Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 8:38 PM
very good post tangie. I agree. I like the idea of traits controlling the behavior of a sim and their reactions.

For me, though, the romantic rep, takes away from how I want things to be in my town and how I see my sims relationships and what values my sims have.

I spent so much time trying to repair my simmies relationship after the birth of a child, that I had no fun with the child. And it didn't work anyway- the game took control and broke 'em up. I got them back together, and it happened again. No fun! I don't want to spend my time trying to fix my sims relationship. Especially since doing so is neither fun, nor something I feel my sims would be doing. I gave them all no jealousy for a reason. Because I simply don't want to mess around with breakups and relationship jealousy.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 2:16 PM
I really find it annoying. My sim married Amy Bull, who happened to have a love interest. She had NEVER SPOKEN TO THE PREMADE LOVER IN MY GAME. But after I installed Generations she is now "Naughty" (I think) because she has "Two relationships"... Er, no. She is married to one, with 3 kids, and the other she has never even spoken too. How he is even still her friend after IN GAME YEARS (Seriously, her kids are nearly teens) I don't even know. :\
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:50 AM
I'm not enjoying this because i think it mucks up the romantic interactions, i have a sim who's life time wish is to be a heart breaker and she's only gone through two men, attempted to woo a woman, went so far as to move her in but they never got any romantic interaction options besides 'skinny dip' & 'watch the stars'. They were romantic interests, had the bar as high as it could possibly go but there was NEVER any other options for them. They couldn't kiss, woohoo, hell, couldn't even hug. My Sim has a reputation as an 'undecided flirt' or some such bunk and it no only makes her hated around town, apparently it c*ckblocks too *grumbles*
Instructor
#54 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:08 AM
I haven't had any sims that really have had a Reputation yet. Except for Molly Coddle Millegan. Apparently she was engaged to another sim when she got engaged, then married to Craig Millegan (my sim). So she has a cheater Reputation.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:49 AM
Here it is: I sent my sim, Gabrielle around the town to find her a boyfriend. She met Christopher Steel, woohoo-d soon after that, and this action resulted with a baby. BUT just after my sim got home, with a baby in her belly I got a notification that Tori and Christopher are now a couple. O rly?
During the time Gabrielle tried to wreck their relationship I never got the chance to call the guy a damn cheater. Not even when Gab confessed her feelings to his new gf. Still, soon after my sim moved in with Stiles McGraw, and started a relationship with him, Gab was in the park with her son and that asshole Christopher goes to her to call her a cheater. Excuse me?
And the top of everything: my girl got the option to Confess the cheating.
Confess what? She got pregnant, the guy didn't give a flying gnome about it all and now she has the Cheater reputation.... duh.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:59 AM
What I'm curious about is, is there a way to see another sims reputation without having to merge them into your household?

I had a sim who really liked this one girl and after many dates they eventually became boyfriend and girlfriend. I ended up moving the girl into my active family and it was THEN that, when looking through her scrapbook, I found out that she had another boyfriend who also happened to be my sims brother! (I didn't notice this because the parents divorced when both brothers were early in their teen stages and they each lived with a different parent). And yet, the girlfriend STILL had the "Eternally Faithful" reputation/moodlet. I made her break up with the brother, but it still bothered me because before she and my sim had gotten together I asked if she was in a relationship and she said no, so this must've happened after they became official. Or she lied. These sims are sneaky.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 9:06 PM Last edited by Nirar22 : 17th Jun 2011 at 9:09 PM. Reason: wrong spot
sorry--wrong spot
#58 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
I just wish that the cheaters could simply use a bare-faced lie and denial option! "Me? Cheating? What! I don't know that man, or why he has his tongue down my throat!"
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I just wish that the cheaters could simply use a bare-faced lie and denial option! "Me? Cheating? What! I don't know that man, or why he has his tongue down my throat!"

Hee heee. That is funny!

:Sighs: I just wish sims with no jealousy were like mellow about the whole cheating thing. .. That would solve my objections to this whole romantic panel... Nightmare. :p
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:51 PM
Is there any chance that EA will put out another patch to fix some of the glaring bugs they have here?? Or is it going to be soley up to our modders?
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:30 AM
I hope its not up to the modders, since I prefer to keep my game as modfree as possible- but the romantic reputation and patch is very frustrating to my play style. I don't know what EA was thinking... Really.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsLover50
I hope its not up to the modders, since I prefer to keep my game as modfree as possible- but the romantic reputation and patch is very frustrating to my play style. I don't know what EA was thinking... Really.

well let me ask this, has EA put out more than one patch before for a EP?? Or just one and one only?? If so then thats horrible business practice and I hope our modders do well. Heck if they keep doing this our modders should all get together and develop a game competetive to Sims and drive EA into the ground, that would teach them a thing or two about making good product
Forum Resident
#63 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by USNCaseySmith
well let me ask this, has EA put out more than one patch before for a EP?? Or just one and one only?? If so then thats horrible business practice and I hope our modders do well. Heck if they keep doing this our modders should all get together and develop a game competetive to Sims and drive EA into the ground, that would teach them a thing or two about making good product

Since Ambitions, most EP's get one "bugfix" patch then they seem to leave it. It's rather frustrating really as there are still Ambitions bugs that haven't been fixed for fraks sake. Running Disease is the one that comes most prominently to mind, although there are others.

I'm sure we all remember the OLS patch which fixed 2 issues, one of which wasn't even a game issue, and the other which only occurred under very specific (and quite difficult to replicate) circumstances.

I wonder actually whether that is the reason that EA have decided not to publish a full bugfix list for the latest patch.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 1:04 PM
I hate this reputation. I like to have my sim flirt around to find the right person to marry. But I don't see the need to make my sim's former lovers hate them just so that my sim doesn't get a reputation. Its annoying how everyone instantly knows, even though neither of the sims in the act have time to tell others.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
I hate this reputation. I like to have my sim flirt around to find the right person to marry. But I don't see the need to make my sim's former lovers hate them just so that my sim doesn't get a reputation. Its annoying how everyone instantly knows, even though neither of the sims in the act have time to tell others.

I found something out that may help.

I started Sunset Valley and decided to go after Morgana Wolff (cause she's so pretteh and she's family oriented, perfect for Generations. Also, she is my sim's boss). I had my sim woo her (romantic interest) and got her to break up with Thorton. So a few sim days passed and I took them on a date to the bistro. My sim immediately charged at her to slap her. I couldn't cancel the action out. Turns out in the time between the break up and the date, she'd entered a relationship with Jamie Joliana (or whatever her name is). So that . . . kind of wrecked their relationship.

I found under the "Mean" options an option for "Just be friends" or something. This broke off their romantic interest status and damaged their relationship a bit - they were back to being acquaintances. I only tried it once, so I don't know if the option is always there or not, but that might be something to do to prevent your reputation from getting damaged.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Field Researcher
#66 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:08 PM
If you have former romantic interests that you have no intentions of continuing to be romantic with, use Mean > Ask to be Just Friends with them. The game counts all of your romantic interests as current relationships, which makes sense. Everything else is current, so why wouldn't romantic interests be as well? The reputation system shouldn't mess with your Sim if you do this. If you have other romantic interests that you do want to keep up with, well, your Sim deserves the reputation they get, imo. The interaction doesn't ruin your Sim's relationship either - when I used it, my Sim was still Good Friends with her former lover immediately after asking.

edit: aha, ninja'd. :P

edit again: I think that your relationship returns to whatever it was before you became romantic interests. I haven't tested it, so I'm not totally sure, but my Sim didn't become romantic interests with her former lover until after they were already Good Friends, so that's where they returned to after becoming just friends again. If your Sim started out wooing an acquaintance rather than a friend, there isn't any sort of relationship to go back to, just acquaintances. Again, haven't tested it, but it would make sense and explain why me and the poster above me had different results in that aspect.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KaiRuh
If you have former romantic interests that you have no intentions of continuing to be romantic with, use Mean > Ask to be Just Friends with them. The game counts all of your romantic interests as current relationships, which makes sense. Everything else is current, so why wouldn't romantic interests be as well? The reputation system shouldn't mess with your Sim if you do this. If you have other romantic interests that you do want to keep up with, well, your Sim deserves the reputation they get, imo. The interaction doesn't ruin your Sim's relationship either - when I used it, my Sim was still Good Friends with her former lover immediately after asking.

edit: aha, ninja'd. :P

edit again: I think that your relationship returns to whatever it was before you became romantic interests. I haven't tested it, so I'm not totally sure, but my Sim didn't become romantic interests with her former lover until after they were already Good Friends, so that's where they returned to after becoming just friends again. If your Sim started out wooing an acquaintance rather than a friend, there isn't any sort of relationship to go back to, just acquaintances. Again, haven't tested it, but it would make sense and explain why me and the poster above me had different results in that aspect.

No, it's most likely that it reverts to whatever the status is if it's not a romantic interest.

What happened in my scenario is that my sim considered Morgana to be cheating on her - so she went over and slapped her. This lowered their relationship considerably, but they were still listed as romantic interests. If the line a relationship starts at is '0,' they were probably at a 20-25 after the slapping occurred, which would be in acquaintance territory.

As an aside, they've since gotten back together. =D

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Field Researcher
#68 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 8:28 PM
Oh, yeah, that makes much more sense.
Instructor
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:10 PM
For those who are interested, in another forum I Read that the 'accuse of cheating' moodlet (not cancelable), is not caused by sim jealousy, but by the reputation of the sim in question. I am not sure if this is true, but that is pretty counter-intuitive. The other forum suggested using the award: Inappropriate, but in a good way, no jealousy in combination, and, clean slate and above reproach. I am curious whether sims with this combo of awards get the autonomous breakup features that other sims get. I'm going to have to test it.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:34 PM
I've just modded this into the Romantic Reputation Recombobulator: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446164

Reading the XML, I would say that the autonomous breakup will probably happen either way. I'll try and concisely explain how it works at default (I say concisely... it's quite complicated).

There are 3 levels of "cheating". The levels are achieved through a points based system. I won't explain that bit, as it wouldn't make sense out of context anyway.

Any Sims within a radius of 10 Sim Meters (approximately the distance at which a Sim will elect to walk rather than run) that observe "cheating" will raise your score.

There are 3 levels of "betrayal" The level is assigned on a points based basis, (actions or being observed accrue points, until the threshold is met) The number of Sims who can observe betrayals before Level 2 is reached are: 9 Sims who don't know either of you. OR 4 Sims who have some kind of relationship with your Sims (even aquaintances) OR 2 Household members (including their household members) OR 1 Fiance/Spouse.

Obviously it is quite likely that a combination of these will observe, so that's why it triggers quickly. (Surely Friends would keep it on the hush hush though?)

Inviting your "partner" over 5 times, or visiting them 5 times is also enough to reach Level 2.

Phoning them, or them phoning you, 9 times will also trigger Level 2.

After 24 hours of no contact with your "partner", the visibility starts to decay, assuming that you are at the minimum required for Level 2, it takes 10 Sim hours for your visibility to completely disappear. (400 hours if you are at maximum visibility, although it is unlikely you will reach this point without being accused)

If your relationship with your partner is at 90 or above, then you have a 10% less chance of being accused, regardless of level.

The following traits in your partner will reduce the chance of accusing you by 10% - Inappropriate,Flirty,Coward,HopelessRomantic,Carefree,Shy

Conversely, these traits increase the chance by 10% - FamilyOriented,Good, Childish,CommitmentIssues,HotHeaded,Neurotic

At Level 1, your partner has a base 10% chance of accusing you. At Level 2, 15% and at Level 3 40%

Once caught, Giving gifts or apologising reduces the time that the betrayed party has the Betrayed debuff by 1 Sim hour, and 12 Sim hours respectively.

The betrayed parties friends have a 300% multiplier on whether to "tell about betrayal" as I don't have any base figures for that one I can't tell you about in game effects...

If your Sim is "Eternally Faithful" then the chance of being accused reduces to 15% regardless of level.

Once accused, your relationship with the accusee tanks by 90LTR points. (NOT 90%)

When the betrayed buff times out, if you haven't managed to repair the relationship by at least 25 points, then the relationship is ended.

See? Told you it was complicated

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:48 PM
Yes. Totally complicated, but interesting nontheless. I will download your mod. Does No jealousy factor into it at all?
Forum Resident
#72 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:51 PM
Yes. Totally complicated, but interesting nontheless. I will download your mod. Does No jealousy factor into it at all?

Not that I can see, the only Lifetime Reward that is mentioned is Clean Slate, which removes all romantic partnerships, regardless of how serious they are (if I am reading it right)

Edit: Sorry, I got that wrong, above reproach is also mentioned, which reduces the chance of being accused by 20%

Instructor
Original Poster
#73 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:01 AM
Wow. Thanks for the interpretation. =-)

I have to question EA's logic in this. No Jealousy means no jealousy and that should counter the 'accuse of cheating.' As a sim with no jealousy would not care about cheating.

Also, I do not like the game considering a love interest a monogamous romance... When a person can have many love interests throughuot his or her existance and shouldn't have to 'break up' with them, since she/he isn't going steady.

I guess I can see why they didn't want to have to explain romantic rep in a manual. It is a complex concept.

I guess I just prefer to not think about my sims reputation... Just as I don't want to fret about who is shagging who in real life. I hope the romantic rep is tonned down or can be switched off. I know there are those who like the feature. But I find it irksome.
#74 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:04 AM
I can just see it now, when we get Pets they will probably be able to grass on a cheater too!
Forum Resident
#75 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:06 AM
I guess I just prefer to not think about my sims reputation... Just as I don't want to fret about who is shagging who in real life. I hope the rep is modded back to inactive where it belongs.

The KillAll flavour of my mod will do that. It basically reduces the "visibility range" to 0 including invitations to visit and phone calls, 0's the tank effect, and gives all Sims a 0 chance of accusing. In other words, you shouldn't be spotted anyway, but if you are they won't accuse, and if somehow they do, it won't effect your relatinship.

Eternally Faithful still has all it's good effects though.

Page 3 of 5