a cap on how many sims are able to earn those points vs before letting as many as possible earn it. Now only one sim per generation is able to earn the point for maxing out every skill. This way not everyone will feel so obligated and frantic to make every sim have maxed out skills. It takes away a lot of the fun when it was done like that, so i figured it had to be changed.

In other words i have read all of these fabulous stories! Unfortunately I need to go and eat my dinner so i dont have time to reply to them all just yet. I will be back in a few to reply to you all in greater detail. I love them all though! Keep em coming!
Field Researcher
#29 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 4:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome and that's awesome you integrated the ability to pass a trait each time with the one time challenge. I'm already looking forward to this legacy challenge (and just being able to play Sims again in general haha). Yes its very cool of hubby to build me a system that will be tailored specifically to the processing demands of TS3. He likes to play sometimes too and we'll be working on a CAW project together.

I'm enjoying everyone's stories as they play out with this legacy and it gives me lots of ideas for mine. Good job with all the details, much more interesting than standard legacy challenges.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 9:12 AM Last edited by HiddenGoddess1 : 14th Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM.
Ladyofzeworld.- Another update from the lives of Neo and Mint! Love those two already, Can't get enough of them...er...except maybe Neo. LOl. I think i have seen enough of him for a lifetime, and by that i mean the shower scene. Has he no shame!! haha. Too funny. Gotta love poverty.
Glad Mint finally told Neo. Maybe he should rethink his doctor career, she looked VERY pregnant, even i would have guessed long ago. Poor delusional Neo. He seems a little stuck on having a son too. Uh-oh if i were Mint i would be worried! Excited to find out what they are having!

In answer to your question i plan to upload my story either tonight or tomorrow! I've been too busy playing it and testing things out, but your right, I ought to get it up! And to your other question, I hate adding house extensions because well....it just bores the pants offa me. I don't know what it is. Doing shapes with walls just gets to me after awhile, And it's so time consuming. Just not my cup of tea. Guess we all have our things. Im surprised building is your favorite part of sims! Mine would have to be having sim babies and watching the family lines grow and grow and seeing genetics do it's magic. It's the best.

pissonu- Glad you are inspired to take on the challenge!! It's very rewarding ( in my opinion ) to be able to tackle the cheating urge, and see your family grow and prosper from hard work alone. You sound a lot like my sister. She is a constant kaching and motherlode user, she wants all of her sims to be princesses I gather. But where is the fun in that. After while it's just boring. They can have anything they want whenever they want it, no skill, no work, just enter a code and bam. No wonder rich people often go crazy huh? Anyway i hope you love the challenge, and hope you feel the urge to post your story for us all to see! Enjoy your sims suffering!! Lol.

- Will continue my replys on new post shortly -
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 14th Oct 2010 at 10:09 AM
Amaira- Glad you could join us!! I agree with you about the ' pretty sims = ugly offspring thing ' Which is why i make 1 pretty sim and 1 average looking one now. I think it has to do with the fact that two gorgeous sims are often very unique looking, with their features suiting and going with every feature on their faces as a whole. But when they have an offspring it takes some features from one unique sim and some from the other and slaps them on the offspring, some features just do not compliment each other. The kids end up looking like tigger has mentioned...monkeys...or worse even. lol.

Ooh you chose the freedom mini challenge, haven't seen that chosen yet. It's one of the only ones i probably won't try myself. Not because its impossible or hard but because i must control all of my sims, even if they are only insignificant non-heir children. I just can not relinquish my control! I always have my free will completely off!
Amaira's beautiful! Love her eyes and her hair color! Artistic sims are the best aren't they? The lot is beautiful, is that a waterfall coming down I see? Nice!
Cute that they are playing tag in the mornings to pass the long empty hours, lol. Amaira is pointing at Adrians butt! I think she is showing more then an interest in him! Hahaa.
I don't think you were blabbing at all, i thought your story was awesome so far. Your not the only one who got into it! Looking forward to reading more and seeing how they progress!

KirstieBunny-

Glad you have been enjoying the challenge! So awesome of you to come here and post your story! Your already pretty far in, great job! Fun mini challenge combo you have chosen too!

Glad to see you remembered that the founders are Generation 0. I was a tad worried that people would be confused by that because of the old legacy challenge starting at Generation 1 right off the bat. Was worried people would end up finishing the challenge a generation too short!
Gotta love the name Don too. Lol.
I love the way you are documenting it. It's great to see it in review form like this. He achieved a pretty awesome amount of lifetime points- your doing awesome! Great picture of the wedding day- i got a kick out of the sprinkler watering the money tree while they were saying their little sim vows of love.
Only one suggestion- you should post up a photo of the house in aerial view, so we can see what the house looks like every generation and how it grows and such.
Looking forward to seeing Daemon and seeing what he achieves for the legacy household!

Tigger-
Hooray for Alisha getting her lifetime want!! I don't think i have ever achieved that one before myself, so congrats to you!

Poor Alexander feeling so inadequate, at least he got a vacation out of it while Alisha has to stay home with the youngest twins. pffft. Unfair! Glad to hear they are finished with learning their toddler skills. Have they finished reading all of the skill books though? Hooray for Al Simhara and photography! Better have them get a camera while they are there, so that whichever heir you do end up picking can snap a picture of Alisha and Alexander in elder age to earn one of the ' Photography points '!
Silly Ben. Snakes are so much cooler then crocodiles. He should have mentioned that Carrie could become a snake charmer in Al Simhara, i bet there would have been no further arguement, because that is just plain cool!

Envie42-
Your very very welcome!! Im looking forward to seeing how you enjoy the challenge and hopefully reading your story or seeing pictures, when will your computer be done again? Ok now im just REALLY envious of you. I have always dreamed for my hubs to play the sims alongside me. He played it for like 10 minutes a year ago, his sims all died and he decided he didn't like it because it was too hard. Seriously? Lol.
Do you know what the specs for your sims computer are going to be? Not meaning to be nosey, but i don't even know what's good and i have always wanted to see about getting one built for me, but i wouldn't even really know what to ask for to get optimal sims performance.

I would love to work on my own CAW project. But I made 2 toddler shirts for the first time the other day. Even THAT was pushing my limits. I'm not good with technical things, and i hear CAW is tough and quite tedious, it takes some a couple weeks to months even to complete one. I admire the perserverance it must take to complete such a thing. My patience would run out with something like that and i would probably get frustrated and smash my computer or something. It would be fun to complete it with someone though, and slowly plugg away at it. I myself am too hooked on creating and playing challenges! Let me know how your CAW project goes, im interested in seeing how the process unfolds.

Everyone
I just gotta say to all of you how much I love how you are all making such amazing storylines out of basic legacy pictures! Your all so awesome! I actually have to pose my sims to even get a decent idea for a story in my head. I have tried to follow them around snapping pictures as they go about daily life events, but i guess im not creative enough with writing stories to think up a decent story to go with the pictures. Maybe it'll come to me one day. But probably not... You guys are fabulous!
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Oct 2010 at 6:44 PM
KirstieBunny your generation 0 has such a sweet story. I gotta admit I have always loved the name Daemon for a male kid. It's just a really pretty name, or handsome if you'd rather . I agree with HiddenGoddess about your giving us all this info -->
Quote:
97 Days Total
170097 Lifetime points
Master of the Arts Achievement
Rock Star (Top of the Musician Career)

It is a good idea.

Tigger do you have some secret? I have tried to get the perfect garden tons of times but have never managed. I got the perfect aquarium once but never the perfect garden. I can never seem to find a flame fruit seed T_T. Also I feel your pain with the twins thing, my sims just had twins. I think Amaira was watching the cartoon channel behind my back. I should keep a better eye on that one...

Thanks for the compliment on Amaira, HiddenGoddess, I had fun making her. The lot is the one in ummm... gah totally blanking on the name of the town, it is the default one for the base game, anywhoots it is the lot that is way off to the side and right by that fishing lake with the waterfall. Sometimes it's annoying with the camera since it is pretty much surrounded by cliffs. It isn't the biggest but I ended up using a cheat to get therir money to 3800 because I have some unhealthy obsession with moving sims to that lot. As for the pic where Amaira is pointing at Adrian's butt that was totally not on purpose. I didn't even notice she was doing that till I uploaded the pic. That's one of my favorite things about playing though, sims can be such goofballs sometimes.

I did have a quick questions too, we don't have to take our sims on vacations correct? I was just wondering because with my generation 0 I have mainly concentrated on just getting the house I want built and getting them a good financial base and stuff for their future generations. I didn't read anything about vacations being a necessary for all generations but I just wanted to make sure so I don't break any rules
Instructor
#33 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amaira
Tigger do you have some secret? I have tried to get the perfect garden tons of times but have never managed. I got the perfect aquarium once but never the perfect garden. I can never seem to find a flame fruit seed T_T.

You don't need one of every plant to get that LTW. You only need to get 8 perfect plants. In fact, this legacy I'm missing the life fruit plant so far. It's not a huge deal, since I don't eat life fruit or ambrosia when I play, but I'd like to have some laying around for opportunities, fertilizer, or any other random use I might need them for.
It's still pretty tough to raise the plants to perfect quality, especially for the first generation starting from normal quality. I usually have a small garden where I get rid of each plant after it's been harvested once, and immediately plant a higher quality version of it. I also use fertilizer to speed up the process, for grapes and plants of uncommon quality and above.

The vacation is going slowly, because I'm determined to get every ounce of productivity out of it, and, if possible, get Alexander to visa level 3 to start purchasing property. I'm going to post an update once I've finished the vacation.
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Oct 2010 at 7:10 PM
Quote:
I usually have a small garden where I get rid of each plant after it's been harvested once, and immediately plant a higher quality version of it. I also use fertilizer to speed up the process, for grapes and plants of uncommon quality and above.

That's a great idea Tigger thanks for the tip Looking forward to hearing how the older twins and Alexander got along on their vacation.

For several days Adrain's and Amaira's concentration was centered around work and the desire to have a stable amount of money in their bank. With Amaira always working on her books and Adrian working on getting a raise at the police office things were crazy for a while.

As they grew more and more steady things slowed down and they were able to spend more time just hanging out together. With that came romance and it wasn't long before Adrian was asking Amaira to be his.

They each began to have their own hobbies and make new friends. Even Amaira found someone who truly appreciated and understood her unique sense of humor.

Adrian soon got the raise he had so hoped for and his hard work really started paying off. Raises seemed to come on a regular basis and the neighborhood respected and liked him. Whenever he questioned people they were more then willing to respond. This, of course, had it's downsides also. Some sims liked to share everything including such things as eating their waffles and then suddenly being horrified to discover they were burnt on the bottom.

With Adrian's raise and several of Amaira's books being best sellers they decided that it was time to become official. They had a beautiful wedding in their backyard with their closest friends. Everyone agreed it was a night to remember.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 12:05 AM
Default ******Important ********
Hi guys.

It's me the original creator of this challenge. I'm aware that the mainpage states that 'hiddengoddess1' is the main creator and also I am VERY aware of the current state of our thread.
Over half of the rules are missing. I have been MIA the past couple of days because i have been trying to get everything fixed and send proof that i was who i said i was.

A mod unknowingly merged my account with the account of my sister, they weren't aware of our current situation, and then the thread got deleted accidently. Now the mod and I are trying to recover everything and fix up the thread, but it could take some time. So I ask you all to be patient in the meantime with this mess of a thread, and just continue your challenges as normal and posting your stories on here and what not. ( Don't worry they will not be deleted, ever. lol )
If you guys need the rules to continue your challenges there is a link in my siggy that will take you to the rules. Sorry for all this hassle, it's the only way I can do it. I can't get the rules on the homepage for now. So sorry guys!! Eventually it'll all be fixed up as it was.

PS: I have tried to message you guys but you seem to have your privacy/options settings set to not allow PM'S from other members.
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 12:42 AM
Amaira-

It was actually me who wrote to you last, not hiddengoddess, under my old account by this same name. ( I had to create a new one while i wait for the mod to seperate my sister and I's account once again. ) Long story, but see above for the gist of it.

I agree sims are bigtime goofballs. I always wonder what crazy thing they are going to do next! I would have an unhealthy obsession to that lot too, its beautiful, I wouldn't have guessed it was sunset valley!
No you do not need to go on Vacations. That rule is for people --( like me, lol ) who go on vacations every chance they can so that they can get rich or have completely skilled sims with ease. My sister hates taking vacations and she would be pretty upset if I made the challenge rules with vacations being mandatory. The only thing that IS mandatory is that you can not take more then the max allowed amount per age stage.

I feel your pain with the gardening thing. I haven't been able to achieve that either so far. I always find flame fruit seeds though!! You should buy that ' collection helper' reward, and go for the seeds in far off places, they are usually the rare seeds. Thats the only advice i can really give you for that. Im an excellent seed hunter. Lol.

Lovely new update!!
I LOVE those table chairs!! Do you remember where you got them? They are too awesome for words! Looks like Amaira and Adrian are doing really well. The lot is acquiring many more possessions!
Love Amaira's wedding dress-Gorgeous. Her and Adrian are so cute together! The waffle comment made me laugh. Haha. Really enjoying your legacy. Can't wait for your next update!

Tigger-

Haha, your like me. My vacations take forever. I want them to be super worthwhile so i make sure i don't miss a second of it. Takes up many seconds in my life thats for sure! As hard as i try though, i still am never able to get one of my sims to a level 3 visa on the first trip, even with the prepared traveller reward. I've gotten to 98% one time. THAT was really aggravating.
Can't wait to hear your update and see how productive the trip was!

Ugh im really wanting to post my story, but with the mod going to be fixing up my account I really don't know whats going to happen to this one, since I may get my old 'TheFoundersLegacy' back. Not that i mind since it had the caps in the right places. lol.
Instructor
#37 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thefounderslegacy
PS: I have tried to message you guys but you seem to have your privacy/options settings set to not allow PM'S from other members.

I can receive PMs. :\

Well that wasn't as productive of a vacation as I'd hoped. I was driving myself crazy trying to make money with two sims while my third ran in pursuit of visa points, and I finally gave up. I can come back in a later generation and powergame a sim to visa level 3, as long as I start them off as teens(two vacations at that life stage should make visa level 3, no matter what, and I'll have more cash to burn later on). I ended up using Alexander to make money while Carrie and Ben had fun. And just a note about my vacations: I don't like the idea of using vacations as "free" time to grind skills. It seems like cheating to me. That's why you'll never see me earning the genius trait for my sim children, since maxing more than 1 skill plus having an A in school is impossible without using vacation time. That's not to say I don't skill while on vacation, but I use awesomemod's skill modifiers. "Vacation skills"(I think that's martial arts, photography and nectar making, possibly athletics and fishing as well...not sure...) are set to a normal rate, while every other skill advances at a reduced rate(I think I have it set to either 1/3 or 1/5 normal advancement). I'm not really sure how I feel about going on vacation and using the time to write lots of novels, sculpt, or paint. I haven't done so yet, but what are some of your opinions on that? Cheaty, or perfectly acceptable since I'm paying for the free time?

Well, on with the story:

As soon as they arrived in Al Simhara, Carrie knew that there would be a problem. Ben flatly refused to sleep in the tents in the base camp. The insects were too loud, it was too hot during the day, too cold during the night...the complaints just went on and on. Alexander, down to his last ounce of patience, told Ben that he was sleeping in the tent and that was final, then went off to explore a tomb a local had mentioned. Ben, angry, rode off on his bike to fish. Carrie went shopping. She purchased some storage containers and incense to bring back home, some books, a family-size tent, and a camera. She then sat down in the marketplace to study one of the books she'd purchased, "Photography Vol. 1: Taking off the Lens Cap".

That night, Ben came back to the market for a bite to eat. Sunburned and discouraged by his long day outdoors, he was happy to get a roof over his head and something to eat. He saw Carrie at a table and approached her, and she showed him the surprise she'd set up. Knowing her twin's discomfort, she had obtained permission to pitch their tent in an empty storage facility in one corner of the marketplace. Ben was overjoyed that he wouldn't have to spend the night outdoors after all, and they settled in to sleep in anticipation of another long day.

The rest of the vacation went smoothly. Ben didn't achieve his goal of becoming an Accredited Adventurer, but he was awarded visa level 2(Endorsed Explorer) in Egypt. Many tombs were raided, some artifacts were found, and the family funds totaled just over 22,000 simoleons - plenty of money to afford to build cabins for the younger twins. Ben hadn't enjoyed the trip as much as he'd hoped, but he had enjoyed learning more about fishing in a foreign environment, and had caught many crocodiles and frogs. Carrie, on the other hand, had spent some time learning to play the flute and charm snakes(not all that different from her guitar, when it comes down to it), as well as studying chess with shopkeepers on their breaks. Ben advanced to fishing level 8, while Carrie raised her logic skill halfway to level 6.
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 3:47 PM
Sorry you are having all those issues thefounderslegacy. I'm glad it is all getting sorted out though. At least the problem is figured out and what not. I'll be excited to see your sims stories also. Thank you for all the compliments :D. The dining table and chairs I got at SoulSims It should be like halfway down on the first page. I am an anti-paysite advocate so it is all free.

Quote:
I'm not really sure how I feel about going on vacation and using the time to write lots of novels, sculpt, or paint. I haven't done so yet, but what are some of your opinions on that? Cheaty, or perfectly acceptable since I'm paying for the free time?

I say it depends on your sim. I am guessing that if your sim is a writer or artist that they love and are passionate about what they do so in my opinion it would be totally realistic that they would be inspired to paint/write while on vacation. I know whenever I go on vacations I always take at least my sketch book and a writers journal. I really don't believe it would be cheaty at all.

I'll post another update later when I have some extra time. Still in the wake up stage of my morning >.<
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 6:48 PM
Good Mornin'

Amaira - Thanks a bunch. Yeah I hope it's going to get sorted out soon too. HP said it could take awhile due to the fact that it's so messed up, so another Admins help may be needed. Owell. No point crying over spilled milk. I'm probably going to post my story. I posted it last night on my site-the one with the rules. So all i have to do is pretty much copy and paste it over here. Even if i do lose this account it won't be a big deal to replace my story.
You deserve those compliments! But your welcome. I look forward to coming on here and reading the stories, gets me out of bed in the mornings. Lol.
Thanks for the link too!!! I try to be anti paysite But my greed for fancy things consumes me and i get caught up in it all. That's awesome that you are able to do that. I think i am getting better though. I used to pay for every site i went to when i saw something I had to have. Now I only pay for only that sims resource site. I'm still bad i know hahaha
Can't wait to see your update later on!

Tigger-
That's super weird that you can recieve PM's. Because I did try to msg you, along with 4 others. I tried to send a group msg, and it said it failed because users could not receive msg's. Maybe it did that because the other people I was trying to send it to had their privacy settings set to not allow it? Who knows. Maybe my account is just doomed. I got frustrated after that and gave up with the msging.

Sorry to hear your vacation wasnt productive enough for your liking. I hate that feeling. You feel unsettled and slightly depressed like you could have done so much better. However reading your post you did make it out of there with 22,000. That isn't so bad, i think you did pretty darn well!

I say it's totally acceptable to make money from hobbies. Mostly because if you are doing this challenge, pretty much everyone else is going to be grinding skills on vacations and using profitable hobbies to gain more cash. So essentially if you don't do these things your the only one who isn't and your going to come up behind.
At least if you do them, you are doing what everyone else is doing and you are doing the same challenge all around. I don't know if that makes much sense to you, but in my opinion it's not cheating at all.
I agree that it was kind of like cheating when vacations were unlimited. When i was following pinstars old legacy rules, or lack thereof, there was nothing in those rules about vacations. So i took them every 2 days. Eventually i had lvl 3 visas everywhere and i was taking super long vacations every second day. THAT is cheating. At least there is a cap on the amount of vacations your sim is allowed to take per age stage, and you know everyone else in the challenge isn't exceeding that cap and overskilling and getting rich. Everyone else can only do what you can do.

If you don't want to skill on vacations you can still earn your genius trait- you could get super lucky and roll it! I have to say though, it's rather admirable that you don't go skill crazy once you arrive on vacation. I do. Lol.

Funny that Ben was the one who wanted to go to Egypt in the first place. Had he listened to Carrie he could have slept on a cushy bed inside a lush hotel in Paris and not a tent swarmed by insects! Sounds like Carrie actually enjoyed her time there more then Ben. She certainly shopped a lot- and she didn't even want to go there!! Lol. That was an unexpected twist. Ben and Carrie are doing awesome with their skill building too! Great update!
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 7:22 PM
Here is my story. I created 2 founders, don't worry. One is just in hiding for a bit, for story purposes.

My Mini Challenges:
Prestige 40 points
Photoholic-15
Pack rats- 15
Legacy in reality- 10 points
Haunted house-10 points
Unlively Lifefruit.-5
Matriarchy- 5
Total=100

Part One

December 31.

"Move in day "

Well, I have to say, i am truly impressed with this town, much better then the area i lived before.
Sunset Valley is gorgeous. This neighbourhood is littered with stunning mansions.
How could i have been so lucky to have found a home in a place of such high caliber and for only 14,700 simoleons. Simply unheard of I tell you.
http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-844.jpg?w=500

" Welcome to your new home Mrs. Alpha, ma'am. " Spoke the cab driver.
" It's Ms. and please, call me Abela. " I shuddered. Mrs. Alpha is my mothers name. I do not want to be her. I stepped out of the cab and onto my lot...

Wait a minute...this can't be right? No way!

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-858.jpg?w=500

I grabbed out the paper and stared at the ad once more.
Sigh, guess i should have read the fine print....

Unique 1 bedroom home " A real Gem "

Stunning lot, with lots of land, big investment, fabulous for a lovely starter home or a home to grow with your family throughout the generations. Situated on lush grounds with a majestic sweeping view of the ocean.
All for only 14,700.

* Literally a 1 room home.

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-855.jpg?w=500

Damn realtors! 'Literally a one room home.' You got that right! The only way this room could be considered a bedroom is if i was some kind of slob who liked sleeping in tubs. It has the shower and ( dirty! ) toilet already installed, so how is it even legal to advertise it as bedroom? Ugh. Seriously, people have no morals these days.

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-870.jpg?w=500

I shouldn't have come here, what was i thinking?!

I surveyed my new life. Or lack thereof. My DISASTER of a life was more like it. Funny I left because of a man, and now all i can do is wish he was here.
http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-861.jpg?w=500

At least the moving company brought all my stuff...And they just tossed it everywhere it seems.. however at least nothing seems to be missing or damaged, as far as i can see.

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-875.jpg?w=500

All of the boxes and furniture were scattered throughout the lot, I began to feel... overwhelmed. I hate to admit it, i'm usually such an optimist, but I really want to give up right here and now. How am i even supposed to move that stove in the middle of my lot?! This was all just too much.

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-866.jpg?w=500

I thought of him again.
The man that i am here because of. The sole reason for me being stuck in this crazy mess.
Funny how i came here to forget him, yet he seems to be on my mind more and more, forgetting seems to be the one thing I can't do. Maybe I can't really run away from my problems. Maybe...I should just call him, one quick little call couldn't hurt.
http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-872.jpg?w=500
Could it?
I'm really grasping at loose straws, aren't I?- Even i know I am, geez I just don't know what's wrong with me these days. I'm pathetic.

Well there is only one cure for what I'm feeling. I need to keep busy. Luckily, judging from the mess on my lot, that really shouldnt be a problem. It's new years eve, and I really don't want to be spending it loafing around feeling sorry for myself. When life hands you lemons, make some good old fashioned lemonade. And when life hands you new years eve, make some good old fashioned resolutions.

http://thefounderslegacy.files.word...t-877.jpg?w=500

So Resolutions i shall make. My first resolution will be to... keep out of trouble this year. That means staying away from Zain Zero. Even if it kills me...

...which it just might.
Test Subject
#41 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 8:36 PM Last edited by Amaira : 18th Oct 2010 at 7:34 PM.
The Founders Legacy, that was a totally awesome beginning. I can't wait to here more about your sim. I love her facial features too. It is just the right amount of pretty and cute . Also all the books and stuff are a great touch.

As far as the paysite thing goes I'm not gonna think less of you cause of it :P. I got lucky and after some searching actually found an anti-paysite forum where one of the members was kind enough to compile an extensive list of trusted free CC sites. I have gotten tons and tons of amazing stuff off them. To be honest without that list I would have bought stuff by now despite chastising myself for doing so. If your interested here is the thread with the list Free Sites It really is worth checking out.

Edit: I had another question too. For the Freedom challenge are we allowed to take the sims to the salon when they age up and just have them do a make-over or would that be cheating? Also when they are teens can we have them pick a part-time job or not? I mean I know we can't tell them to do anything but I wasn't sure if those were exceptions or not.
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 10:46 PM
Thanks Amaira!! I agree she is totally pretty and cute all at the same time. I have written out the next 2 updates. Just gotta fix them up and add pictures and then get them up. Things are gonna get crazy! I love writing actual stories for my legacy sims, but it is a lot more work.
I have another secondary legacy family im playing when i get bored of things with my main legacy, i may upload a basic 'whats been going on in the legacy lot ' type story one of these days. But for now im just going to work on my main one.

As for your question regarding the freedom challenge. If you play as one of your other sims and offer to give them a makeover it doesn't count toward the commands that they use. However if you are playing as them and you select 'get makeover or makeover self', that does count as using up a command since they are doing it themselves. They can have part time jobs it will just use up the one command a day that you are able to use. Remember you only need to do this for any non-heir children in the household.

Haha. Yeah it's hard to say no sometimes. It would be nice though to have super nice stuff without paying a dime! Im going to check out that site and let you know what I think!!

Got an update coming later on today for you! Looking forward to seeing yours as well.
Test Subject
#43 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:54 AM
After the wedding ceremony Amaira and Adrians life returned to the daily grind. Their careers were taking off. Amaira had more 8 best sellers out and Adrian was one promotion away from reaching the top of the forensics career, his lifetime dream. Despite all this joy Amaira begin to feel that something was missing. Though what exactly she wasn't quite sure. It took an unexpected event to push her to realize what it was...

They were robbed. The burglar even had the guts to walk right into their bedroom! Adrain quickly attacked and soon after one of his fellow cops came to perform the arrest. Amaira was having none of it though. Being in her undies in front of two male strangers, one of which was a criminal, was not her idea of a good time. So deciding surrender was the better part of valor she retreated full blast down the hall. As she was fleeing it suddenly hit her what had been missing.

That night Adrian and Amaira had a long talk before bed. She explained to him how she wanted a child. Adrian countered with concerns of finances among other things. Children were not on his top list of must haves. However after several hours of talk it was agreed that they would no longer play it safe and if through the risky woohoos they had a child then that would be that. Though Adrian clearly still wasn't 100% sold Amaira had a feeling if it did happen he would come around fairly quickly.

A few days before Adrian had his birthday Amaira became pregnant. Amaira thought it would be a matter of the baby coming that would change Adrian's mind but she was wrong. It didn't even take that long. When he was home she could barely walk two steps without running into him while he was suddenly trying to talk to, touch, or listen to her belly. Amaira couldn't wait for the baby to be born. Not only from excitement of seeing her child but also from the prospect of not having Adrian seemingly attached to her belly.

NOTE: Something is wrong with my game. I have dissapearing sim syndrome. My stories are a bit behind my actual game... anyways I tried to take them on vacation and when I get there there are no simmies not even the UI so all I can do is scroll around China and adjust the game speed. Tried everything nothing has worked so I think corrupt save file. I'm hoping it is just an issue with vacations that will be resolved. Till then though, no vacations for me I hope this won't affect the challenge to horribly.
Test Subject
#44 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 2:54 PM
Continuation of the first part of my story.
It's slightly rushed and perhaps slightly boring. But it's all for a good reason. The next part coming up either tmw or the following day is going to bring about much drama!

Part One-Point Five. 1.5 -Continued from Part 1

December 31- Couple of hours later

"Creating a clean slate"

My home...If you can call it that, is finally in tip top shape. Or as good of shape that its ever going to be in anyway.
With projects as big as these ones it's best to start in one small area, commit to it and work your way through it until its done.
Focus is what it's all about. Pure, undiluted focus.

First I set out to unpack, I started with putting away all of my books. Gee, I never knew i had so many. 2 boxes full of them! Wow, remind me to declutter and donate the majority of them one of these days.

After I had finished arranging my massive book collection in utmost perfect order, i set to work on unpacking all the other boxes.

Starting with my computer chair. It was tightly wedged in the box, gave me a bit of a struggle, but eventually i pulled it out....to think i almost paid the movers a great amount extra to unpack the heavy stuff for me. It wasn't so hard when i put my mind to it. Or my strength into it more like it. I was glad to have saved the extra money, things were tight for me right now.

Then I moved my computer to its new home on my desk. It really was an old junkheap. But we live in a techie age, and a girls gotta have a computer, no matter how old school it is.

After that i fitted my bed with the new bedding i had recieved as a ....christmas gift.... To tell you the truth, this bedding set nearly didn't survive the move. Because I just about threw it all out while I was packing- right before i left my old town....
Yes you guessed it. The set was a gift from Zain.

I couldn't bring myself to part with them though. Not because i care about Zain, but purely because
that would be tragically wasteful. The new bedding does look gorgeous, but it will always serve as a constant reminder of what I did.

Maybe that's a good thing though. I do deserve some kind of punishment for what it was that I did...

So then came the real grit and grime portion of my day. Cleaning up all the mess on this lot. I couldn't believe how piggish the previous owners of this lot must have been. I mean, it's not like they even had a house to maintain. Every single appliance left behind was covered in filth! Ick! How is that even possible? Seriously!

I spent an hour alone scrubbing down JUST the counters, and it wasn't like there were even that many of them to begin with.

I even found this dirty rotten plate in the cabinets, covered in what was possibly year old food. Sick really, I'm surprised there are no cockroaches scurrying about....unless there are and I have yet to spot them.
I shuddered at the thought. I would be SO out of here. One glimpse of one of those and I'm seriously calling this adventure of mine one big loss.

If you think that was revolting though, you should have seen what lay inside the fridge. Im not even going to dare mention it. Just know, it was not pretty. I deserve an award for the things i have seen and then cleaned with my bare hands.

I disposed of the disgusting travesty from the fridge straight away.

There was however a light at the end of the tunnel and I did finally reach it. Even if it took me nearly the entire day.
I had only one last thing left to do.
Recycle the ad that led me to this huge nightmare. I did not want ANY reminders of this huge mistake lingering about. If this was a mistake that is, i havent fully decided what my opinion of my current situation is quite yet.

After all was said and done, I began to paint. Finally some fun, in an otherwise horrible day.
Painting was my great escape. Everyone has one you know. Painting means everything to me. My mother used to tell me i was born with a paintbrush in my hand and an easel up my butt...and that it was too bad that i hadn't taken to something worthwhile, like chess or something.
Ok so not the nicest memory, but it proves my point. Art and I, we just go together. After only a mere 5 minutes of painting all of my doubts, and all of my fears just seemed to vanish away within the canvas.

Im definitly keeping busy so far. Keeping my mind off of Zain that is. Resolutions aren't all that hard.
You just have to get going with them and stop procrastinating. Your the only one who can really fufill
your own resolutions, no point diddly dawdling if your really only hurting yourself by doing so.

Suddenly before I knew it the canvas i had been painting was complete and was full of the image that was once in my mind. I stored it in one of the empty boxes and put away for safekeeping. I guess Im a slight packrat with my paintings. I just can't bring myself to throw them out, and really what else am I supposed to do with them?

I got to work on another painting, painting the exact same lizard creature. What can i say? I like to perfect my paintings before i move on to the next subject. - I guess I can't really call it work though. More like an obsession that i have to keep doing over and over again. As soon as one is done i feel compelled to begin another, Eventually though my wrist began to cramp and i was forced to quit.

Seeing as how i am utterly poor, painting was pretty much the only thing i really had to do- entertainment wise...So I stood in my lot for a full 5 minutes, just getting to know it, admiring the good points and cursing at all the bad. Believe me there was a lot of bad points. I did some more light chores while I was at it. Can't let this place go to roaches as it had been before. Got to keep up on it.

This whole past month and especially today has been a rather dreadful experience that i don't hope to repeat ever again in my lifetime. It's totally ruined the experience of moving for me, I doubt i'll ever move again.
As much as i hate my new 'home.' I do have to admit that the location is priceless. The ocean is so close, and it DOES have the majestic view that was promised.
At least the realtor came through on one thing. Once I get a house built, this place will be great. I could see myself staying here for the rest of my days.

Only thing is, i have no idea how to build a house in the first place, and i certainly dont have the funds to hire anyone to take care of that little problem for me.

But no worries. I'm not going to concern myself with such issues right now. Ill cross that bridge when i get to it. I can live outside for awhile It's no biggie. It'll be just like camping!
Im sure that's fun, people love camping, so im sure i would too.

Eventually I grew tired of staring out at the beautiful view, i began to feel it...The lonliness. Pangs of what it felt like to be kissed and embraced by Zain suddenly struck me with a sudden force. I knew it was wrong, I knew i was a horrible sim for even entertaining such an idea, but i couldn't help it.

I longed to speak to him, even just one more time. An empty sickness grew in my stomach ( Part of which i'm sure was hunger ) and I realized i needed to get out of the house before i did something i was going to regret.

Besides not only is it still New Years Eve. It's also dinnertime too.
Im hungry, Im young and i deserve to have some fun!
Test Subject
#45 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 3:23 PM
Amaira.

Such a fabulous update. I had so much fun reading it!!! Loved the way she decided she was ready to be a momma! Kind of gave her an awakening did it? Life is too short to waste kind of thing. Maybe the robbery was the best thing that ever happened to them!

Your so lucky you caught the blasted robber. I never catch them, they always make a stealthy getaway and usually with the households most expensive item in possession. Lol. Love how Amaira is running down the hall. I probably would have done the same, had i been in a thong, lol.

Thats cute how excited Adrian is about the pregnancy. Wanting to give attention and dote on her belly whenever he see's it. Do you have a risky woohoo mod installed? I was wanting to install one of those. How many times did you have to risky woo-hoo before you got pregnant? Assuming you have it of course.

UGH I hate the vanishing sim act. I nearly lost my beloved Abela. And i lost one of my most precious- non-legacy- familys before her due to it. Mine never happen during vacations, or when i arrive to them. They occur when i return home. After i have saved of course and exited the game. When i go to load it up the next morning, all my save files are missing ( I usually save 1 town several times at different points just incase ) except for maybe 1 or 2, which are both corrupted and are missing a sim or sometimes 2. In the case of Abela, she was completely gone, she wasn't on the panel, couldnt see her motives just nothing, all i could see was her thought bubble and plumbbob. So I reset her, did nothing.
Luckily I have the mastercontroller mod, so i took her into cas and selected her from the save folder. ( I saved her when i created her ) Luckily, it fixed her, she didn't lose her skills or relationships, only thing that she lost was everything in her inventory. Which wasn't much anyway.
So sorry you are having this happen to you. EA really needs to buckle down and fix all of these glitches in their games, its nuts. I can hardly play a week without something going wrong and having to spend my entire day searching for a fix.

I still go on vacations. I back up my entire game before i go though. It takes two hours, so i don't vacation much either. Lol. Rather be safe then sorry though. Im pretty sure many people arent vacationing a whole lot in this game, so im sure it won't affect your challenge much. Just do the best you can do without vacations until some sort of patch comes out for it.

Tigger- How are you doing on your challenge? Looking forward to an update from you! Hopefully you didnt encounter the vanishing sim act!
Test Subject
#46 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 4:24 PM Last edited by Amaira : 19th Oct 2010 at 7:58 PM.
You are an awesome story teller Founders Legacy Challenge. I like how you made a point to say that moving had been ruined for her. That way she has a reason to never move from that lot. Really nice way to tie up a possible loose end. I'm really curious for the next part cause I'm dying to know what's the deal with Zain. At first I thought Zain was the one that was at fault but now I'm thinking she did something? Or perhaps it was both of them? Anyways can't wait to find out! You seem to have experience with the simmie story telling. Have you written others and are they on a site? I would love to read them if they are. I'm a major story lover.

I have Twallan's woohoo mod installed with the risky woohoo set to 10% chance. It took me like a dozen or so times of them doing it but it wouldn't take that long if I had adjusted it to 50% or something. I just wanted to kind of make it more realistic, although closer to 50% probably would have been pretty realistic too *shrug*.

I got lucky till this time. I had minimal glitches in my game and I was able to fix all of them fairly easily. Usually it was a matter of going through some CC and figuring out what was glitchy... no such luck here. Now I have a new problem. Something is going on with my aging. I kinda noticed something suspicious with Amaira because all of a sudden she was like 11 sim days younger then Adrain but I just kinda thought ok... maybe I just didn't notice before. Now I know that wasn't the case because one of my twins is magically three days younger then the other now. Not cool. With the twins I'll just throw a party on the b-day of the one who ages up first. With other sims I will just have to try and keep track of what their original age up day was supposed to be *sigh*
Mad Poster
#47 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 7:59 PM
Default Carly Mason
Thank you for the feedback to my first post! I will start taking shots of the house from an aerial view for future generations, I thought that was a great idea.

I just lost my second founding sim, here is her story.

Carly Mason
Mason Family Generation 0

109 Days Total
230000 Lifetime points
The Perfect Garden Achievement
Emperor of Evil (Criminal Evil Career Track)

Mastered Logic, Cooking, Gardening, Athletic, Charisma

Carly was an idealistic teenager. She didn’t have any family with her parents having passed away at an early age. She wasn’t going to let herself be caught up in the ‘system’ either.

When she saw an add for a roommate on a big lot in the hills, she knew she could put her green thumb to work and make due.

Juggling school and gardening wasn’t so hard once Don, her roommate, finally put up some walls on the house. Sleeping under the stars was only fun for so long.

When she hit her birthday leading to adulthood, Carly felt pretty good. She had a lovely garden to support her and friends to celebrate with.

Things started getting a little more intimate with her roommate Don. Soon they had ditched the double beds for a queen and marriage followed quickly.

She and Don had a child late in life, but they took raising him seriously. She stayed home and helped with his homework and taught him as much as she could.

Marrying an older man had never seemed like a problem before, until one day Don died during his afternoon nap. Carly was heartbroken and inconsolable.

Carly suddenly started making a recovery from her loss. She took up some of Don’s old hobbies like painting and martial arts.

She even went on a holiday with Daemon and learned to cook the local delicacies.

But deep down Carly was utterly broken. She was acting out in secret, joining in with the criminal element in town.

At her son’s birthday, she had a bit too much nectar and started woohoo’ing with the mail man.

It got even worse as at Daemon’s wedding, she had a little private ceremony of her own with said mail man.

The mail man stumbled across Carly’s horde of gems and artwork in the attic. Some were legit but some had come from her nefarious dealings. She couldn’t let him tell anyone about her nighttime activities so she locked him in with only the very basics.

The starvation finally got to the mail man but the grim reaper got distracted by the dirty surroundings and wouldn’t take him to his grave.

Carly then tried to have him fix a ‘sabotaged’ TV since she knew the mail man had absolutely no skills.

Once again the grim reaper came but just laughed off the mail man’s unfortunate event.

After a fight one night in the Mason house, the mail man was unceremoniously kicked out of the house and never heard from again.

Carly went back to focusing on training Daemon and working on her hobbies.

When her time came, there were no second chances. As she thought back of all the ups and downs of her life, the loss of Don still seemed to be the most striking thing of all her days. She was happy to know she’d see him again soon on the other side.

Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 2:37 PM
Hi guys!

I was going to post a new update to my story. However i have had BIGTIME problems with my game yesterday. Everytime i would load the family it would crash. This happened just after i finally built them a nice house. Took me all day but it seems to be working ok again. Had to delete all my custom content and try each one again one by one to see if that was the problem. Which im sure it was. Either that or the fan in my computer is going. However once i deleted some cc it seemed to work for the better. Sad to see im not the only one having all of these issues with sims 3. It's really starting to frustrate me.

Amaira-
You are too kind!! I have written a story before. However i never got around to posting it. Just did it for fun because i enjoy it so much. If i make another story for enjoyment i will surely let you know so that you can check it out! Glad you enjoyed it, makes it all worthwhile for me! As for Zain you are going to have to wait and see Heh heh. I will have it up later on tonight!

I had that weird aging thing happen. Hasn't happened yet for me with this family. I used to have it happen all the time. I figured out that it would only happen when i would use the mirror. Then it seemed to 'reset' whichever sim i took to the mirrors age. Wonder if that's what doing it for you. It's not too bad of a thing at least mostly very annoying. Just try to keep track of the ages.

Make a weekly mental note that every sunday that comes around is another week, and once you hit the three week mark you need to age up y.a or your adult sims. Daily mental notes are too confusing, i've tried to remember it like that and ended up losing my place and forgetting how many days were left. 20 Days left till my sim needs to age then 19 then 18 and so on. Get's confusing after awhile, lol.

I want that woohoo mod! Actually if you research stats suppposedly there is like a 15-25% chance of getting pregnant each month in real life. So your woohoo settings arent far off. 50 percent is pretty unrealistic. I'd like 10 or 15 myself. Especially since simmies dont have to keep trying for months. A month is a day to them. They'd be getting pregnant WAY too easily for my liking. haha.

I hope to see an update for you later today! Looking forward to Amaira and Adrians little arrival!!

Kirstiebunny-
What a great update!! The house has grown soooo much from what it was. They have done really well for themselves ( with a little help from you im sure ) I loved all the pictures.

Carly did SO well in her life. Great lifetime happiness points. She got to have a really nice long life too. Did you actually create her as a teenager? I never actually thought of doing that, even though my rules state create 2 sims no ages implied, doesnt matter what the ages are i guess, so long as they wed and produce the next generation. I may create another legacy family and try out different starting ages. Could be really fun and open up so many different playing styles and storylines! Thanks for opening my eyes to that!
I wonder if its almost MORE challenging to start with a teen and a y.a due to the fact that the teen can't have much of a career to help bring steady income flow. Not to mention school/curfews and homework taking up much of the time. I've got to try it out for sure.

Love the stereo always nearby carly whenever she is doing some skilling or making money with a hobby. Lol! I do that same thing. I have got stereos everywhere. Got to love the moodlets they give off. Especially if they are upgraded!
Love the massive collection of stuff you have got going. Didn't know you could stack those tanks! good to know. I've been keeping everything in inventorys so far. It would be fun to have them out on display though.

Glad to see Carly found love...at least for a little while, until she led the mailman to his demise...tell me did the mailman in question happen to have a name by any chance? LOL. Love how she took a turn for the worst after Don. Carly's pretty awesome, i like her spunk and her rubber ducky plant, lmao!

Your story has really amused me Im looking forward to Daemons death so i can read his story! How bad does that sound?
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 4:21 AM
Here to post my update. Warning its long, but there was a lot to cover!

Amaira- Haven't heard from you yet! Can't wait to see an update from you, i hope you enjoy my update too!!

Part 2

December 31- Much later on...

' Alone '

When I arrived at the beach, i was surprised to see it was vacant, not even one soul in sight. Great this is just what i need, to be alone some more... sigh. I should have gone to a local bar or club or something. That's probably where the crowds flock to on new years eve. I mean who comes to the beach today of all days? Except for losers like me. People just want to party party party nowadays. Maybe it's for the best that i came here, alone, That party thing just isn't my style.

I relaxed on a lounge chair and watched the waves lap up against the sand. I was soothed for the first time all day.

This is what i really love anyway. Peace and quiet is the way to go. Surrounded by all of natures beauty. There's nothing like it. I do wish i had brought my easel. This view would have made a lovely painting, maybe even a masterpiece.

An hour passed by, i felt every second of that hour. Maybe isolation wasn't as welcome anymore in my life as it used to be. Not when i am trying to escape the one thing that being alone brings on... Memories.

The worst part about being all by myself? Is being left alone... with my own thoughts when I don't particularly want to think.
I couldn't stop the thoughts from coming no matter how hard i tried to resist them. I couldn't stop from remembering the past. What I had done to her...

She was my best friend, Penny....although she really was more like a sister then a best friend. Some didn't understand how the two of us got along so well. We were so different. But we just did.
She was beautiful, but troubled. Many didn't know why but i did.

She had a hard upbringing. A bad toddlerhood/childhood/teenagehood every kind of hood possible, she had it.

Of course i just had to swoop in and make her life that much harder didnt I? I got up and poured myself some wine that i had brought with me for my New Years Celebration. I had brought with me four glasses...since i had thought there would be someone here to share it with. I filled them all anyway, for myself. I was going to need them all.

I took a big swig, trying to drown out the feelings of guilt. Though i knew...nothing could ever take away this kind of guilt.

Everything that had happened in that one tiny moment had changed my life forever. The events flashed before my eyes.

About a month ago...

"How do i look? I mean do i look stupid? I do don't I?..." Penny asked nervously

"I think his Jaw is going to drop when he see's you Pen."

"Really?... hmm, i guess your right i do look pretty dope."

" Penny you look so far beyond 'dope' you look like a fairy princess. You are gorgeous " I said sincerely.

* Giggles * " You are just sayin' that because your my maid of honor!"

" No Pen, Im saying that because its the truth, you look beautiful. Really Penny. You do. "

She enveloped me in a tight hug. I could nearly feel her heart racing in anticipation of the coming events.

" Your just the best Abi, the best maid of honor, friend and sister of my soul. I love you to death and back.
I seriously can't believe something this amazing is finally happening for me. I am truly the luckiest girl in the world...."

The voices faded in the depths of my mind as if i was listening to the radio and a song was getting dimmer and dimmer as it came to a close.

I finished off my first glass of wine and poured myself another one without hesitation.

I felt my eyes brimming with tears, but i fought them back.

Another flashback hit me hard, making my heart ache for a re-do of the past.

Penny walked into her sumptuous honeymoon suite looking for her groom.

" Zain baby, are you here the guests would lik-.....Zain?!...Oh my god. Abi...what are you DOING!"

" PENNY! " Both Zain and Abela yelled at the same time. They moved away from each other in an instant, but it was too late. They had already been seen.

"How could you. Abi, HOW COULD YOU! You are the only family i have ever known. I trusted you...I loved you. I loved you both. how could you guys do this to me? "
" Penny..." Started Zain
" Penny im so sorry please...please j-just let me explain- "Abela spoke quickly interrupting Zain

" LET YOU EXPLAIN! Let you explain what exactly? How you couldn't wait to sneak off into my honeymoon suit with my groom. How you probably used me all along to get to him. Is that why you were so excited to be maid of honor, so you could get closer to him? Your DISGUSTING. I HATE YOU!"

Penny fought back the tears, luckily she was nearly too angry to shed any in the first place. She spoke again, slower this time, but not calmer. More like she came to a harsh realization and was confirming it with herself out loud.

" The only two people i had in this world. The only two people that I loved did this to me. Everyone I love steps all over me. Why do i even bother trying to love, why do i even bother trying to be happy? "

" Penny, please, im sorry. It won't happen again, If you would just listen..." Zain said nervously trying to spit out the appropriate words.

" YOU " Penny lashed out, suddenly aware of Zain again.

" Your damn right it won't happen again Zain. You two deserve each other. I never want to see you again. On our wedding day and with my best friend? How could you do this to me. Your the most cruel and evil person i have ever met. "

She slapped Zain as hard as she could and turned to run out the door.

"PENNY WAIT. Let me explain. PENNY!!" Abela yelled after her distraught.
" Abela, just...just let her go. Its done. " Zain spoke softly while grabbing Abela's arm to stop her from running out after penny.

"Zain let me go. LET ME GO!" Abela screamed fighting Zain off of her.

She ran out the door as fast as she could. Desperate to make this wrong thing right.

Penny wouldn't listen to Abela's screams. She was running on pure adreneline and before Abela knew it she was out of sight.

It was too little, too late. There was no telling where Penny would go, or what she would do. Even if Penny had stopped and talked it out, Abela knew deep down she could never be forgiven, not for something like this. She has ruined the life of someone she truly cared about. There is no coming back from something like that.

Reality took hold once again.
The memories getting dimmer as I pulled myself out of the fog. My heart was pounding in my chest, I could barely inhale. The memories were so fresh and so vivid.
You tell me what kind of a person does that to someone they love, on their wedding day no less?
Ill tell you who. Scum. That's what I was, thats what i AM. I paced around, feeling a bit too antsy so i headed back for some more wine.

I downed another glass of wine, it burned my throat as it trickled down. The bottle had said it was the kind of wine that would really warm you up if you were feeling cold. Guess that was quite literal.

When there was only one glass left I decided i really needed to get home.

I had to get away from the wine.
I had to get away from this beach.
I had to get away from my thoughts.
Being here with nothing to distract me was inducing all of these memories. I needed to get out now, before worse memories came. I don't want to remember the rest.

I fled the beach with a sense of urgency. Thinking that if i could just get home i would be free of all of the pain, the shame and the self loathing.

It took a moment for me to realize I was actually sweating and hyperventilating. Remind me to never leave myself alone with my thoughts and to never come to a deserted place again. I was grateful though that nobody else was at the beach to witness my rather public downfall.

But Abela was wrong.... The beach wasn't deserted and she wasn't the only one there after all. Someone had been watching her.

Abela
.... he whispered into the wind.

Test Subject
#50 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 3:24 PM Last edited by Amaira : 25th Oct 2010 at 3:31 PM.
I gotta agree with Founders Legacy. I can't wait for Daemon to die so I can read his story I love the whole drama with the mailman that was a pretty hilarious touch. Poor guy must not have been the smartest tool in the shed if he didn't get the hint he wasn't wanted sooner. I think I would have figured that after I was locked up in a room O.o

Founders Legacy your update was really awesome. I love the story you've developed here. I've been wondering how you get them to always do the right poses for the story. Even when I do decide there is a specific way I want my sims to look I can never seem to get them to behave :P. Can't wait to here more about what was going on between Zain and Abela. That was pretty messed up of them, on her wedding day no less! Wonder what their excuse was.

The babies finally came. Two beautiful little girls, Melinda and Briar. Despite the unexpectedness of having twins with no fertility treatment or any other kind of egging on Amaira and Adrian were thrilled, if a bit overwhelmed for a while. The construction on the upstairs part of their dream home was hurried along. Until the upstairs bedrooms could be completed the twins would have to sleep in their parents rooms. Amaira, Adrian, say hello to insomnia.

It seemed just as they were getting a rhythm going for taking care of the babies the girls birthdays came. With the toddler stage came all new joyous and challenging things to experience. Amaira knew she was lucky to have Adrian. Despite loving his work so much he set it aside when he got home to spend time with his daughters and help Amaira teach them so they would grow up the best they could be.

When daddy went back to work the girls played. Amaira discovered all over again the wonders of a toy box and the girls had no complaints. Having a mommy who wanted to sit on the floor and play too seemed like a pretty sweet set-up to them. During this time Amaira's books took a bit of a back-seat. Luckily Adrian got his promotion to the top of his forensics career and money flowed in securely. With the promotion came the completion of the upstairs bedrooms. Just in time too. The girls birthdays were coming up and Amaira and Adrian wanted them to be able to have a room separate from their parents.

Melinda and Briar's birthday came and it was a blast. Adrian and Amaira's parties seemed to have become a highlight in there friends lives. Adrians old police partner was still talking about the wedding party. This one wouldn't be forgotten any time soon either, unfortunately it wasn't for only good things.

An old friend of the families passed on in the middle of the girl's party (rude much). This brought unwelcome events to the party including the grim reaper. Everyone had heard of the grim reaper and no one much liked him. Little did they know not only was he a stealer of loved ones but he was also a major party crasher. The dark being decided to stick around for far too long and went around telling various inappropriate jokes. Despite that the party still was called epic by all who attended. Some even claimed the excitement of the grim reaper coming made them feel alive. At those Adrian and Amaira just gave each other a look basically saying if we have such odd ball friends what does that make us?

Melinda was now a child. She loved the outdoors like her momma and was a workaholic like her dad. She also had another trait which the idiotic narrator of this story is unable to remember at this time. The simverse must have been feeling generous also. Melinda also showed genius. She picked up on everything quickly and easily.

Briar was much more active then her sister. She was already showing a love for working out and swimming. Her closeness to her father brought a love for computers which meant if she wasn't out running about she was planted in front of the computer screen. Adrian and Amaira thought they must have done something right because Briar also had a natural tendency towards being good. She behaved, cheered others up, and donated any money she earned through chores or bake sales to charity.

How will the girls grow as children? Will the death at their birthday have left some permanent mark or will they barely remember it? How will they handle the challenges of school? Will they be able to keep As and grow to well rounded teens? Tune in next time to find out! (When did this turn into a bad tv show? )
Page 2 of 5