Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:44 PM
Default Weird login page showing up
Hi. I just noticed each time I go from one section to another there's this login page appearing (see screenshot). While clicking cancel would make it go away and continue browsing, still it bothers me every time I go from page to page. I'm using chrome (on PC), and it only happens when I browse MTS the main page and the downloads section. It's no big deal if this won't go away quickly, but I'm curious what exactly is this. Thanks
Screenshots
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:15 PM
Do you have some sort of virusprogram? I don't like the look of that. Perhaps someone would like to have your login details?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:49 PM
What's the advert on that page - is it always the same one (or for the same company) or does it vary?

If the ad is always the same one that's probably the cause, and we can get our ad provider to ban that advertiser. If it's always different then you probably have some malware or a browser hijacker.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Do you have some sort of virusprogram? I don't like the look of that. Perhaps someone would like to have your login details?

Yes, I'm aware. I'm running a scan as of the moment, maybe it's a virus that's responsible for this. Though I'm not sure what good would my MTS account do to someone who's trying to phish it
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What's the advert on that page - is it always the same one (or for the same company) or does it vary?

If the ad is always the same one that's probably the cause, and we can get our ad provider to ban that advertiser. If it's always different then you probably have some malware or a browser hijacker.

Yes it's always the same site that's showing up. http://ht.c1exchange.com
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:37 PM
That's the url on the login popup, but it doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would be displayed on an ad - look at the bottom of the page on downloads pages, or above the News section on the homepage.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2017 at 9:05 AM
Oh. Sorry about that. Anyway I checked back and the popup seems to be gone. (Sorry again it took a long time to reply back, I've been spending a lot of time at work I've no time logging on my PC)