Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:46 AM
Default What can we learn from animals? Especially from Tigers
Hello there, I am a multimedia student and i've been tasked to create a viral video about animal protection and it should focus on the Tigers. My teacher and i have agreed on a concept which basically said ;
"There are a lot of things people can learn from animals"

However, i am stuck because i do not really know about "positive" traits/behaviours that Tigers have where we humans can learn from them.
One example that i am using is where the females "cared" & "cleaned" the young ones by licking them. But i have yet to find more.

I apologize if i am being a little vague but i really need some input , help or suggestions from everyone about what people can learn from these giant cats

Any inputs are really appreciated and Thank you very much for your time!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 6:41 AM
Independence and self-sufficiency - as they are fairly solitary animals.

Maternal instinct - as there are stories of tigers mothering baby animals which would normally be their pray.

This doesn't really belong in the debate room. I bet a tiger would never post in the wrong place!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 10:57 AM
Vertical stripes look good on anyone.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 3:56 PM
respect nature. Disney movies are not documentaries.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#5 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:18 PM
things to learn from tigers:

1. Some species are extinct. They have lost a lot of land and territory due to hunting and trapping and are endangered.

2. Bengal tigers are the national animal of Bagladesh and India

3. Tigers have unique patterns unique to each animal.

4. Tigers can swim well!
Retired
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 4:29 PM
If you chop tigers into bits you can make a fortune selling it as "medicine" in the Asian market.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:08 PM
You need to read about them for a bit. Wikipedia says they like to share their dinner.
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#8 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:59 PM
This isn't really a debate, so I'm going to go ahead and move it into Off Topic.

Also, when I was 8, I wrote a letter to Bill Clinton expressing my concern over how endangered the Bengal tiger was. I'm not really sure what kind of jurisdiction I thought the president had over animals on other continents, but he eventually wrote back and it was probably the coolest thing that ever happened to me in third grade.

This was probably not a helpful fact for your video.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Scholar
#9 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:48 PM
I've taken the liberty of writing up a first draft for you based on what I've learned about tigers from this topic.

"Tigers have great Internet etiquette, also they like babies. They like their own babies, which many animals in fact do, but in fact they also factually like the babies or other species, such as babies that are not tigers. Jasmin's tiger from 'Aladdin' was a tiger, but not all tigers are the tigers from 'Aladdin'. They are respectful animals. Remember the old adage 'treat others the way you'd like to be treated' this also applies to tigers! Tigers are top athlete swimmers, a tiger could beat even three Michael Phelps, but you shouldn't chop them up you wouldn't want a tiger to chop you up now WOULD YOU?. Also, wikipedia has information on which I have heretofore gleaned about tigers from it. There should be tigerpedia, amirite? And also, I heard that this one guy wrote a letter about tigers to the president. He was quoted as saying that 'It was probably the coolest thing that ever happened to (him) in third grade.' The president was Clinton. He was the 42nd president and was born as William Jefferson Blythe III on August 19, 1946. He served from 1993 to 2001, although that has nothing to do with tigers. Tigers have fashionable stripes, and the colors alternate. Some tigers are orange, yet others are white. The stripes that aren't orange or white on any given tiger are very dark brown to black. Tigers sure are colorful! Tigers are large- larger than people and they eat meat. People also eat meat. But tigers eat more meat. Tigers eat a lot of meat. I hope you have learned from the tigers and my writing on the tigers in my tiger report about the tigers and in the way that people can learn from tigers in that tigers eat the meat that people eat. I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it. The end, Goodnight and Good luck, peace be with you, go with Christ, bon voyage, bon appétitt, the end again. I want an a+ plz thank u."

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 1:49 AM
Although your essay does contain a lot factual content demonstrating that you have sound research skills it does not focus on the main question of what humans can learn from tigers. Good effort.

Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:03 AM
Stripes look good with anything.. except plaid...

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 12:17 AM
Tigers kind of scare me....

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
things to learn from tigers:

Never walk alone in the jungle (even when you have a big gun).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:42 PM
Some folk wears face looking mask behind their head in order to fool tigers to think that they are never showing their back to the animals. Since people say that tiger usually attacks when the prey is facing their back to the tiger.

And if tiger attacks you, best thing to do is bite its nose.

So moral of the story? Gelis have been sick for whole weekend and is very bored.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#15 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
Stripes look good with anything.. except plaid...

I find this weird because plaid could be seen as intersecting and/or layered stripes of different colors.

Found this on the Wikipedia entry for tiger, you might can use its citation as a better source: Animal behaviourist Candy d'Sa, who worked with Animal Planet on the list, said: "We can relate to the tiger, as it is fierce and commanding on the outside, but noble and discerning on the inside".

In a possible change of directions, you might consider incorporating beloved tigers people already have an emotional bond with such as Tigger or Hobbes. As those are copyrighted characters though you would need to be very careful in what (if anything at all) you can do with them. (See if your use of them would be protected under the "Fair Use".)

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 9:26 PM
I would love to learn how to growl and purr the way they do.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
I would love to be a giant so I could have a tiger as my pet cat. Tigers are beautiful.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:49 PM
We must bow before Brain, for he controls the world! (He's a mouse, so that's an animal, right?)

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 11:20 PM
there's really not a whole lot we can learn from animals that we can't already learn from ourselves. There are animals with good behavior and bad behavior just like us. They fight just like we do, over something, to protect someone, or for self defense. They can take care of another species just like we can, and they can also kill another species for food source just like us. I won't go into all the similarities but when it comes down to it there aren't that many differences. But the animal kingdom has no type of law enforcement as we do so its a lot more mean spirited and violent. Eat or be eaten as they say.

is proud not to be a fracking idiot

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads