Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 3:20 AM
Default Good CC Creators/Tumblrs
Hi! So, I'm new here. I've played Sims 4 for about an year now, but honestly I'm so stressed with this game, there's too much cc related bugs, lag and boredom for me to handle and now I want to start playing Sims 3, but I'm having a huge problem: seems like all the creators deleted their custom from the internet, I can't find any good cc anywhere, it's such an annoying thing. I used to love playing Sims 3 when I was younger, but since I didn't have a good pc, I started to play Sims 4. Like I said before, I'm having too much trouble and I decided to take a break. I apologize for the long intro, so here's the thing: can anyone indicate good cc creators/tumblrs for me? Since sims in Sims 3 are ugly as hell, I intend to make a townie makeover. Thanks in advance and sorry about the vent!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 6:29 AM
Good morning,
Around the sims 3 has a list of nice CC blogs. Some of them might be offline, but not all of them.
You can find a huge amount of CC on thesimsresource, but even thinking about that page makes me feel stressed as hell. But if you aren't lacking of patience and don't mind tons of ads and your browser crashing down, you might have a good chance to find some interesting stuff over there.
Theorist
#3 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
Since you're new to Sims 3, maybe you can do a few searches in "Where can I find" to get started. Every day or so I find more and more beautiful custom content I didn't know about. Yes, some of the links are "dead" but many are still active.

You can start with the "major sites" like Mod the Sims 3 (this site still hosts some very lovely and unique items), Don't limit yourself to tumblers or just personal sites.

What sort of items are your "must haves?" How do you like your Sims to look? What matters most to you as a player? Do you love all the great hair out there but don't care if your Sims live in premade houses and have white walls?

Also, don't overlook going on youtube and searching for "Sims 3 CC Shopping," as there are many Simmers who make videos and list their "shopping sites" in the description. I've found a lot of cool items this way.
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:23 PM
I personally really like ChazyBazzy's Hair Retextures for majority of my CC-hairs. Including retextures of Store hair.
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:10 PM
Checking Lana's CC finds will provide links to many great simblrs with great CC. You can also search by tags and it has an area for all games except Sims 1. Good luck CC downloading!

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s3cc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Constanzia
Good morning,
Around the sims 3 has a list of nice CC blogs. Some of them might be offline, but not all of them.
You can find a huge amount of CC on thesimsresource, but even thinking about that page makes me feel stressed as hell. But if you aren't lacking of patience and don't mind tons of ads and your browser crashing down, you might have a good chance to find some interesting stuff over there.

Thank you very much! TSR is a little bit annoying indeed, but I'll give it a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
Since you're new to Sims 3, maybe you can do a few searches in "Where can I find" to get started. Every day or so I find more and more beautiful custom content I didn't know about. Yes, some of the links are "dead" but many are still active.

You can start with the "major sites" like Mod the Sims 3 (this site still hosts some very lovely and unique items), Don't limit yourself to tumblers or just personal sites.

What sort of items are your "must haves?" How do you like your Sims to look? What matters most to you as a player? Do you love all the great hair out there but don't care if your Sims live in premade houses and have white walls?

Also, don't overlook going on youtube and searching for "Sims 3 CC Shopping," as there are many Simmers who make videos and list their "shopping sites" in the description. I've found a lot of cool items this way.

Thank you for your reply! Actually, I started to enjoy the game aesthetic, but I think all the clothes/hair/stuff are a little "old-fashioned", I don't know. I intend to only download a good default skin and eyes, a couple of hair, genetics and some clothes too, but I don't want to fill my game with unnecessary cc. Also, I like to make my sims look "fresh", I don't like shiny hair or too much makeup on them. I used to play with maxis match stuff on Sims 4. And I don't really care about how pre-made houses look. Actually, I consider Sims 3 houses better looking than Sims 4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I personally really like ChazyBazzy's Hair Retextures for majority of my CC-hairs. Including retextures of Store hair.

Thanks! I'll check it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smoothsims
Checking Lana's CC finds will provide links to many great simblrs with great CC. You can also search by tags and it has an area for all games except Sims 1. Good luck CC downloading!

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/tagged/s3cc

Thanks! I already knew about Lana's CC finds, but I'll give it a good look.
Instructor
#10 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 5:38 AM
If you do download a lot of stuff, especially from TSR, be careful to run any sims3pack files through Delphy's Custard, sometimes they have a lot of extra CC packed on, which can make it difficult if you end up downloading something with a piece of bad CC attached.
#11 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:37 PM
Seconding Around The Sims. I also rec our very own Murfeelee at http://murfeelee.tumblr.com/ and a few other blogs all linked from that one.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 3:25 PM
You can find some nice skins here actually... navetsea is my fave but they have more... nraas is a gameplay changer it's a lot of fixes and programs that help game play... for functional items and food/recipes around the sims, mspoodle, arsil, icemumum, douglasveiga, and the list goes on and on...
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:29 PM
I'd like to ask what people's favorite places for getting maternity clothes is.
I grab some of the stuff here in MTS - especially HellFrozenOver's things - but also Sims 3 Edit for finding in-game clothes that had pregnancy morph/maternity added to them.
Scholar
#14 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:13 PM
Buckley has a lot of default replacement maternity ware on her tumblr.
http://buckleysims.tumblr.com/tagge...ckley-with-love

Kent Converts has a few store things converted for maternity, but is mostly about converting adult clothes for children, teens, and elders.
http://kentconverts.tumblr.com/