Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
How Do You Burn Pancakes??!!!!

If They Start To Go Too Dark Just Remove The Pan From The Stove Top, How Hard Is That To Do You Idiots?!!!

Did I tell you about our lord and sav... err... about that time me and my brother nearly started a microwave fire by trying to heat up a stick of butter from the freezer? Yeah, turns out that aluminium foil and microvaves... bad combination.

Or about the time he's trying to make an omelette with milk, and it kinda was too much water in that on the whole from the milk, and the pan had been on the stove the whole time. So then he pours that into the oil in the pan. The water superheats and blows the oil into the air, where it ignites from the stove's flame. (It wasn't one of these newfangled electrical stoves.) So literally, next thing I know, *FWOOSH* there's a huge flame all the way to the ceiling. Literally. And I'm like, *ahem* "THE FLAMES OF HELL WILL DEVOUR YOU, INFIDEL!!!" *ahem* Dunno what came over me when I saw that huge flame.

I'm not making any of that up. Sadly.

So, yeah, stoves and frakking idiots can always go not just wrong, but slapstick wrong. You'd think that no idiot ever could screw up something as simple as omelettes or like warming something up in the microwave, but, as it turns out, we idiots are very ingenious. We'll find a way, even if it kills us :p
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 12:59 PM
The goddamn laundry.

Oh and Bonehilda. She's so broken it hurts.
#53 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
The goddamn laundry.

Oh and Bonehilda. She's so broken it hurts.

If you don't have a washer, dryer or laundry basket, laundry is not a problem. Was it a problem in just the base game? They used to have laundromats, which is like a dinosaur bone suggesting laundry may have been more important in the past.

Yeah ... Bonehilda. If you have a baby in the crib, she stands right there and is in the way. I guess that's supposed to be creepy. The baby gets the "be picked up" by Bonehilda but never gets picked up.
Theorist
#54 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 3:42 PM
I hate the ghost reaction. Sims act disgusted when they see a ghost, like they've just stepped on a dog turd. Ghosts should either instill fear, or fascinate genius sims. Not that "eeew" reaction they give.
Sims 2 ghost reaction of fear and occasional fainting was far more appropriate.

Resident wet blanket.
Forum Resident
#55 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mayor-Of-Mustard
The goddamn laundry.

What's the problem with laundry? I felt like it was such a stupid feature when they first introduced it but of course, the second it's in the game, I have to have it in every one of my homes. But it's never been a problem for me.

My biggest pet peeve is how Sims react to fire. And pets because they always stand in the one place where your Sim is trying to go. Is that on purpose because I feel like that's how they are in real life!
Instructor
#56 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 8:14 PM
When you spend an hour building a lot and when you try to go back to Edit Town it loads and loads and loads until you have to force exit the game :')
Scholar
#57 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 10:09 PM
Oh, I love laundry, as long as someone else is doing it. I've added food synths and washing machines at base camps just to see the waiter doing the laundry.

Mind you, it being a public lot, I don't get the moodlet when she does it. I just want to see her doing it. Cheers me up. I could be coming out of some pyramid, singed, soaked, sand in my underwear, had no toilet paper after I sat on that toilet in the tomb, social bar in the red, cursed by a mommy (not mummy, I just almost ran someone's kid over on the way back), my sim's hands shaking because she ran out of wine two days ago... And then I see the maid still at collecting and doing the laundry for the last 3 days straight, and rejoice in the knowledge that someone's day sucked more than mine :p

Cheers me up every time, it does.

'Course, at home it's not half as much fun, when the butler breaks the machine and runs away with a bunch of panties. I think he was trying to wash them in the USA, the way he was trying to swim off the island with them.
Page 3 of 3