Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:40 PM
My game is fine. I have one mod (less sleeping) and defult skins.

My Simblr: Here
Advertisement
Banned
#77 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:52 PM
So far no issues for me, I just loaded the game up to check it out and got dreaded "there is a software update available" message and since i'm living on the wild side nowdays i patched. So far all my CC and mods are working without a problem. Let's hope it stays that way.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 2:57 PM Last edited by rkalanu : 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by haricots

Me neither. No issues at all.

Oh, crap. So no one else is seeing this? It started when I patched for 1.31, and yes, I removed all mods when I installed the patch...

They twirl the guitar around like a baton over their head and behind their backs. Note that this isn't the standard guitar- it's one from the store.

EDIT: I took that picture on a community lot; she was playing at a party. I just tried having her play on her home lot, and it works fine:

What gives?
Scholar
#79 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
About the patch, and SH(!)T :
I think we simmers should make a new facebook account for the social feature, and be friends with each other, and never open those accounts.

Absolutely. No need to give EA the opportunity to save and/or resell your personal information. Do it the way the hardcore farmville etc people play. Keep zero personal information on the account and then just friend EVERYONE.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:25 PM Last edited by shante090 : 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
Oh, crap. So no one else is seeing this? It started when I patched for 1.31, and yes, I removed all mods when I installed the patch...

They twirl the guitar around like a baton over their head and behind their backs. Note that this isn't the standard guitar- it's one from the store.

EDIT: I took that picture on a community lot; she was playing at a party. I just tried having her play on her home lot, and it works fine:

What gives?

So I've checked it once again, this time on various community and residential lots and the guitars (the basic one and the one from the Prius Sweet Life Pack set) have worked fine. Have you checked other guitars? Maybe this particular guitar from the store is bugged?

When it comes to my after-patched experience I've only noticed the previously mentioned issue with LTW that disappeared but unfortunately deleting "no memories" mod doesn't help... Nevermind, I forgot that you have to choose traits first and than you can choose LTW...
Field Researcher
#81 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090
So I've checked it once again, this time on various community and residential lots and the guitars (the basic one and the one from the Prius Sweet Life Pack set) have worked fine. Have you checked other guitars? Maybe this particular guitar from the store is bugged?

All the guitars in my game seem to be working ok now. Maybe in saving the game with the glitched guitar, the problem was somehow fixed.

Thanks for checking it out, anyway.

I notice that the Genie appears on the list of occults in Master Controller now. And it's nice that if you just don't log in, all the social features are turned off.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not fixed with Patch 1.31
- Cars are still spawning in inactives inventories
- Flute Forward dress still has a missing leg.
- Level 10 Horses Animation still off.
- Mags' Door still has the wall showing through.
Also, there seems to be a problem with patch corrupting existing Family, specially if you have pets; another issue is that the unicorns have lost all magical powers, which I had one as a pet. Skins, specially, non default have a strage tint to them, like when your seems turn into vampires.
These I have test on a different PC than the one I use to play. My regular playing game I have not patch yet. I also tested the guitars, since I have a virtuoso in the household; however all seems to be normal, including the Lunar Lakes guitar. I will try doing a public performance though!
I will test make-up and contacts now and let you all know.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:24 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch problem, but the spiral stairs come with generation or with one of the patches?
Because i don't have generation and i can't see them in built mode.
I have legal copies, basegame, wa,amb and Ln so if they are with gen it's ok, otherwise there is a problem.
Eminence Grise
#84 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I don't know if this is a glitch problem, but the spiral stairs come with generation or with one of the patches?
Because i don't have generation and i can't see them in built mode.
I have legal copies, basegame, wa,amb and Ln so if they are with gen it's ok, otherwise there is a problem.

with Generations.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grieralexander
Not fixed with Patch 1.31
- Flute Forward dress still has a missing leg.

I know it's off-topic, but you can fix the Flute Forward dress with the Compressorizor tool.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:23 AM
my game is patched and fine i have all the updated mods etc that i need and my game is back to normal

i take my sims photos using fraps!!!!
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:44 AM
So as I realized I have no friends and my hideous account sim keeps reminding me. On a side note I had a default skin mod on my game which gave an odd glowing effect to the skin. As far as I can tell the Body Sliders still work. So there you guys go. My little tid bit of information I discovered.
Test Subject
#88 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:56 AM
Since installing the patch I am getting the "sims 3 is not working" error message on Windows and it shuts the game down. Pretty damn annoying.
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:57 AM
I refuse to let this patch anywhere near my game until AwesomeMod is updated. I just hope this doesn't irreversibly bork my game, as that has happened in the past. Sigh.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 6:41 AM Last edited by grieralexander : 4th Mar 2012 at 11:01 PM.
Well, no glitches this far as far as makeup and contacts in CAS; for what I have tested.
Update 1: I have gone back to do some sims.
Seems to be problems with some EA makeup not sticking; CC makeup and contacts are working!
Field Researcher
#91 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
with Generations.

Thank you for the answer.
Well, so far ,then, i've not encountered any problem with the new update... for now at least.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 10:41 AM
Not patching, no siree. I hold the record for "longest time without patching" in my little group, aka basegame to LN. Longer if you count I only patched ONCE by accident and never since.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Not patching, no siree. I hold the record for "longest time without patching" in my little group, aka basegame to LN. Longer if you count I only patched ONCE by accident and never since.

This isn't an option for those of us who can't play the game without mods, particularly Twallan's and AwesomeMod.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:33 PM
Mine is just plain stuck on the menu screen. Awesome.

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Instructor
#95 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 4:55 PM
My game is going a lot slower than it used to, and as far as I can tell the only difference is that 1) I had to update Twallan's StoryProgression, which theoretically shouldn't have caused those problems, and 2) there's now new social junk. So.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 5:42 PM
Here is a list of all the stuff that comes with the EP from sims vip: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#97 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:09 PM
I'm seeing that in CAS the EA body hair won't stick. Oddly enough, CC body hair stays put just fine. Tested without MasterController and XCAS core mod and same behavior.
Test Subject
#98 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:15 PM
has anyone have the problem with the 100 butler showing up with the new patch, I downlode the patch now i have 100 butlers out side the house

If there's a problem, there's always a solution.
Test Subject
#99 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:23 PM
Thinking it was the online social settings that was giving my game problems, I turned off my internet access and tried to play. Well not even ten minutes later the game just crashed by itself (a problem I have had in the past that made me get rid of all of my custom content and mods). I tried again this morning after restarting my computer, I kept the internet on but turned off the social features in the game, turned down some settings, restarted, and then the "sims 3 is not working" error happened again. I think I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall.
Mad Poster
#100 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 7:37 PM
I just now installed the patch...so far so good. I am missing only a few mods that haven't been updated yet, but I can wait on those.

I haven't turned on the social features yet. I'll test it in a moment, and then turn it back off. (Unless I become a social addict. If this is the case, please send backup and pull me out.)
Page 4 of 6