Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 1:11 AM
Default Floor mirror question
I cloned the cheaper of the EA floor mirrors. I removed the stand part of it and moved the framed mirror part so that it sits on the floor. It comes into the game with areas of the mirror part that aren't mirror texture (see picture below).

I've looked around and haven't found a mirror that goes on the floor (and is actually on the floor and not hovering above it on a stand) to use as a model for how this should be done anywhere in Simland.

Does anyone have any idea about how to make it so that the mirror part of a floor mirror can be altered to allow the creation of a mirror that sits on the floor? Or has anyone seen a user-made mirror like this that I could download to see how someone else was able to accomplish it?

If not, does anyone have an idea of a better clone to use for the purpose?...I've tried a painting and a wall mirror besides the floor mirror so far.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 2:40 AM
The modern floor mirror:

... is that what you're trying to do? Not sure if I understand...

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Banned
#3 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 3:08 AM
There's a mirror in-game that goes on the floor. It's supposed to go against the wall, but it goes right on the floor..
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:09 AM
That mirror is too thin and will have the same issue at the sides instead of at the bottom I think. Also, I want to make a mirror that is tilted to lean against the wall (sorry, I think my picture didn't show that feature very well) not be straight up and down. I should have specified that in my post above.

I'm not sure, but I think part of the issue I'm having with the reflection is because of the tilt? I'm wondering if there is some way to keep the tilt without losing part of the reflection. The strange thing is, the reflective portion changes shape as you move around the mirror in-game...it doesn't look nice
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:55 AM
Not sure if this is of any help but i did create some mirrors for the sims 2 and those had joints(cres file).
By rotating the joints in the Cres file the whole mirror rotated keeping the desired reflection in any angle.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:49 PM Last edited by orangemittens : 16th Feb 2010 at 12:24 AM.
Thanks for replies all. Base, Cres was what I changed in Sims 2 to change slot height. But what you're talking about makes intuitive sense to me even though I know of no way to test the theory.

If this is what it's gonna take to get a tilted floor mirror I think I might be out of luck...at least for now unless someone knows of any way to change the joints (rotate them appropriately) for an object in Sims 3.

Sigh...and I have to add...the ads here at this site show gorgeous floor mirrors of the kind I would like to make...it's making me crazy! Not the ad being there...but that it's showing this lovely thing that I can't duplicate for the game.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:38 AM
I don't know about Sims 3 yet, but in Sims 2 if you wanted a floor mirror what leans against the wall, you needed to change the reflection as well.
Make it tilt so it fits the frame, don't no if this will help you.

You can find more of my stuff here: http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:44 AM
Thank you for the help Dee. I'll look in S3PE and see if I can find anything that looks similar.