Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 2:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife
Default Sims 2 CD and expansion DVD formats
My son bought me Freetime and Seasons expansion packs for my Sims 2. While installing these a tile popped up saying that it was a different format from the Sims 2 and could erase my saved games if installed. I installed it anyway and none of my custom content shows up, but the saved game was ok. Is it because I haven't installed any patches or is it because its a different format. Im just confused. Thanks in advanced for helping me understand this.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 9:49 AM
Format doesn't refer to CD/DVD - it refers to your savegames themselves. That message just lets you know that by installing EPs, you change the format of your save games; and if you ever uninstall the EPs, you won't be able to use your new format save games with just the basegame.

For CC not showing up after installing a new EP, see: Game Help:Getting Custom Content to Show Upwiki.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:54 PM
Thank you my wonderful whiterider. May you be blessed for your caring......hugs
I looked and looked for an answer for days before posting this here. I do have another question............should I apply all the patches for my games? I have been playing Sims 2 for 4 years now and have never even reached a full generation before something happening to make me uninstall and reinstall the games. Poor Mortimer and Dina never become grandparents because of problems. My son even bought me a gaming computer. Works a lot better, but something always happens. Maybe installing the patches would help. Ya think?
again hugs and thanks
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:13 PM
Yes, you should install the patches for all of your games. Patches fix bugs, sometimes critical bugs.

You shouldn't need to reinstall just to reset your neighborhoods. Here's a FAQ which explains the preferred technique:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...t_Neighborhoods

If you are experiencing corruption of your neighborhoods, you might want to check out this FAQ. It lists things that you should avoid:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption