Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 5:42 AM
Files with no info, are they empty packages?
I read through the FAQs and all the threads here, and didn't see my issue. When I load my program, select a download folder to browse, and then sort it by type, I get the normal types (walls, floors, blah blah) and empty packages (those get removed) and then, I get files with no info at all, mostly ones with misc letters/numbers, no descriptions, no pictures, some are recognized by name like soinsos_mesh (and then no picture or description) but some are like 2bf201edf_cd304gh (randomly made that string up btw). How do you tell what they are and if they are even valid packages (if they are empty, let me know, I'll delete the hordes of them I have) For now I stuck them in a folder called Misc, since I can't identify them.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 5:56 AM
No, they are not necessarily empty, they are just missing a description. I think usually packages for whole sims are missing the description, for example. There might be some others that do it, too, for example hair meshes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2006 at 6:48 AM
Thanks! I figured they were valid files. Many I believe come from sims2packs when you use the standard package installer (default maxis one) and it breaks the parts down into tons of misc files.