Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#626 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:27 AM
@emmyjulia Thanks! I think if I happen to need those recolours I can just download the lot and install only recolours using Clean Installer

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Advertisement
Instructor
#627 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:53 AM
@Voeille
You are welcome! And yes that's an other option. I thought you wanted them now
Scholar
#628 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 4:17 PM
@emmyjulia I probably won’t need them now when I play in a desert hood (Victorian wouldn’t fit there), but I might want them when I play in a more grassy hood (or a Strangetown subhood that will pretend to be a vacation destination)

These pictures are part of the plant fixes preview, but they’re small there as I joined pictures in groups of 3, and I like how that preview garden turned out, so here are larger pictures of it. Maxis plants do look nice

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#629 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 6:47 PM
You can do a lot with the EAxis plants. I like freeform planting too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#630 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 8:09 PM
@Voeille
Well the house is up for download now so you are free to choose
OMG I Love it! :lovestruc Now I want to build a mega super big garden. But that will have to wait to sunday when i come back to My computer again
Lab Assistant
#631 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 11:38 PM
This is the house where Frank Sloan, his wife Shanna, and their children Cyrus, Kailin, Olly, Teo, and Caoimhe live.

Call me Hannah
Instructor
#632 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 5:14 PM
So, I have started I new project (again - don't judge).
It was time for the Goth Family to upgrade their boring and not so fancy house!

I have only done the exterior and a little gardening so far but I think this will turn out pretty good. I like it for now.

The pictures are big so here you go, a spoiler.
Instructor
#633 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:31 PM
I am still going strong with this tread.. hahah!

Since I last finished my Goth project I decided it was time for something new. And big.
So I did. I started a new hood - (for my love for The Simpsons), and my remake of Springfield was born!
I haven't come far but I am on my way.

First, the Simpsons family (what else).
It is not perfect and I still need to fix some details, but I want to show it anyway.
Scholar
#634 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 6:46 PM

This courthouse has been revamped for more rigorous usage. The majority of the renovations are inside (and untested as yet) but the outside has been prepared for an expected media circus. (And I'm giving skyboxes a try! They're not for all lots, and don't seem to work at all well at high altitudes, but can give great atmosphere when they do work!)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#635 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:12 AM
So I've been preparing this lot for upload - furnished (this version) and unfurnished.

I went mad on the garden - I think what's really happening here is I'm trying to create the perfect herbaceous border

To win some imaginary garden competition perhaps. I like gardening in RL. I keep trying to perfect that too.

I guess I'm going to have to reduce that somewhat.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#636 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I went mad on the garden - I think what's really happening here is I'm trying to create the perfect herbaceous border...I guess I'm going to have to reduce that somewhat.

Oh I hope not! To me, you completely achieved it. It looks wonderful and perfect as it is.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#637 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:48 AM
Thanks Rose that's nice of you to say. It'd need perfect plants though. There are flowers piled on flowers there and no sim could look after that.

When I make gardens, I seem to drift off into another place altogether and really enjoy myself. I like gardening in RL but you never get all the flowers out at once like that.

Mad Poster
#638 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:21 PM
Perfect plants is a must in those cases, I still hesitate on downloading it. I love my sims having to trim and stuff. So I face that problem at times..or I just stop myself from adding more flowers and plants..and that sucks. lol.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#639 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 12:50 PM
As a garden maniac my sims would literately die taking care of everything.. for some reason I always seems to "over-do" it.

And I think it looks super cute maxon!
Helptato
#640 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:12 PM
Miami

A new 2 bed 2 bath home.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#641 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 2:20 AM Last edited by maxon : 18th Aug 2017 at 1:09 PM.
You know, I like modern builds, I really do.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Perfect plants is a must in those cases, I still hesitate on downloading it. I love my sims having to trim and stuff. So I face that problem at times..or I just stop myself from adding more flowers and plants..and that sucks. lol.

Really, you're better creating gardens like that for community lots - that way they don't fade and you don't have to struggle to keep on top of them. Maybe I should make some community lots and get my gardening fix that way.

Instructor
#642 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 8:37 AM
Oh nice sparklypotato!
Helptato
#643 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:28 PM
Georgia Newson's new residence, styled as a typical bungalow found in the UK.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#644 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 8:23 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 26th Oct 2017 at 4:25 PM.
I made two lake houses for my new neighborhood. I moved them off the road and I really love how they turned out. The both have a working beach and fishing spots and a garden full of collectibles by Sun & Moon's Star Factory.

EDIT: Lmao, I just noticed the levitating mailbox and trashcan in one of my pictures.
Link Ninja
#645 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 11:56 PM
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat these are so beautiful I can't even! I thought you were posting sims 3 pics in the sims 2 section bahhhhhh I'm in love with these pics. I wish I could smash the love button a 100 more times.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#646 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat these are so beautiful I can't even! I thought you were posting sims 3 pics in the sims 2 section bahhhhhh I'm in love with these pics. I wish I could smash the love button a 100 more times.

Thanks! That's so nice to hear. I'm slowly getting better at this open world thing, I think.
Lab Assistant
#647 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 1st Nov 2017 at 7:40 PM.
I build another lot! Maybe someone will find it familiar.

EDIT: Left side looked unfinished so I added more plants and windows.

Screenshots
Scholar
#648 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat
Maybe someone will find it familiar.

Is it... the farm from FarmVille 2? I've only played that game a few times, but it looks like the same white house with two dormers and a porch, and that pond on the right-hand side. If I remember correctly, there's also that trail that leads into a field on the opposite side of the road. That lot is pure amazing, though. I wish I had that kind of landscaping skills. (And one person must have been very jealous.)

Here's a thing I built a while back. It's the first landscaping I'm really happy with, so if you've already seen these pictures on Tumblr, it's just that I'm a little impressed that I've finally improved from the Lego flower garden look.

Can you tell I love 4t2 conversions?

This is a front yard pond I spent more than 2 hours arranging the flowers around.

The pictures are from build mode, so the fountains aren't on. Nobody lives in this house yet.
Lab Assistant
#649 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat : 12th Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TigerAnne
Is it... the farm from FarmVille 2? I've only played that game a few times, but it looks like the same white house with two dormers and a porch, and that pond on the right-hand side. If I remember correctly, there's also that trail that leads into a field on the opposite side of the road. That lot is pure amazing, though. I wish I had that kind of landscaping skills. (And one person must have been very jealous.)

It's Will Graham's home from the show Hannibal. But mayble they got inspired by a nice game house. I added the pond cause Will likes fishing, it's not there in the original. 1 2
Also thank you, glad you like it. :lovestruc

EDIT: I accidentally found the right deco so now the front porch finally looks how it's supposed to look:

Scholar
#650 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat
It's Will Graham's home from the show Hannibal. But mayble they got inspired by a nice game house.

More likely, the FarmVille house was inspired by the one in the show. Zynga (who makes FarmVille) is known to throw in all sorts of pop-culture referances.
Page 26 of 40