Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#5251 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
How do you hang paintings and shelves at different heights? I keep seeing pictures of walls of shelving, but every time I try to recreate it I fail.

Click and drag the shelf/picture while it's hanging on the wall, and push it either up or down. Not all wall hangings are enabled for moving, though.
Advertisement
Scholar
#5252 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
So like, you know when you're planting something, there's an option to "Plant many"? Let's say I have 5 apple seeds, but only wanna plant 3. How do I unselect the plant thing after I'm done? The only way I've found is to open Build/Buy mode but that's annoying. This is so stupid, but I suppose that's what the thread is for.

I think that if you hit the delete key when you're done, it'll drop all the unused items back into inventory without actually deleting any of them. I think. I know that there's a really simple way of doing it, because I do it all the time without even thinking about it, so much so that I don't even know what it is I do. It's all muscle memory. Same as all the shift clicking and stuff. I can never remember exactly the combination, but I tend to be okay when I actually want to do it.

But yeah. I'm pretty sure it's the delete key. Like at least 80%

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Site Helper
#5253 Old 3rd Jan 2016 at 3:55 AM
I use the escape key. It's the same key I use when I've selected something out of buy mode, and don't want to place it. (Like when I'm buying dining chairs and have enough of them now.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#5254 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 11:52 PM
Will a tattoo artist spawn at a salon even if there is no tattoo chair?
Instructor
#5255 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 12:16 PM
If I install Sunlit Tides Gold. Mainly because of the sauna and massage table. Do I lose them if I uninstall the world itself? In general, are the items and clothes attached to the world. I know you can uninstall item.
Alchemist
#5256 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Will a tattoo artist spawn at a salon even if there is no tattoo chair?

Nope. I don't think a Stylist will either, if there's no styling station on the lot.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5257 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
If I install Sunlit Tides Gold. Mainly because of the sauna and massage table. Do I lose them if I uninstall the world itself? In general, are the items and clothes attached to the world. I know you can uninstall item.
I don't know the answer to your actual question, but if you are interested in the premium objects only you can download them separately by going to the premium content section of the Store. If you own a world with pc the object should be marked as owned and give you the blue download button.
There is also a trick that involves fiddling around in your browser with the Store ID numbers of objects in a store world, that allows separate download of individual items like hairs or furniture. I don't know much about it but if you search long enough in the Store thread at the official forum you might find the instructions or even the whole list for Sunlit Tides. It is not illegal to do this, as this trick will only work if you own the world, so you might even ask for the instructions in the forums.
Scholar
#5258 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 5:41 PM
Did EA start giving Barnacle Bay away for free? Is this an EA glitch?

1. Barnacle Bay is downloadable in my account at EA, but I've never purchased it.
2. I never ever considered buying it, because there was only ever one item in the world that I wanted (the rope fence).
3. It was never on my wishlist. I would never have spent 1900 points just to get that fence (no matter how badly I wanted it), let alone use real money (one has to actually purchase Barnacle Bay as a bundle).
4. I'm pretty sure it isn't a gift, because I was gifted a world once by Desiree101,
and in my purchase history, that world shows up as a gift with her name.
5. Barnacle Bay does not show up anywhere in my purchase history. (I've checked 4 different times now in the last 36 hours.)

Does anyone else's account show Barnacle Bay with an orange checkmark and a download button?

I'd be tickled to learn that the world was gifted to me, because I really wanted that rope fence.
But it's weird that it doesn't show up in the purchase history.

So anyway - I'm wondering if this is a glitch. :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5259 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Does anyone else's account show Barnacle Bay with an orange checkmark and a download button?

No- take it and run!

Must be a glitch- download it quickly!
dodgy builder
#5260 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:50 PM
I wouldn't even press download of Barnacle if it was for free. I could by the way click the button to get rid of the button.
Top Secret Researcher
#5261 Old 10th Jan 2016 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell

You won't loose the premium content if you uninstall but if IIRC once you purchase the world you will have a download available for any PC in that world without actually having to down load the whole thing.
Mad Poster
#5262 Old 11th Jan 2016 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
Did EA start giving Barnacle Bay away for free? Is this an EA glitch?

There was a promotion years ago through which those who advance ordered one of the limited edition EPs (forget which one now, maybe Pets or Seasons) by a certain date were supposed to get BB for free. No one who qualified received it. In its usual efficient way, EA corrected the mistake over a year later and many of us who didn't qualify in the first place got it as well.

You're only just getting it now? Or maybe you're only just noticing it -- not sure how long it was sitting there available for me to download it at the time before I saw it.
#5263 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 12:03 AM
How do I harvest for kelp? I keep picking what LOOKS like kelp underseas and it tells me that I harvested something, but nothing is ever added to my inventory.
Scholar
#5264 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There was a promotion years ago through which those who advance ordered one of the limited edition EPs (forget which one now, maybe Pets or Seasons) by a certain date were supposed to get BB for free. No one who qualified received it. In its usual efficient way, EA corrected the mistake over a year later and many of us who didn't qualify in the first place got it as well.

You're only just getting it now? Or maybe you're only just noticing it -- not sure how long it was sitting there available for me to download it at the time before I saw it.

Thank you! That makes sense. I probably wouldn't have noticed the button on the side.
I'd probably only looked at the world once or twice.

Now that EA is forcing us to go through ORIGIN to purchase points, I've been getting mine by clicking on the Bonus SimPoints button.
And you can only do that so many times on one page before it stops letting you. So I was trying out a lot of different pages
waiting for that button to show up. I must've eventually opened the Barnacle Bay page.

I'm glad I did. I now have that rope fence for any footbridge I might build in the future.
Of course, if I use it in an upload, it will only show up in members' downloads
who also have Barnacle Bay. So that pretty much renders it useless. I hear it's a very unpopular world.
Inventor
#5265 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:11 AM
Are there set times of the day when the game replenishes inactives motives or is it totally variable/random ? I'm curious because I'll use MC to change active sims and it seems inconsistent. For example , if I switch around to check out different sims at a club ( at say 10 PM) it seems all over the place , some are in reasonable shape and others are thrashed.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Scholar
#5266 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:41 PM
I created a family in CAS that I want in my neighborhood but I want them to be the rich family that are kind of a big deal, like the Goths or the Landgraabs, but I can't place them in the house I built for them because their default starting cash is something like $20,000 and the house costs like $115,000. How can I place them? I do have NRAAS Mastercontroller and Story Progression, but I couldn't find the right options last night to figure that out.
Instructor
#5267 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 6:45 PM
I created a family in CAS that I want in my neighborhood but I want them to be the rich family that are kind of a big deal, like the Goths or the Landgraabs, but I can't place them in the house I built for them because their default starting cash is something like $20,000 and the house costs like $115,000. How can I place them? I do have NRAAS Mastercontroller and Story Progression, but I couldn't find the right options last night to figure that out.

use "freerealestate true" in the cheat console.
Scholar
#5268 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 7:16 PM
Or isn't it also "familyfunds Familyname XXXXXX" where XXXXXX is the amount of money you want them to have?
Mad Poster
#5269 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:00 PM
"freerealestate" makes all housing free to move Sims into and deducts nothing from their funds.
"familyfunds" allows you to alter how much cash a family has but it will be deducted from when you purchase a home unless you have the afore mentioned cheat active as well.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#5270 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:11 PM

There are a few ways to do that...if they are in the bin waiting to move in:
You could move them into an empty lot then use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and type in motherlode which adds 50000 each time you use the cheat
A quicker way is to move them to an empty lot and: Click on your Sim>NRaas>Master Controller>Household>Family Funds

There are also settings available to adjust the household incomes for all sims in CAS
See How To Reset Household Funs Allocated In CAS
Instructor
#5271 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:45 PM
freerealestate - cheat lets you place families without using money, but it only work in Edit Town I think.
Forum Resident
#5272 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 2:22 AM
So my last sim on my lot passed away leaving behind his dog. I planned on moving in his dog with his daughter, but the social worker came and took the dog away before I moved the dog out. Is there any way I can get the dog back or is it lost?
Instructor
#5273 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 3:40 AM
It might be possible that the dog is at the adoption center. Try adopting a pet with the daughters family and checking.
Forum Resident
#5274 Old 16th Jan 2016 at 1:48 PM Last edited by lfria : 17th Jan 2016 at 12:29 AM.
Alright I'll take a look once I'm back from work today. Thanks!

Edit: Looks like the dog was put up for adoption through the animal shelter. So all is good!
Top Secret Researcher
#5275 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 5:37 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 29th Jan 2016 at 5:56 PM.
I have script error logs from Error Trap in my Sims 3 folder - is it OK to make a "Logs" folder for them? (Meanwhile I wonder what to do about a sim whose parent is a Sloppy Jalopy...)
Page 211 of 385