Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:40 PM Last edited by JumpinJayden : 28th Mar 2009 at 6:31 PM.
Need Help Changing Default Swatch
so i am trying to make my own set of default eyes. i already have the eyes replacing the originals but i cant find the pic to replace the swatches to match my non-default versions. ive opened both sim07 and sim12. i know in the resource tree there is supposed to be a jpg that is the swatch but it isnt there. what am i doing wrong? So let me clarify: my problem is that i can't find the default eye swatch in SimPE to edit.
Advertisement
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 3:10 AM
Well, since nobody else is jumping in to help, here's my two cents. When I was making makeup default replacements and needed to find the icons, I chased instance numbers in BINXs and 3IDRs until I found them. May have had to look at a STR# as well, to see which BINX numbers went with which lipstick. I may have seen eye color icons in that same file, just don't recall which one it was. You can look here for boring, gory detail instructions. Do a text search for "icon" in there.

Or you can try doing a SimPE namemap search for "eye" first, that might be quicker, if the icons have "eye" in their name.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 9:37 PM
alright, im not an expert at this, but i found a text lists that has eye colors in it with group "0x7F25645D" but cant figure out where to go from there... what should i do now? (if that is at all helpful)
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 4:29 AM
You're partway there with the STR#'s group index.

1) Do a TGI search. In the group search box, enter the group number 0x7F25645D

2) Now you'll see a list of resources. There are BINX resources, one per eye color, I think. All human colors and alien? Click a BINX.

3) See the line with "iconid"? Copy the number. Do a TGI search for Instance (low).

Here's the Instance (low) numbers for eye color icons.

0xCA2A0135 dark blue
0xCA2A0140 light blue
0xCA2A0145 green
0xCA2A0150 brown
0xCA2A0155 black??? does not appear in a catalog, I believe
0xCA2A0160 grey

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:57 PM
okay, we're getting there... but now im not sure how to actually change the pic. its just a bunch of numbers to men the CPF Editor. Do you actually know how to change the pic? Oh, and thank you SO MUCH for your help!!!!
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:48 PM
Yes, I've done this for makeup, same thing for eyes. Post #4 has the Instance numbers of the icons. Do a TGI search for them. You will get IMG resources. Those are pictures, not numbers. Look in Plugin view, you'll see the pictures. Right click on the IMG resource in the resource list, then select Extract from the menu. In your default replacement package file, Add the IMG resource you just Extracted. Then just replace the picture like you normally would.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 8:24 PM
several questions:
1. are you still searching for these in the globalcatbin file? when i search for those numbers i cant find them
2. when you say tgi search you just mean in the filter resources tab, right? cuz my filter resources doesnt have type, only group, instance, RCOL name and semiglobal group. and when i put those eye swatch numbers in them nothing appears.
Not actually evil.
#8 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 8:54 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:00 AM.
I should have just made this picture earlier. Hope this clears things up.

Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 3:27 AM
yeah, i dont have that tgi search thing in my simpe. what version do you have/ how do i get it to show up?
Not actually evil.
#10 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 5:30 AM
I'm sure you have it, it's just not displayed. It's in the Scenegraph Resource Finder, see the Windows menu. I have the latest SimPE, the one with the M&G patch, but TGI search is not a new feature, it's been around a while.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 8:58 PM
it works!!! thanks so much for your time and patience!!!
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 10:14 PM
you're welcome