Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 12:35 PM
Default Bunch of Questions 2
So I got some new questions. If someone knows even one of these I'd be happy to know and thanks

1: Can normalmaps be used with Accessories? Do they need any changing with codes or mesh's comments or anything, so I can make bumbmaps work with accessory mesh, or is it as simple as with clothing?

2. When editing some cloth mesh of sims, making some parts longer or anything, Can I also change some boneassigments? Like changing some weights of vertices to bit different and so on, or are the boneassigments must to be exactly same without edits?

3. What is the easiest way to split the seams when it gives the error of "you must split the seams.." (before exporting) I usually select all the vertices that I need to be unwelded with texture coordinate editor. But is there simple way? or better way?

4. How, or can I, zoom closer to the uvmap in Milkshape's texture coordinate editor? It's getting annoying when I can't see close enough to the vertices which are too close to other vertices.

5. Why everytime I try to make Mask with four color regions and save it as DXT1 ARGB 4bpp | 1 bit alph it looks all wrong when I reopen it in my graphic program. Or load it for the mesh in CTU. (I attached pic if this isn't understandable with my explanation )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:26 PM
1. Yes, you can use bumpmaps, but you might have to change the mesh comments... try looking at the goth bracelet, that (I think) already has a normalmap.

2. You can change the bone assignments, yep - in fact it may be the simplest thing you can do, no other hoops to jump through, just alter them in MS3D and then save/export as usual .

3. I do that, but with a UVMapping program which highlights said vertices in red (RoadKill). I also occasionally go "screw this for a game of soldiers!" and unweld ALL THE THINGS.

4. I don't have MS3D on this machine but there's a box - underneath the controls. It's called something unintuitive like "Scale".

5. I suggest not using DXT1 - go for DXT3 or 5. I don't entirely understand the compression stuff, but I just try different formats till it works.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 2:32 PM
1, like whiterider said and import a custommap
2, yep
3, it depends if the part is correctly uvmapped.
If the parts are UVmapped seperate but the mesh has welded boneassignements then use the model cleaner from the tools menu(click no in the first popup, then ok)
It will divide the meshparts with the uvmap as reference.
But there are parts that need to be remapped(like when you create a sphere in Milkshape)
4, select the area on the uvmap you want to zoom in then click ''fit selection'')
5, masktextures for a 4 colored outfit(or accesoire) is saved in DXT5interpolatedalpha
a 3 colored outfit masktexture is saved as DXT1noalpha
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:51 PM
Alright! Thanks Whiterider and Bloom, makes me happy you guys find always time to help