Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 2:25 AM
Default Patch 1.31
Gettin' ready for SHT...

-Post and view messages from your friends while playing, without having to leave or even pause the game.
-Find new friends and add them to your friends list.
-Access your Player Profile and Wall from the Options Menu
-Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!
-Achievements—view the badges you’ve earned for those you’ve completed, sort and view those you have yet to complete, and find new achievements, which will be introduced to your game regularly!
-Edit and view your Player Profile, including your avatar, My Story, and wall posts all about you!
-Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!
-You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser.
-When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:13 AM
"-When a Service NPC joins the family, their special service outfit is added to the wardrobe."
Doesn't that already happen?

"-You can now specify what outfit your Sim will wear to work by using a dresser."
Silly EA, that's what MasterController is for. Way to release new developments we've actually already had for ages.

"-Receive status updates from your friends about their game, and comment!"
Is this a feature or a punishment?

LOLOLWHAT:
"-Get all of the latest and exciting news from The Sims 3!"
Is this patch really so lightweight and halfassed that "Get spam advertisements from EA" counts as a feature?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Scholar
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:29 AM
I accidentally downloaded this patch on my Mac. This hideous looking blue elder sim kept popping up in the message corner. I forgot that long ago, I picked that beast as my account avatar one day when I was bored. It kept asking me to try out the new chat features and talk to all my friends who are also playing. That thing has to go.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:30 AM
patch notes: http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/2081359001

installing now... looks like I am gonna have to try to fix my account to test this :p
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
installing now... looks like I am gonna have to try to fix my account to test this :p

Taking one for the team?

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:46 AM
The choosing an outfit using a dresser sounds pretty good, I suppose.
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:48 AM
*sobs* *sobs twice*
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:55 AM
i got it....works fine for me...
Theorist
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:00 AM
~~sits back and waits for the screams to start~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:56 AM.
LOL. Yup, taking one for the team Testing the patch AND the social features. By the way... a reminder for anybody reading this who is considering patching:

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]Don't forget to disable your gameplay mods initially! [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Other CC may be affected too but less likely. Good advice on patching: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:TS3_Patching

I got my EA account sorted out, finally. Initial observations:

There's a "login" button on the main menu. That's good, in a way, because it means you don't HAVE to log in

There's also a new tab in Options for Online Settings. Has Privacy Settings, Privacy Policy, a logout button (presumably a login button if you're not logged in)... this is also good, because you can log out while playing if you want to be online sometimes but not ALL the time. Facebook and Twitter settings, Enable Notifications checkbox.

The privacy settings let you set whether your MyPage and Profile are visible to friends only, everybody or nobody. There are also facebook and twitter settings, but since I don't use those somebody else will have to test em

And there is a new option on the game ... menu with Profile, Achievements, Wall, Friends, News tabs. It is pretty much access to your MyPage at the EA site... but the achievements are new, of course. You can edit your profile text in-game but alas you cannot upload your current sim as an avvie (have to do that through the site). You can post memories on your Wall, and achievements will auto-post.

51 achievements you can get... and badges... are badges different from achievements? are achievements combinations of badges? I am confused

And I am regretting having accepted friend requests from dozens of random people at the EA site after a bout of posting there a few years ago *mass defriending* (If I defriended you don't be offended! )

I thought there was in-game chat, but no... just facebook-style status updates... have to go on using google chat like always.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:45 AM
LOL. Yup, taking one for the team

Oh here Sims God, accept our human sacrifice!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:58 AM
That is the smallest 'update' I think I've ever seen. They're just going to have to release another patch after SHT comes out and we tell them what all the bugs are (that they totally tested for before release...).

One question - I seem to remember a feature meant for SHT about getting to change your sim's makeup for each outfit, is that included here and not mentioned, or will I just have to add that to the pro list on possibly getting SHT?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:32 AM
i am patching npow when is showtime released??? not for a days right?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:49 AM
Think I'll wait a week or so before patching.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 5:52 AM
nevermind i ordered it on origin that will let me know when i can download it right?

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
One question - I seem to remember a feature meant for SHT about getting to change your sim's makeup for each outfit, is that included here and not mentioned, or will I just have to add that to the pro list on possibly getting SHT?

Yup! just checked, that is in there :D

Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
That is the smallest 'update' I think I've ever seen.

In terms of size, or what? All those social features make it fairly substantial IMO. The patch notes, btw, are clearly far from complete As usual.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:32 AM
Eh I can't update it because after it downloads and installs information about invalid file, Anyone else having that problem?
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rheariel
Eh I can't update it because after it downloads and installs information about invalid file, Anyone else having that problem?

Should probably have mentioned that we can talk about patch features here, but for bugs and errors and the like, you should head over to the Help forums Read this first though! http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g:Common_Errors (Hint: your error is in there.)
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:44 AM
Should probably have mentioned that we can talk about patch features here, but for bugs and errors and the like, you should head over to the Help forums Read this first though! http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g:Common_Errors (Hint: your error is in there.)

Thx, I'll try it
In the Arena
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:54 AM
Is this just an update to align the Social features with the website's MyPage updates/features? I'm so afraid there'll be another update with more "game bug fixes and further polish" next week. 'Cos updating wiki patch pages is no fun.
But I see Twallan has already been updating his mods - so guess the DeltaBuilds do contain whatever new fixes they deem to include.

Anyway, I've completed the Current pages' updates to have the lastest links for manual updates.
As usual, if there are any mistakes, post in the Talk pages (if you have a Wiki account) or PM me...
Inventor
#21 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:23 AM
Just installed the patch. I'm liking the look of these online settings so far. You can check or uncheck 'Keep Me Logged In' and 'Enable Online Notifications'.

I like how you can CHOOSE when you want to be online and use Simport. I was so worried you would be forced to be logged in the whole time you play.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
But I see Twallan has already been updating his mods - so guess the DeltaBuilds do contain whatever new fixes they deem to include.

Hmm... Not certain on the relationship you are implying.

The Core scripting I require is stored in the Gameplay.package, I don't actually use DeltaBuild packages for my work.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Retired
retired moderator
#23 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:45 AM
The CAW file on the CAW page is still the old version. Just a warning. I guess the Showtime CAW could be a few days away yet.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 9:47 AM
I've already read posts about it causing problems with skins and CC in CAS, has any one tested their CAS after patching?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 9:51 AM
So just a clarification, no apparent bug fixes, just the added social features?

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Page 1 of 6