Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2726 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 6:24 PM
When I'm working heavily on a TS2 project, I get in the habit of being able to walk away from my computer while saving, since it takes a good five or ten minutes on some of my projects... then I work on a different project (say, a research paper for one of my grad courses), and walk away while it's saving... forgetting that a Word document takes literally about a half-second to save, and I'm losing momentum and time by leaving it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2727 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
When my sim cancels a call and the person they were talking to appears on the lot.

I have that same issue. Had it for ages. Very annoying, and absolutely impossible to troubleshoot. But sort of nice to know I'm not the only one. I wonder if there are more of us out there? It used to be a specific household for me, but just last week it started happening on a new lot.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#2728 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I have that same issue. Had it for ages. Very annoying, and absolutely impossible to troubleshoot. But sort of nice to know I'm not the only one. I wonder if there are more of us out there? It used to be a specific household for me, but just last week it started happening on a new lot.

I've noticed that if I make them cancel it myself it happens way more often than if they answer the phone autonomously and instead of straight out canceling the action just queue something else for them to do and they'll drop on to the next thing.
Scholar
#2729 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 2:20 AM
When I send a Sim to buy a handheld gaming device, and instead of making use of the thing they just stand there for hours screaming about how they never have any fun. What do you think I just sent you to buy the toy for, idiot? (And yes, Free Will is on - I checked!)

Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
When my sim cancels a call and the person they were talking to appears on the lot.

I've not had that, but it really annoys me when my Sim invites someone over, sits down to wait for them...and then the phone rings and it's the Sim who was supposed to be coming over!
Mad Poster
#2730 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 12:39 PM
Sims who are not playful will not use handheld by their own. Give him chess instead. This is game what playful sims avoid.
Field Researcher
#2731 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:53 PM
And whatever you do, never give a handheld game to Juliette, because she'll... never... stop!
Lab Assistant
#2732 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 7:11 PM
I really hate how the base game eyebrows look, for some reason. I just detest their appearance. Maybe it's those vertical lines.
Scholar
#2733 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Sims who are not playful will not use handheld by their own. Give him chess instead. This is game what playful sims avoid.

They won't play chess even if you tell them to, if their fun is too low.

Thanks, though -- next time I'll check their playfulness level to see if they're going to need to be told to have fun.
Scholar
#2734 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:05 AM
My laptop's charger broke, so now I can't play Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#2735 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 12:51 AM
When you go to the trouble of hiring a bartender and he's standing there with a tray of drinks, and some stupid guest goes behind the bar and make her own.
Scholar
Original Poster
#2736 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krudyard
When you go to the trouble of hiring a bartender and he's standing there with a tray of drinks, and some stupid guest goes behind the bar and make her own.

I either fence off the bar when he's done or don't hire one at all.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Top Secret Researcher
#2737 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
I either fence off the bar when he's done or don't hire one at all.

I have only hired a bartender a couple of times and it seems to be a useless feature as he is ignored. Fencing off the bar is an idea.
Top Secret Researcher
#2738 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 10:01 AM
I like to play with elevators and the Boiling Oil Mod for unbreakable elevators, and I notice that many times I will have Pets and Sims, frequently visiting ones ending up below the floor in the foundation if the lot has a foundation. It is irritating, since if I don't notice in time I end up with a dead visiting Sim or a dead NPC.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#2739 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
I like to play with elevators and the Boiling Oil Mod for unbreakable elevators, and I notice that many times I will have Pets and Sims, frequently visiting ones ending up below the floor in the foundation if the lot has a foundation. It is irritating, since if I don't notice in time I end up with a dead visiting Sim or a dead NPC.

Uh oh, remind me to check for flattened sims in my foundations, next time I load up the dorm where I have an elevator.

(I've never had that happen... I don't think, anyway. But I'll definitely keep an eye on it.)
Top Secret Researcher
#2740 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Raindrop_D
Uh oh, remind me to check for flattened sims in my foundations, next time I load up the dorm where I have an elevator.

(I've never had that happen... I don't think, anyway. But I'll definitely keep an eye on it.)

Oh they are not flattened, rather they are full size. The way to get them out is use the moveobjects on cheat of course.

I like to have elevators so I notice that it is relatively common if one has elevators on the lot.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#2741 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 12:48 PM
Day 3 with no Sims: How did I survive doing this voluntarily??
Mad Poster
#2742 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 9:13 PM
Lordtyger9, are you sure it's because of the elevator? That happens to me with the phone-summons-sims-glitch. For some of us Sims appear on the lot if we cancel phonecalls, and for me they sometimes end up in the foundation where they can't get out.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2743 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 7:43 AM
I have had the occasional sim under the foundation, just delete with move objects. (this is not the same as deleting sims)

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2744 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have had the occasional sim under the foundation, just delete with move objects. (this is not the same as deleting sims)

So have I.

Oops, how did that get there?
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2745 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:57 AM
Lol, that wasn't quite what I meant.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2746 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 2:15 PM
Oddly, the "I don't feel like doing that right now!" Has suddenly emerged as a rage-inducing, computer-smashingly infuriating issue for me.
Sim is in a bad mood because they've been fired, I then direct them to look for a new role...

Sim: "Can't you see I don't feel like doing that right now?"

Me: "YOU STUPID FOOL. YOU ARE BROKE BECAUSE YOU'VE JUST BEEN FIRED AND ARE MISERABLE OVER LOSING YOUR JOB AND I'M HERE TRYING TO HELP YOUR PITIFUL BACKSIDE INSTEAD OF JUST LETTING YOU SUFFER LIKE THE CRETIN YOU ARE. NOW LOOK FOR A BLOODY JOB BEFORE I DROWN YOU!"
Scholar
#2747 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:28 PM
There are many things in the game that annoys me. Sometimes I wonder how the creators are ticking because some things is downright silly. Here some exaples:

*The default buildings are sometimes badly planed, built and furnitured. I love building myself but the creators do not seem to bother whit it. "Oh, we do a little of this and a little of that and then it's OK". Fail!

*Why do the sims change ALL of their clothes when going out in the wintertime? In 9 out of 10 a normal person don not do that. When I go out and it's cold I do put on a jacket and make sure my head and fingers do not freez. I do not change my pants and if I was wearing a girl wearing a skirt/dress I would not change into pants (what's why most of my female sims wear furcoats, I can pretent they have the everyday clothes under it). Fail!

*Every restaurant have to have a podium. It's not allowed to just walk in and take a seat. I have been to many restaurant whitout a podium. I just sat down and someone came in whit the menu. Fail!

*If the burgler comes or someting on the lot is on fire do NOT stand there and panic - get out of there! The game is not as logic as it should. Even small kids do know they should not go anywhere near a fire and I doubt anyone would confront the burgler. Fail!

*There are to many ways to bork up the game. Some hoods also comes pre borked. Big fail!

Well, this was a few things I came to think of right now. I do enjoy the game but it could have been better and what's why I did this list. I'm not sure if I have tell about this things before but I take that risk.
Mad Poster
#2748 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:08 PM
I do change all my clothes when I am going out, even if it is only to corner shop and back. I am not going out in my home clothes ever.
Sims 2 restaurants seems to be higher rank, so there are podiums. There is possibility to make cafeteria not only in uni hood but in main hood too, LdDarcy has mod for it.
If burglar comes, my sims don't panic but goes back to sleep, sometimes even don't notice it. I remember in one family only baby who was awake that moment got burglar memory.
If there is baby or toddler in household and fire happens then parents are rushing take out their babies and toddlers first and stand near mailbox with them.
Mad Poster
#2749 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:58 PM
Well, there are some really pretty cc outerwear...
A Podium does not take up much space, at least Sim knows where the host is and nobody creeps up behind Sim, asking "Table for how many?"
Buildings - just ready for a makeover!
Burglar alarm. He will still come, they will still wake up, yes, but the policeman will be there soon! (Many people do confront burglars. Especially if you do not,know if the police has a car available to actually look as if they are going to try to stop the burglar).
Fire alarm - one inside, one outside. Sims are not trained firemen (firepersons?) - they have to study if they want to put out a fire themselves. And even real people, who know what to do, sometimes go into a panic and do the exact opposite.
Yes, the hoods were apparently borked. Never bothered me when I played them, long ago, in their vanilla form Since I was unaware of mods and corruption, I just learned to play around problems (and still do it more often than not)>
All in how you look at something! Problems and all, there is no other game like Sims 2
Mad Poster
#2750 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
... or someting on the lot is on fire do NOT stand there and panic - get out of there!

Pescado's firemod deals with this:

"Sims will no longer moth fires when panicking when something catches fire. Sims that are have seen more than one fire before will attempt to extinguish it rather than panicking. Visitors finding your house to be on fire will immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational failure....after all, why should they care...unless they are on FIRE?"

Apartment Life version adds: "AL: Firefighters will no longer be auto-summoned for fires occurring outside, in range of a sprinkler, or in your apartment (Get your own fire thingus!), so that they no longer always show up and then fine you because the fire is gone already."

I removed it from my game awhile back because it was making my sims too safe. Mwahahaha!

I think there were a couple of different versions of this, so get the one appropriate to whatever your last EP is. It should be in its own .zip file in the "hacks" directory.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Page 110 of 275