Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:31 PM
Default Bon Voyage- Stuck on Vacation
Im very confused. I could not find anything about Bon Voyage on this site but I know it has to be somewhere!

I also know Im not the only one having this problem so if someone has already asked this please just point me in the direction of the post.

My sims used a cell phone, called to go home from vacation. They went home and then another shuttle came and transfered them BACK to the vacation for some odd reason. Now they are permanently stuck. I cant end the vacation, they cant even leave the lot.

If anyone knows how I can fix this I would really appreciate!
I know this is going to be fixed on the patch, thank god!
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:31 PM
Is this on a hotel vacation lot or a sim-owned vacation home? Also, did you remove all your hacks before installing Bon Voyage?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:59 PM
Did you have them 'check out' of the hotel before ending the vacation? And yes, as juliana asked, have you removed your hacks? Most need to be updated for BV. If you remove your downloads folder, can you send them home? If worse come to worse, Pescado has a 'crowbar' that you can try to use for removing sims. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:25 PM
I have the same problem!! i have no hacks and checked out!! i went home and went to send them to bed and then the shuttle appeared to take them on holiday! i stayed inside a hotel

Everything that has a beginning has an end

You have been bitch-slapped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 2:45 AM
Well I found this http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23

Pretty much saying that it is a problem with the game itself and will be fixed with the patch. I was just wondering if anyone found a solution in the meantime. Luckily enough for me, I exited without saving and it brought them back to their house. Good thing! Just DONT use the cell phone to end your vacation. Or they may be on a permanent vacation!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:15 AM
Thanks for the link. Apparently performing a 'action' when the shuttle arrives causes this? Could they be any more vague? hehe

" Sims that drive to a community lot can still "call taxi" with a cell phone, this can lead to Sims being stuck on a lot. " But, a hotel is not zoned community and you can't drive a car to vacationland. It would seem that this might be a related bug, but not exactly what Sam is talking about?

I have only had my sims use the phone booth to end the vacation so I have never experienced this. I wonder what 'actions' they are talking about? I usually have them sit on a park bench and wait for the shuttle lest they wander all the way to the back of the lot and then have to trudge back to the front to get in the darned van.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 4:22 PM
Yeah I didnt quite understand some of it either.

The only thing I did was use the cell phone to call and end my vacation. My people went home and then the shuttle appeared AGAIN to take them on vacation. So out of curiousity I let them get back in the shuttle. They went back to the campgrounds and then when I tried to call and end again it would dial and immediately hang up. I couldnt walk anywhere and I couldnt call anywhere. They were completely stuck!
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 6:42 PM
I have basically the same problem, only I didn't use a cell phone. I have no idea why it happened. The shuttle came back and took them back to the campground, and when they call to end the vacation, nothing happens. The vacation has been over for 4 days! It's driving me crazy.
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:56 PM
I have the issue where I can go on vacation but when I get there.. I can't check in or anything... it's weird but then I can't leave either. I have to QUIT my game all together and reload and just not go on vacation which is a waste of money to me.. dang sims I don't know what to do.. I guess I just don't play vacation until a patch comes out?? I guess I dont have a choice..
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:03 PM
Did you have them select a room before checking in?

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 10:37 PM
I have also had a problem with my sims going into other rooms and then they cant exit that room unless they reserve that suite. So I end up having to reserve every suite or my sims get stuck in them. Its very strange!! And my NPCS on vacation always get stuck and cant move and they block the doorways. Thank god for the insimenator! I have never had problems with any of my other games but this bon voyage is packed full of problems for me.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 12:58 AM
Can you duplicate this with a clean sims2 folder? backup your game first!
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._All_User_Files

Remove the files and run the game with a test family. The only way one would know if it is a true game bug is to play it with a clean folder. Let us know if you can replicate the problem using this technique. : )

Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Sep 2007 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Thanks for the link. Apparently performing a 'action' when the shuttle arrives causes this? Could they be any more vague? hehe

" Sims that drive to a community lot can still "call taxi" with a cell phone, this can lead to Sims being stuck on a lot. " But, a hotel is not zoned community and you can't drive a car to vacationland. It would seem that this might be a related bug, but not exactly what Sam is talking about?

I have only had my sims use the phone booth to end the vacation so I have never experienced this. I wonder what 'actions' they are talking about? I usually have them sit on a park bench and wait for the shuttle lest they wander all the way to the back of the lot and then have to trudge back to the front to get in the darned van.

i never called the shuttle, it appeared at 8am the last day of my vacation and took my sims home. when they got there, the phone was ringing so i sent one of them to answer it and the shuttle came back and now they're stuck on vacation. it's a privately owned lot too.

i think by sending her to answer the phone before she exited the van, i caused this error. maybe that's what "actions" they're talking about?

also, anyone know when the patch comes out? i'm dying. it's my favorite sim i've got stuck!
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 4:32 PM
Default How to end the vacation.
I had this problem and found a temporary solution until the patch comes out.
Simply go back to the neighborhood, then back to the main menu. Choose the neighborhood where your family is and click back on the house.
The sims will be back home when you get there.
This is a little time consuming, but it does work.
I hope this helps.
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 11:27 PM
That only works if you didn't accidentally save before exciting the vacation lot.
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Oct 2007 at 11:46 PM
I have the same problem when I send the sims on a 7 day vacation, and go home before the 7 days are up. the shuttle comes back to the house to pick them up again...They can't pick any rooms or check in or out... if they use the phone to end the Vacation. The shuttle never pickes them up.
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 8:48 PM
OK, here's another scenario: I sent my two sims on vacation to a vacation home owned by one of the sims. They stayed for six days of a seven-day vacation, then I used the cell phone to call for the shuttle. It came and picked them up, they "flew" back to their home neighborhood and went in the house. Shortly thereafter (around 8:00AM, I think, as they had left for their vacation at 4:00AM [bored sims do the silliest things in the middle of the night!]), the shuttle came back, the two sims grabbed their cases and headed for the curb. I got really angry, whipped out my move_objects wand and deleted the shuttle, thinking that, like deleting the carpool car will prevent the sim from going to work it would prevent them from going back to the vacation destination, but it didn't. Twikii Island loaded, then the vacation home, and oh, crap... no sims! The house came up in Buy mode, and no amount of fiddling around will fix this. Opening the lot from the Twikii Island screen goes to build mode sans sims; trying to open it from the Pleasantville screen says the message about "These sims are someplace else, do you want to open that lot?" or something to that effect. I even decided to call the vacation home *and* their main home a loss and just move them into some other sim's house, and them move them back out, just to rescue the poor little buggers, but no dice: the game whines that these sims' household hasn't been saved on their home lot, and thus they can't be invited to move in someplace else, and that I should go bring them back to their home lot, save them there and try again.

Grrr...

-Tim
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#18 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 8:54 PM
There seems to be some borkenness with leaving vacation. EAxis has stated they will alledgedly fix this with the upcoming patch. Have you tried teleporting the sims to another occupied lot and then moving them to the sim bin? The hotel lot might be toast after doing this. Not sure.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of people having this problem when they use a cellphone to make the call. It might just be anecdotal. I've always used the self interaction or the phone kiosk on the hotel lot.

Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 10:39 PM
Hi I dont know if this will help but I had my own sim and a guest sim stuck in a tent and i cancelled both sims actions but they still would not leave, tried everything even the pet action cheat but then i did the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in neighbourhood and then went onto my sims in their tent and pressed shift while clicking on the tent and forced error and had the choice to reset which i clicked ....they both jumped out of the tent and were able to check out and go home!
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Oct 2007 at 10:43 PM
Heya,

I have a semi-similar problem which I have yet to figure out how to remedy. Upon returning home from their vacation (vacation home not a hotel) a second shuttle showed up to whisk them off again. They kept trying to get in but I had them ignore it thinking it would eventually would drive off, in which it did but it still loaded the vacation home regardless. Now I cannot have them head home again because when in the vacation I cannot use the "live mode". So now they are stuck in limbo in which I cannot load their home for it refers to their vacation home, and the vacation home is unplayable.

I was wondering if there was some SimPE method of transporting them home, because the patch has failed to alleviate the problem.

Thanks in advance,
Snowmonkey
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 10:22 AM
Nope. SimPE as of yet, is not compatible with BV.

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 3:11 PM Last edited by metaljinte : 11th Oct 2007 at 4:06 PM.
I have a sort of similar problem. My problem is that I came home from a vacation. Suddenly the shuttel arrives and tries to take my adult sims. I cancelled the action several time in the hope that it would disappear. But it took me, only me adn no sims, to the family vacation home!! I can build and buy, but ot go back!

Hope the patch fixes this. 'Cause I cannot play with that family anymore!

Edit: Well, the patch does not fix it! And now I am truly mad. Is there any cheat I can use?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#23 Old 11th Oct 2007 at 6:16 PM
I'm wondering why it didn't grab the sims. The sims are still in their home right? I'm trying to understand. This is what it sounds like to me:
When you go to the lot, the game takes you to the vacation home but no sims.

Could you try to teleport the sims to another occupied lot using Inges teleporter bush? Your lots might be broken. Just a thought. I have no idea if the home/vacation home lots would be playable after this action, but you would still have your sims.

Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 2:51 PM
The teleporter bush isn't really a viable option, since I have to actually use the sims from that family to teleport them elsewhere. The missing sims are still alive whereas other sims can invite them over, but they won't divulge their whereabouts unfortunately. But perhaps I can 'influence' the missing family to use the teleporter bush to be moved to a new lot, but I'm skeptical that can be done.

Eeek So I suppose I am to wait for the updated SimPE and hope something can be done with that?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#25 Old 12th Oct 2007 at 5:50 PM
Wait... the teleporter bush summons any sim to any household. Don't you have another non-related household that you can enter and summon them to that lot?
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

Page 1 of 2