Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 4:56 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim resets when interacting with a visitor
Hello.
I'm having a problem with Sims resetting every time I want to interact with a visitor (after they have greeted them). I set boolprop testingcheatsenabled to True so I could see exactly what was happening, and this error appears:
Code:
Object Error
An error occurred in object "N001_User00000 - Mortimer" #197
Error: Invalid constant
The stack trace is saved in "C:/Users/******/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs/ObjectError_N001_t144240.txt".

In this example, I had Mortimer Goth active and in the moment I click Darren Dreamer this error appeared. If the cheat is off, the game automatically resets the Sim (or sometimes both of them). This happens just after I greet them. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with some mod, or even maybe with Windows 8. I recently bought a new laptop and reinstalled The Sims 2 in it, with all the mods. I had a laptop with Windows 7 before (and the exact same mods and custom content I have in this moment, I haven't downloaded anything else) and everything worked just fine. This problem does not occur without the Downloads folder. I tried running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility but it didn't turn up anything new (just a basic conflict between Inteenimater and one of the flavors, that is normal). I tried regenerating all the files and then putting the Downloads folder in this new save, and it worked for some time. But when I tried loading it again the same error kept appearing. Is there anything I can do?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 4:19 PM
If the problem doesn't occur with the Downloads folder, then you know that you have a problem with one or more pieces of CC. Continue to follow the Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ and it will walk you through finding your problem CC.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:01 AM
Hi! Thanks for answering.
I followed your instructions, and quickly skimmed through the log to see if I could find anything. I was able to track down the problem, and it is caused by this hack by (now retired) syberspunk:

growuptowniesinteraction.package
growuptowniescontroller.package

I find this very strange, because I remember that this mod worked perfectly in my old laptop, but now it is causing this problem. If I haven't downloaded anything else, why would these two packages fail now? I tried reinstalling them to the latest version and the same is happening. The HCDU doesn't detect any conflicts. What could be the issue? And if there is nothing I could really do, isn't there any mod that does something similar to this one? I found it really useful...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:34 AM
Could be the order of loading has changed. Try adding a few zz to the front of the file names and seeing if this changes things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Could be the order of loading has changed. Try adding a few zz to the front of the file names and seeing if this changes things.

I tried that, but to no avail. Thanks anyway

Maybe it would help if I posted the log that the error is generating somewhere so someone could read it and figure out what is wrong? I'm not sure if that is asking too much. I wish I could understand what the log is trying to tell me...
Or it could help if I informed which mods I have installed? I'm not sure what else I can do
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:56 PM
Maybe some corruption crept into your copies of the mods. Try downloading them again.

If that doesn't work, you may have to decide whether the glitch is more annoying than the consequences of using the mod. It is unlikely that anyone could isolate the problem from reading the error log. Those things have surprisingly little useful information in them for the amount of space they consume.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)