Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#15126 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 3:08 PM Last edited by Nocriel : 12th Apr 2017 at 5:33 PM.
Baby Bee (Babee?) is one of the most adorable sim toddlers I have seen, he really won the genetic lottery!

I have a new update.
2.1 - Triple Déjà-vu
Lots of dialog, which I still feel kind of uncomfortable writing because I'm not a native speaker. And 3 old screenshots you might remember from past updates! :P

edit: I only realized now that my "Downloads" page didn't show up on the blog. It's fixed now.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#15127 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 5:39 PM Last edited by Marcy : 12th Apr 2017 at 8:28 PM.
1.1 A Fresh Start

So I started a new legacy. The Zorins are trapped on my old computer which I have no access to, so I don't know if I'll ever get to play them again.

Also someone else might have used the last name Winterly on here before... if that is the case, my bad!

EDIT: I had the 2nd chapter written already so...

1.2 A Day in Town
Test Subject
#15128 Old 12th Apr 2017 at 9:06 PM
Update 2-2
Uni is surprisingly boring :/
Lab Assistant
#15129 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:33 AM
Ugh, I did a dumb thing. I'm about 2-3 chapters ahead from the blog in my game and moved my household into a bigger, prettier house. Unfortunately I miscalculated a little, aka I forgot I will need furniture. Feli is single and her career only makes 180§ per day at the moment and she has the next few days off work anyway, so that won't be enough.
So now I sent her to Uni (off-screen, too lazy to blog about it) because that's the only option I have to increase her income (+ one day job per day and one donation per week) without breaking any rules.
It's kinda cool though, it rarely happens in the game that you have to actually worry about money Just have to keep her from slapping her professors now.
Test Subject
#15130 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:06 AM
Ahaha, nice one I'm vaguely reminded of when I first started mine and I went on a spree of upgrading some of the crappier furniture and preparing for a baby in advance, and then was left with a whole §2 a bill I couldn't pay, and a cat I couldn't feed. The joys of only being paid once a week.

Good thinking on sending her to uni for that. I forgot you could do jobs there. Shame Zachary isn't in a career that he's allowed to do that in, ahaha. It'd be nice to get back the money I'm having to spend on buying new stoves every time one catches on fire.
Lab Assistant
#15131 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM
Oh, I mean the day jobs you can take from the job board outside of the dorm, you can take one per day regardless of career! It's under general rules #16
Most of the jobs only give §250 but I was lucky and got an "Organ Donation" opportunity once that gave me §3500. In exchange for a kidney, but hey, money is money.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#15132 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 7:37 PM
It was similar for me too years (literally gah that's scary) when I started with my founders. They had like about 26§ and stupid 14 year old me decided to add two babies to the household right away (technically Rosie was a toddler but still expensive). I kinda liked the challenge though, y'know? I put in subway stations though which trust me, if you have a busker, you're gonna wanna use those *top tip*

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Test Subject
#15133 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:31 PM
Ohhh, I could have sworn I wasn't allowed to use the day jobs. I must have misread that *facepalm*
Unfortunately it's too late for me to make use of them now. Next gen, I guess.

Thanks for the tip, @futurecarrie?
Scholar
#15134 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 8:51 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1,9
Lab Assistant
#15135 Old 15th Apr 2017 at 10:49 PM
I have a fairly uneventful "filler chapter" that should clear up the remaining unrevealed rolls and show the new D litter. Also I added Bharu to the download page.

2.2 - Love Day

On a sidenote, I am SO pleased with how the next heir turned out and so excited about the gen 3 rolls that I almost want to skip half of this generation and go right to the next heir's teenage years! (not going to do that though, no worries)
Lab Assistant
#15136 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 11:20 PM
New chapter: 4.14 Silently surrender

It's someones birthday, that's it really.
Field Researcher
#15137 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:49 AM
Choo choo, update train
Update: Chapter 3.42 Unwanted Attention in which Juniper sees someone who she despises.

I hope everyone had a happy (hoppy?) Easter ^-^

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Field Researcher
#15138 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 4:40 PM
@Nocriel So Feli is selling her organs on the black market for money? Sounds like her, lol
Lab Assistant
#15139 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 12:09 AM
@heatherfeather19
I'm just going to assume that having a full set of organs isn't that important in the sims universe, considering that "Organ Donor" is an actual job in the medical career Couldn't resist that opportunity, §3500 is a lot for someone who's almost broke!

2.3 - 9 months

New update, I think I tried to fit too much into that chapter, I could have split that up in two and go into more detail. Note to self, plan future chapters in advance...
Instructor
#15140 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 1:08 AM
Maybe sims are like Klingons and have redundant organs? :o

Field Researcher
#15141 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:11 PM
Lab Assistant
#15142 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 7:34 AM
So I just rolled Secondary Income for a future generation because I'm bored, even though it's a bit early.
I use random.org to roll, not the app. I have all EPs except for ITF and IP.
I roll Astronomer (Astrophysicist) - don't have, reroll. Second try, I roll Astronomer (Space Explorer) - still don't have it, reroll. Third time's the charm... I roll Astronomer (Astrophysicist) again What are the odds?!I think random.org wants me to buy ITF hahaha
Field Researcher
#15143 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:28 PM
Another update!

1.4 All in a Day's Work
Instructor
#15144 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 10:51 PM
It's a sign, @Nocriel! You have to get ITF now. XD It's actually a pretty fun EP, though some of the stuff might not fit in well in a random legacy. I really like bots, tho. I'm hoping I roll botmaker sometime soon.

Scholar
#15145 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 10:58 AM
I Have a New Update 1.10
Lab Assistant
#15146 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 1:07 PM
New chapter: 4.15 Victory of peace

Just another fillerchapter, nothing special happens
Field Researcher
#15147 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 1:26 PM Last edited by Marcy : 22nd Apr 2017 at 4:03 PM.
Another update! I've had a lot of time to play, lately...

1.5 Preparation

EDIT: Aaand another!

1.6 Distraction
Lab Assistant
#15148 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 7:02 PM
Oh wow, update train? I have one too!

이.사 - A short lesson in Korean

I built a new house entirely from scratch! Not something I usually do but I wanted to give it a try. Will update the cat litter page within the next two hours or so I hope.
Field Researcher
#15149 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Marcy : 23rd Apr 2017 at 5:48 PM.
Update!

1.7 Provide

EDIT: A productive weekend in terms of Sims 3...

1.8 Child-Rearing

1.9 Walk on Your Own Two Legs
Test Subject
#15150 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:01 PM
HOOO BOY so I was gone with no internet for this past week. And you know what you do when you don't have internet?
Play the sims.

So I'm kind of ridiculously far ahead in my legacy. As in I've jumped from just starting uni to having finished three degrees, moved in the spouse, and my next heir is nearing adulthood. I'm gonna have to do some catching up before I play too much farther, but I just figured I should ask -
Would you like me to pace myself and post a couple updates per week or just do a big block of them at one go? Originally I was going to write them all in one go so that I could get caught up and playing again before I forgot too much of the context for my screenshots, but then I realised that it could be kind of overwhelming to throw like ten updates at once or something ridiculous like that, so I thought I'd as you guys what you want to see.
Page 606 of 676