Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:42 PM
Default Compatibility
I'm sorry if i posted this under wrong section but this is really bothering me.
Does anyone knows if i make item with WA and HELS installed on my comp will it work with only base game installed??

VISIT MY NEW SITE hudy777DeSign
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:15 PM
If I had to guess I would say no. Both WA and HELS I think have EP flags.

Eta: Maybe not. S3OC allows you to untick the EP's when cloning. Maybe if you untick those EP's it will be base game compatible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:18 PM
Is it possible if i clone base game object which i guess doesn't have EP flag or all objects gets EP flag as soon as EP is installed??

Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:30 AM
Does this untick EP's also deal with patches? (My guess is that it does not)

If not, you should still mention which patch you're using as, it seems, some people with only the base game aren't patched all the way up. Those people still wouldn't be able to use the objects made by creators who are patched all the way through WA-time even if the clone was from the base game and had the EP thing unticked.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#5 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:11 AM
No not for patches. Game compatibility wise, I believe all patches are fairly equal for each game. Except for I suppose the one with recolorable fences/stairs.

The flag I believe is set in the cloned object based on what EP's you allow in s3oc, not what you have installed.
Alchemist
#6 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:50 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by, "Game compatibility wise, I believe all patches are fairly equal for each game..."

My experience has been that since about late October or early November you need the same patch installed as the creator has in order to see any objects that creator has made in your game. It isn't just a matter of which game you have installed as far as I've been able to tell from what's happenin' in my game.

Is this not true?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:00 AM
Patches added an additional file that is read by the game and by s3oc, which I think was the deltabuild. If your game doesn't have this then the cc object does not show up.
Alchemist
#8 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:24 AM
Yes, but my question is regarding this:

"Game compatibility wise, I believe all patches are fairly equal for each game..."

It sounds like from what you're saying that meshes made rely on the patch installed as well as the EP thingy ticked off.

So, game compatibility-wise is a first issue...a second issue of equal importance is what patch the creator has installed...right?

So just because you only have the original game installed if you have WA patches people who are only patched through the original game aren't going to be able to use your objects.

Or can't people who have only the original game use WA patches? I wouldn't know because I've only patched my WA game version. My original version remains unpatched due to time considerations...heh.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:18 AM Last edited by hudy777 : 18th Feb 2010 at 8:32 AM.
I made a little test, I installed both WA and HELS on my brother's computer and made new sofa, then i put it in my game on computer with only base game installed and it worked.

Another interesting thing is that on my bro's computer game is patched to 1.9 (auto patch for HELS) base game patch and mine is to 1.8 base game patch

For sofa i cloned Catharti-Couch which is base game object

In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:23 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 18th Feb 2010 at 5:39 PM.
I think the boundary might be at patch 1.5 (when WA was released) or 1.8.
I installed HL's Little crib and cmo's modern clock on a 1.0 game and it doesn't show up in the catalog. They showed up in a game on 1.7 version. I believe both were made on games with 1.8 or later patches (I can't recall my notes ATM...)

Might be interesting to see if another boundary exist at 1.9 (when HEL was released) and if I can install stuff made on games with 1.9 or later in a game lower than 1.9 or 1.5?

Same goes for Lots - tried Lots made with 1.8 and above on a 1.0 game - get the "You need to update game to the latest ..bla bla" error in Launcher.

So, in addition to base-to-EP and/or base-to-SP compatibility as is SOP since TS2, we now need to check for patch version compatibility within each game pack itself like 1.4 vs 1.8 or 2.0 vs 2.5.

But then again, my testing is not yet completed nor by any means can be declared as conclusive.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:11 AM
I believe the best way to check this is see whether any of the deltabuild files contain parts of the object one wants to clone. If they don't, they never changed since 1.0; if they do, one would have to either hide that deltabuild from S3OC or it'll only work with the patch it's from.

HL's crib is made from mine which is made from 1.8.25 files; HL has 1.6 I believe. I guess this means that the crib ingredients have been updated between 1.0 and 1.6 but not between 1.6 and 1.8.25.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:43 PM
I don't think the majority of the meshers know of the existence of the deltabuilds, PB.
Most of us would just - open s3oc, clone, S3PE stuff...etc.

Thanks for clearing up the version numbers, that totally make sense.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#13 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
I don't think the majority of the meshers know of the existence of the deltabuilds

Maybe they should know, if they don't want to resort to guessing. See also HL's posts, #5 and #7.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.