Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#2676 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anaticula
Even when others are using them.

Especially when others are using them.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2677 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 11:49 PM
Nice meshes and such that are only available as a default replacement.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2678 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

If it's clothing, install it and use bodyshop to make a copy of it, like you were making something else from it, then take out the default and leave your copy in.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#2679 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 12:44 AM
When you place a great dining room table, but there are absolutely no chairs in matching wood. Same for desks. Why did Maxis not create matching sets of this stuff? I mean, it's annoying when you can't match the wood paneling or floor, but no match for a table? Or when there's no matching chair for the sofa - grr.
Top Secret Researcher
#2680 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sprinklers don't break https://onedrive.live.com/?id=CA240...A240B77438128C2

Does this work with BV? Being on a Mac of course I don't have FT or AL.

From the same location I found Mod RobotsNeverBreak.package what about this one?

I really would like some kind of description of these two Mods and I would like to know who wrote them.
Lab Assistant
#2681 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:03 PM
I agree with Lordtyger9. There is no readme file but just an unzipped file to slide into the Downloads folder. Yep, more info would be nice.
Test Subject
#2682 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:22 PM
Sims just have the habit of self-destruction when Free will is on
Theorist
#2683 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

^THIS so much. It's like, "Don't panic creator, I am going to use your creation because I like it (otherwise I wouldn't have downloaded it!) You don't need to try to force me to use it by taking one of my other options away!"
Scholar
Original Poster
#2684 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 5:49 PM
The way allergies are coded into the game really irks me. I didn't even know it was allergies until somebody pointed it out.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#2685 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:22 PM
That is why I use TwoJeff's No Allergies mod http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0

What annoys me is when I'm trying to get Sims to do something, and they go play with the synthesizer instead. Trying to get Sims to interact in the same room as the Syth, forget it, they rather play with the damn synth. Trying to get them to change the baby's diaper, no way they are going to go play with the synth.

I hate that Sims will feed the baby all damn day, but never change the diaper.
Mad Poster
#2686 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
The way allergies are coded into the game really irks me. I didn't even know it was allergies until somebody pointed it out.

It seems that robots are much more allergic than sims.
Mad Poster
#2687 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

BoilingOil made an Allergy Controller that prevents robots and undead sims from having allergies.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-3329.html

If you find it really annoying and just want to completely get rid of allergies, TwoJeffs made a No Allergies mod that nukes it completely. (Download link is about halfway down the page)
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
Theorist
#2688 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anaticula
. For some reason it's always the bathrooms they love to walk through. Even when others are using them.

I think it was in Sims 1 that they were obsessed in my game with proposing and giving birth in the bathroom. Something about bathrooms...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#2689 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:53 PM Last edited by jacksonville : 26th Nov 2016 at 9:33 PM.
Default Free Will is the doom of sims
A cartoon that illustrates the point I made earlier - Free Will may very well destroy your neighborhood.

Scholar
Original Poster
#2690 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:42 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 27th Nov 2016 at 11:09 AM.
^ Could you edit that in spoiler tags by any chance? That took heck of a long time to load

EDIT: Thanks

Top Secret Researcher
#2691 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 6:15 PM
I was disappointed to find that The Sims 2 on the computer does not have the elaborate effects that The Sims 2 on the PS2 has when making Special Meals. On the PS2 version Special Meals have various special effects like Hearts or Green Smoke or Black Hearts or Sparkles and it can max your Energy, cause Love effects, make you throw up, go to the toilet, or be temporarily sort of furious and be likely to fail Social Actions, while it pretty much only "sparkles" from what I can tell on the computer.
Scholar
#2692 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 9:54 PM
On the PC, the sparkly food also is much more filling, as in: sims need to take fewer bites to fill their hunger bar. But indeed, that is hardly as entertaining as all the stuff you describe from the PS2 version. And *that* effect, especially, is not very realistic, so I created a mod to filter it away.
Mad Poster
#2693 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I was disappointed to find that The Sims 2 on the computer does not have the elaborate effects that The Sims 2 on the PS2 has when making Special Meals. On the PS2 version Special Meals have various special effects like Hearts or Green Smoke or Black Hearts or Sparkles and it can max your Energy, cause Love effects, make you throw up, go to the toilet, or be temporarily sort of furious and be likely to fail Social Actions, while it pretty much only "sparkles" from what I can tell on the computer.

I still want the cat climbing tree from the PS2 Sims. Don't suppose there's any way you could extract it?
Scholar
Original Poster
#2694 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 11:13 AM
I noticed my Bass with Squash sparkled.

Mad Poster
#2695 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 3:59 PM
I like the sparkles
Mad Poster
#2696 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9

Oh yes, we have 2 special foods

Fresh food has sparkles and makes you fat.
Spoiled food has green smoke and flies and makes you throw up.

Not sure about hearts and black hearts.

Actually we have special drinks
Scholar
Original Poster
#2697 Old 28th Nov 2016 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
Wrong avatar then

I've been looking for a new one but I might change to a winter one first

Mad Poster
#2698 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 10:18 AM
Noone has had any annoyances since November last year. I had to search back 5 pages for this. XD

My pet peeve. Outfits without fat morphs. DX
Mad Poster
#2699 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
My pet peeve. Outfits without fat morphs. DX
Agreed! Especially separates outfits!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2700 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 10:14 PM
I have started to remove all the cc outfits without morphs in my game (this is another time consuming thing which I could have avoided by NOT downloading the stuff, pretty or not, in the first place)!
Page 108 of 274