Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:57 AM Last edited by werismyki : 1st Jun 2011 at 2:29 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Interactionwindow - Lag
Heya guys . ♥

I haven't played Sims 3 for a while but yesterday , I started again & noticed an annoying thing :

When I click on my sim or other sims , the game 'stops' & it takes .. about 5-10 seconds to open that interaction - window . It doesn't happen with other stuff , only when I click on a sim - doesn't matter whether it's mine or another one I want to interact with .

So .. I deleted all of those cache [ ? ] files , I renamed my mod folder [ so it doesn't show that .package content in-game anymore ] , just to check whether an old mod causes it to lag . But it didn't help .

I mean , I'm still able to play , & it doesn't crash or anything . The animations still work , even if it lags [ I mean stuff like.. the water & stuff like that ] , but I can't do anything in those few seconds .

It's pretty annoying, so I hope anyone of you has an idea where that comes from . :)

[ Sorry for the mistakes , my english is not the best . ]

Edit : Btw , I don't have any problems with my computer . It's super fast & the gameplay doesn't lag at all on the highest resolution & graphics stuff .

Thankiis . ♥
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:34 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue.
    • Please post a Quick summary of your System Specs
      Instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.
    Please Do NOT post your complete DxDiag report in your thread.

• Sims 3 - Game Problems
    For generic game related issues, please see this FAQ:Try each of the steps listed to either solve the problem or rule out Custom Content as the cause.

Please provide your system specs so we can see what type of system you are running.

Make sure you have tried ALL the steps in the Game Problems guide to see if helps the issue you are referring to. You may also want to check out Game Help:Intermittent Freezeswiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 10:18 PM
Well , I re-installed everything & tried running the game without packages & without any .sims3packs ..
It stopped lagging . So I tried re - installing all my .sims3pack stuff , & it started lagging again .

So , could it be that some buggy Sims 3 Pack - Downloads cause those lags ?

I have a Win 7 64 - bit
ATi HD Radeon 5800
AMD Athlon II x4 630 Processor

So, the aren't the .package downloads, since I've removed them all . The only stuff installed are the .sims3packs .

Any ideas ?
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:39 PM
I've got the same issue. It only started after I installed Generations. I'm going to try it without custom content to see if it helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:15 PM
Yep , happened to me after installing Generations , too .
Sad ..
I was so excited to try it out but it annoys me rly bad ._. ..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:09 PM
Happens to me and I don't have generations.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:46 PM
Default Interactionwindow - Lag
Hi sorry for my bad english, the problem of this lag is the dcc cache i have zz 16.dbc files and lots of conflicts between the dbcs checked with dashbord an way to eliminate the lag iss to delete the conflikted dbcs was dashboard found, I know its crappy I deleted a lot of good things and more but i minnimizd the lag of the interaktions
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xLadyInRedx
Well , I re-installed everything & tried running the game without packages & without any .sims3packs ..
It stopped lagging . So I tried re - installing all my .sims3pack stuff , & it started lagging again .

I have a Win 7 64 - bit
ATi HD Radeon 5800
AMD Athlon II x4 630 Processor

So, the aren't the .package downloads, since I've removed them all . The only stuff installed are the .sims3packs .

Any ideas ?

I have the same problem and I think it's caused by the new patch that comes with Generations (1.21/1.22). After I noticed the lag I uninstalled all the EPs and SPs but the problem persisted (so I think it's from the patch not the new EP). Then I reinstalled Sims 3 and all the EPs and SPs except Generations and everything was fine. After I installed Generations (and it patched the game) again the problem occured.
I have a lot of stuff from the Sims 3 Store and I don''t use mods or other CC. When I disable the content from the store the game works fine.
EA introduced a new way of starting the game with the new patch (through TS3W.exe in the base game directory) and it may be causing some of the issues.
I already tried to put the exe files in the DEP but with no effect. I tried lowering the features in the options menu (with no effect again).
I used Game Booster and nothing happened.

It doesn't seem logical that the amount of store content installed in the game to cause slow down only when a sim is clicked on but then again I don't know what the smart heads from EA did in the new patch.
I also noticed when you click on a sim and there are more interactions available for him/her it takes longer time to show the pie menu.
I also have to mention that the game was using around 1 300 000K memory before the patch. Now it's using around 900 000K. I don't know if that is important though.
I'm not really good with computers and that was only my observations.
I'm shure that EA did something in the way the game reads all the store and CC files and the problem is not coming from a bad CC because without the new patch the game works fine.

I have Win 7 64 - bit
ATi HD Radeon 2900
Intel E2200 II 2,2GHz

xLadyInRedx your machine is a lot better than mine but the game works fine form me on max everything (only the antyalizing is turned off). My game freezes only for 2-3 seconds when I click on a sim.
I hope someone will solve the problem soon. I think that EA are really busy with E3 right now. They jsut released a new EP and started promoting the next one leaving their hands all over the place making it even a greater mess. They don't even bother to update their Sims 3 Store completely.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:34 AM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 6th Jun 2011 at 4:46 AM.

Yes, that seems to be the conclusion. You can confirm it by doing step#3 in the FAQ werismyki provided. Have you done it? What happens on a new, vanilla, cc-free game?

Quote: Originally posted by Daimon
Hi sorry for my bad english, the problem of this lag is the dcc cache i have zz 16.dbc files and lots of conflicts between the dbcs checked with dashbord an way to eliminate the lag iss to delete the conflikted dbcs was dashboard found, I know its crappy I deleted a lot of good things and more but i minnimizd the lag of the interaktions

Quote: Originally posted by ludogego
...I have a lot of stuff from the Sims 3 Store and I don''t use mods or other CC. When I disable the content from the store the game works fine. ...

The above posts and this thread "Misc." patterns don't show up in CAST after installing Generations confirm the .dbc corrupt theory, and the only solution is to (redownload) and reinstall all the Sims3Packs.

It is not the new ts3w.exe, I don't think. I think it is the new EADM (aka Origins). They coded EADM and thus Launcher to read .dbc files differently. Just a theory, I don't have prove as I don't have EADM (or have any intention into diggin' in its innards, just not that invested). But each time EADM is updated, something wonky goes on with my installed Sims3Packs.

An alternative is if you have a Resource.cfg that can read .dbc files, move them over to your /Mods/DCCache/ folder.
If someone with a laggy interaction pie-menu can do this, please post back if this alternative suggestion work or don't work?

I'm trying to not have a "Reinstall All Sims3Pack in a new User Folders" as a solution if I can help it. ('cos that's just crappy, if we have to do this for each EP/SP/patch release)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 1:35 PM
Well .. I've already reinstalled everything two times .
Don't know why but the game [ after the first reinstalling ] showed an update for Sims 3 .. it's like it has skipped one before .
So I tried to update it because I thought maybe that's the problem , but it showed an error .

So .. what did I do ? I deinstalled ALL Sims 3 Stuff , I removed everything that has to do with S3 from my documents & the direction it was installed in
because I hoped , maybe I had a bug file somewhere that wasn't deleted in the deinstallation . [ since I've used the same direction to install all S3 stuff all the time ]

But what I noticed was that , although I used the same .sims3package files as before deinstalling it , it seemd like it didn't install some of them because I got
a pop up with sth like there are some objects that are not found anymore so they're replaced with default stuff now . Weird , although I installed everything as before ?

With the 2nd reinstall , I've put in the same downloads again , & what happened ? It only installed the lots , nothing else . Although there were like 2800+ downloads I was installing .
But although it only installed those few custom lots I have , it laged as much as it did with 2800+ downloads . Or well.. the game itself didn't lag , but yea that interaction thingi did .

& still, it doesn't lag at all if I don't install .sims3package files . How weird . -_- I thought those normal .package files were the ones, that might cause lags , that's why I've removed most of them [ had like 20000 , packaged them all into 10 packs ] . & I never had problems with .sims3package files , since I thought , they were actually created for the game [ like the S3 store stuff ] so it just CAN'T cause lags . Would be annoying if you buy stuff from the store that even makes your game slower , wouldn't it ?

I think imma just wait until EA updates the game again , I hope it'll be soon . ;( I miss playing S3 .

Oh & btw , around 2700 of those .sims3package files were from various sites & I think like 2500 of them worked fine before I deinstalled the game . Around 100 are from the store , mostly free stuff .
Test Subject
#11 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
An alternative is if you have a Resource.cfg that can read .dbc files, move them over to your /Mods/DCCache/ folder.
If someone with a laggy interaction pie-menu can do this, please post back if this alternative suggestion work or don't work?

I will give it a try, because I have the same problem. Do I have to delete the files from the DCCache Folder if I move them to the mods Folder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 2:28 PM
@ellacharm3d
I've tried the 3rd Step . Yes , it works perfectly .
In the Arena
retired moderator
#13 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 4:54 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 6th Jun 2011 at 5:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dupli
Do I have to delete the files from the DCCache Folder if I move them to the mods Folder?
Yes, move means cut+paste.
But to be save, you can copy+paste and after copying is completed, then drag it to Desktop just in case.

I've tried the 3rd Step . Yes , it works perfectly .
Aha, that's another confirmation it's the .dbc files, isn't it? Or at least, it is any content that is installed by Launcher, to be fair. As it could be Library or SavedSims folders, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:11 PM
I don't have any SavedSims . o:
But yea , as I said , somehow , my Downloads don't even work , ..
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 9:51 PM
I've got this issue and I'm not sure what's causing it for me... I don't have the generations patch installed because of all the things I've been seeing stating that that patch is screwy...so I'm still using game version 7.0.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Yes, move means cut+paste.
But to be save, you can copy+paste and after copying is completed, then drag it to Desktop just in case.

It doesnt´t work for me, it is still lagging. You wrote, that you don´t have the eadm. Do you think it would be helpful to uninstall, and to reinstall without the eadm?
Is there another way to install sims3pack without using the Launcher?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#17 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 2:35 PM
@xLadyInRedx,
once confirmed issue does not recur after doing step#3, means you need to re-download and reinstall all Sims3Packs + .packages.
Load a new game without your saves first to see if you get further lag/crashing.
When things remain OK, restore one backed-up save game a folder at a time.

Just load to test and quit. Don't save while you don't have the same content as your game may default back to in-game items.

@All others,
I'm OK for folks to share a thread when they have same issues, as long as you don't inject new issues that OP does not have.
It is best that you guys create your own threads, as when OP has her issues resolved, this thread will be closed and locked.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 3:52 PM
Default Launcher won't install CC
Heya ,
it's me again .

Another thing that's bothering me now is that , after I reinstalled all my S3 stuff 2 times , it won't install any CC via launcher anymore .

I always had the problem that a few downloads didn't get installed , but I think they were just broken or anything , but most of them were working fine .
But after installing Generations & updating all stuff I got tons of problems ..

After the first reinstallation , it only installed the custom lots , ALTHOUGH I marked all my downloads in the launcher [ around 2800 ~ ] & installed them all at once .
Right after the installation , the stuff was shown as installed , but when I restarted the launcher , it only showed the lots - not only in the launcher but in game , too .

So .. I retried - another reinstallation .
Again , I installed all downloads at once via launcher & they showed up as installed again . After restarting the launcher -> nothing installed . Not even the lots .

I've tried to search for a solution but most people just said '' convert them into .package - files , they're easier to handle with '' . [ some of the posts I red were posted like 2 years ago , so they aren't updated anyway ] . This might me true , but I personally don't like .package files , because they cause my game to load 10 mins instead of 15 seconds & everything keeps lagging , even if I only use 1 .package file .

My game is fully updated , & as I said , I never really had big problems with that . I've read trough many FAQs about .sims3package CC , but it seems like they aren't updated for the new patches .

So , is it EAs fault & did they really make a mistake or sth so it doesn't work anymore or am I the only one with this problem ?

- Mina
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:01 PM
EA successfully break the Launcher every other patch. However, there are things you can try to get round it: Game Help:Launcher Issueswiki and, if that fails, Game Help:EADM Issueswiki.

.package files only make the game load slowly if you're using broken .package files - everything the game loads, including the saves, the EA objects, clothes, lots, worlds, and everything else... is package files. Having loads of extra .package files can slow things down, but just having a few will only create problems if there's something wrong with the files or with the way they're installed. However, you can't extract .package files from lot .sims3packs in any case, so I'm afraid that idea won't help in this case.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:29 PM
Aww, so I might have to redownload them ALL ?! o;
Outch . x:

But why did they work in the earlier versions ? & they even worked before I reinstalled the game .
In the Arena
retired moderator
#21 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:42 AM
I've merged both your threads, as they stem from the same issue - corrupt Sims3Pack install after patching / installing new pack.

If just reinstalling without redownloading does not solve it, then yes, the only solution is to redownload and then reinstall.

Whitey already mentioned that each patch EA released has potential to break Launcher, or each time they update EADM.
Which has been our contention all along that Launcher is de ebil!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
OK, since I noticed this problem I haven't stopped trying to fix it. I was using programs to boost my computer performance, I was shutting down programs from the task manager, I was looking for new updates for my video, sound cards and what not.
Then I remembered that I have the game on my laptop. It's parameters are worse than my PC but I decided to try. I installed Generations, patched the game, installed all the Store content that I have... and the game works fine. There is no freezing. I was thinking "What makes the game works better here?". The only thing that came to my mind is the OS. I'm using Windows Vista (32-bit) on the laptop and Windows 7 (64-bit) on the PC. I'm thinking that the game is not well optimized working under a 64-bit OS. And that's why some people have the problem and some don't.
Now, is there a way to make the game more "collaborative" with a 64-bit OS?