Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM Last edited by keyqueen : 30th Mar 2017 at 3:40 AM.
Default Adding an alpha to a defaul replacment package
I'm am following the tutorial by aelflaed to create a default replacement maternity wear. I have the package set up with my replacement mesh and textures and it works in game fine. The problem is that the textures don't correctly show up. Well the texture for the cloths themselves look ok but it causes the sims exposed skin to appear gray. I know this happens when the alpha and mesh don't match up. But I can't find to alpha to replace it with one that matches the mesh I'm using. Or if need be how do I add one?

I want to add that I already have the stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha.bmp file since the mesh I'm using is an maxis one and I exported the textures from bodyshop. I just need to know how to properly add it to my replacement package.

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:16 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Mar 2017 at 2:32 PM.
In your recolor file, in the TXMT of the alpha, are you set to 1 for stdMatAlphaTestEnabled or to 0 ?
Maybe if you upload your package, I can take a look at it.

never mind, I saw your package now, and it is a missing txmt issue.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 1:52 PM
Thank you for the reply, Rosebine. Where in SimPE would I need to look for alphatestenabled?
I will see if I can include my package as it is so far to this post.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Key_Male Maternity.rar (506.2 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Mar 2017 at 2:35 PM.
Just letting know, I am actually looking at it.
You have no txmt in your package...
In the meantime, look for the material definition(txmt) that goes with your mesh & texture. Add it to this package...since you are making a default, you'll need that file as well.
Not the ambodymaternitycomfy one, the..stripped tshirt with bermuda's one.(ambodyalphapolomalcomshorts)
Because as it is now, the game still grabs the real preg outfit txmt..not the one that actually goes with your default mesh (ambodyalphapolomalcomshorts)..ya know?

Let me know if you need more guidance.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:41 PM
I know what you mean. Also I believe that I found it. In the package that I exported from bodyshop to get the textures there is a file named "##0x5f7554f7!body_txmt" the blocklist file refers to it as material definition. So do I add this to my default package?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:44 PM
No, not this one..the real one. This one is a bodyshop..*remake*
You have to find the original one(s) in SimPE, there is one for each of the 3 colors, using the Finder tab...you know how?

Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:54 PM
Sorry for double posting, but could you link me to that tutorial you are following please? there is a thing or 2 I'd like to check..

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:13 PM
It is this tutorial . I do know how to use the finder in SimPE but I think I'll need to get the UC fix fully working first. It's installed but I think I still need to tell it where the eps are, since when I had searched for the ambodyalphapolomalcomshorts before to get the textures SimPE came up blank.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:15 PM
Depending how you did the search maybe?
I added the txmt,s into your package, and tested it. My male sim kept his everyday outfit, and since I have not made a preg morph for it..and because i am silly, and forgot I had a mod..testing failed. lol
I'll be back...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:26 PM
SimPE is searching right now. I did a namemap search with contains(matches) selected. Ahh and this time it worked.
I have found and extracted each of the TXMT for each color. I won't be able to test the package myself until later this afternoon though.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 4:17 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 30th Mar 2017 at 4:48 PM.
Oh..how I feel stupid right now...
I know what the real problem is, and I should have seen it.
The textures you imported in your package comes from bodyshop. Take a look at them. The junk that surrounds your actual clothing?..This is what is showing on your sim's body part. Bodyshop has the alpha file you knew was missing. It tells where to apply the texture(white part) and where not to apply it(black part) No alpha file..junk is showing up, because your texture allows transparency (DTX3) but has none..the part that should be transparent are filled up with junk lol.
Next time, and for any recolor you want to do, I would advise you to import the LIFO file (Large Image File) into your package, replacing the textures. It does a much better job than recoloring using refresh in Bodyshop

You'll need to use Build DTX in SimPE.

-Use the finder tab, NameMap, Regular Expression .*nameofthefileyouarelookingfor.* Start. (See pics)
(my favorite way to find gmdc, gmnd, cres, shape, txmt etc...)
-Find the LIFO file. There should be big ones, or smaller ones. Clothing? use the 1024 by 1024 ones. Usually the ones with a 0.
-Export them to a location of your choice. Rename them if you want.

-Open your package. right click on your texture file and choose Build DTX
-Change format to DTX3 or DTX5. not DTX1, as it does not allow transparency.
-browse for your exported LIFO file.
-Hit Build
-commit
-save.
-repeat for all other textures you may have.
You are done.
And NO need to add the TXMT, for that particular project anyway.
Keep your package as it is now, and just replace your 3 textures by their respective lifos.
Sorry about that, my bad, as I said, I should have seen this!
I attached your fixed package, in case you want it back. hehehe
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Key_Male MaternityFixed.rar (544.7 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 7:59 PM
Thank you so much Rosebine. I had noticed while in SimPE looking for the TXMT files that the texture files for the mesh had transparent backgrounds while the ones exported from bodyshop where completely solid. Strange that bobyshop alters the files so much. At least I learned something new today. Thanks again I am really grateful for your help.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 8:01 PM
Oh Good then!. As long as you learned something..as I felt bad for making you wait, dig out stuff..when finally, Igot it all wrong to start with ahah!
I am happy you are too!