Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 2:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem with my wants controller
Im not sure what ahppened but all if a sudden my wants controller has gone wiggy. It doesnt roll correctly and gives me empty blue boxes. Sometimes I get an error about reset, delete, cancel "wants controller" issues thingy. I know you guys know the blue box I am speaking of. I use boolProp but turn it off before exiting lots. I tried using the boolProp to roll the wants and hope it fixed it, but it just made the box I attempted to roll go blue also.
Has anyone else had this problem? I couldnt find a post on it. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix it without losing my saved games?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:59 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 1:27 PM
Okay thanks. On my way to work now. will mess with this on the weekend. I have put the patch on my game though. The newest expansion I have is freetime, installed 2 weeks ago, and patched one week ago. I did however use boolprop alot this past weekend (when it started) plus I downloaded some new hacks and content. I will try removing the downloads and see if that helps. Will keep you posted, thanks for the responce! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 1:57 AM
seems there was some hack in my hacks folder (sub folder in down loads) called wantstuning I dont remember downloading it or even know what it is supposted to do. I removed it and it seems to work again however the boxes that turned blank or rather blue wont change back. Am I doomed for these sims to never have 4 wants at the same time again?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:49 AM
ok.. didnt fix it. seems to be related directly to the boolProp. when I go into a lot I have never played before, the wants work fine, unless I turn boolProp on, then it goes wonky and makes the blue boxes. I exit the lot without saving but it seem to corrupt it and whenver I fullfill a sims want on that lot, it goes blue, wont roll. And the lots that have been corrupted with this are all messed up now. I though if I can enter the game clean, dont turn on any cheats, move the family out of the lot and into another one maybe just maybe it would fix it? but it didnt. they move in with the crazy blue boxes still there and whenever they fullfill a new want, that slot seems to be forever gone. Im at a loss. anyone had this issue before?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 11:35 PM
Please don't triple post. If no one has responded, click the big edit button (located at the bottom right corner) to update your post.

What happened when you went through the rest of the FAQ? You haven't told us what steps you have taken and what the outcome was. You only did the first step.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Please don't triple post. If no one has responded, click the big edit button (located at the bottom right corner) to update your post.

What happened when you went through the rest of the FAQ? You haven't told us what steps you have taken and what the outcome was. You only did the first step.

Well he/she was just updating, why are all those forum people so easily annoyed...? Well anyway I've got the same problem and don't know how to solve it... Also, the control bar is gone when I play a family for the first time
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:36 PM
Boolprop doesn't cause corruption, it's the way you use it. What did you do with it?
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:52 PM
That happened to me before, but when I restarted the game and computer, it was back to normal
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2015 at 9:01 PM
@Gioia This thread is over 6 years old and you should have started a new thread and explain what has happen and what led up to your problem but after you went through the FAQ. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...:Game%20Problem

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158