Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:38 AM
Default Townie Clone
Has anyone ever experienced a townie in your game that is an exact clone of your current playable Sim?!

I was mousing over houses looking for a particular person for my Sim to visit, and came across a house called "Morales". I'm intrigued, so I click on visit and it says "Veronica is out at the moment". At this point, I'm a bit shocked because that is MY Sims name. I have my girl go to the home and sure enough, here comes a Sim who looks just like my Sim (is even wearing her old pre-adult outfit), but is living in a really nice house and driving a fancy car! I have them meet and sure enough... matching traits.

(I won't lie and say I didn't for a split second think about them dating... but yuck. She can't court her clone!!!)

Anywho, is this something I should be worried about? Has anyone else had this happen? I just wonder if I should expect to see clones of all my Sims pop up over town at some point. Any help (or calming of fears) is appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:46 AM
It's happened to me several times, sometimes multiple Sims in one save and it drives me fucking insane.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
It's happened to me several times, sometimes multiple Sims in one save and it drives me fucking insane.

...and now she's calling and asking herself on dates. Good gravy.
Oh well, at least it's not just me. I have't seen any other problems with any other towns, so maybe this one needs to go.
Theorist
#4 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 2:23 PM
I wouldn't scrap your town over it. Just take the clone to CAS and make her into a new female resident.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 6:33 PM
No, but a lot of times my townies resemble each other. In Cloverfield, most of my townies are dark-skinned blonds with the same or near the same facial structures. I even worked it into the town's story by claiming them as the original inhabitants of the island
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 10:29 PM
Yeah, the town itself shouldn't be an issue. I just add the clones to my household and nuke them with MC.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 11:02 PM
I just adopted one and a clone also came over...

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 12:19 AM
Here is some additional information detailing cause and effect of Duplicate Sims - Dopplegangers
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 2:59 AM
@tizerist - That's what I'll do, just give her a brand new look.

@BL00DIEDHELL - Perhaps I will and just purchase the Midlife Crisis, have another go at her as a "new" person.

@barbarat - Thanks. That was interesting to read, especially since I haven't imported anything at all family-wise. It makes me wonder if it's just a specific town.

Was anyone else having the clone epidemic in Twinbrook (haha, just realized that TWINbrook)?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 6:11 AM
Nah, it happened to me the other day in Moonlight Falls.