Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#776 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:01 PM
I've been trying to play the gorgeous St. Claire world but it's slowly murdering my game, it's chugging along too badly for me to endure playing in it, which is a real shame as it's the perfect world for me I'd try to go back to Bridgeport but it's just so outdated with all the EP's that are out, and trying to place and create all the new lots has me throwing my hands up in sheer frustration.

I should probably ask this in the WCIF section but this seems the better place to ask about custom worlds. Can anyone recommend any good city-scape or urban type worlds? Or a makeover/updated Bridgeport?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#777 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
I've been trying to play the gorgeous St. Claire world but it's slowly murdering my game, it's chugging along too badly for me to endure playing in it, which is a real shame as it's the perfect world for me I'd try to go back to Bridgeport but it's just so outdated with all the EP's that are out, and trying to place and create all the new lots has me throwing my hands up in sheer frustration.

I should probably ask this in the WCIF section but this seems the better place to ask about custom worlds. Can anyone recommend any good city-scape or urban type worlds? Or a makeover/updated Bridgeport?

I really really recommend fagersims' Dronningslund. It doesn't have all the LN clubs and Showtime venues but it's a WONDERFUL world with a great sense of place And she actually spent some effort into optimizing the world for better performance.
Scholar
#778 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:08 AM Last edited by Periandre : 4th Jul 2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Adding link
Sorry if I missed this up thread....

Has anyone played Coasterboi's new take on Los Aneigos - Angel City ?

Quote: Originally posted by Coasterboi on Official Forum
Welcome to Angel City, my remastered, improved world based off of Los Angeles. Angel City features the same lots and sims you loved from Los Aniegos, but have been reworked, improved and upgraded into a much more beautiful and naturally flowing map that looks better than ever and performs much more smoothly. The world is directly based off of Los Santos in Grand Theft Auto 5, Rockstar Games' rendition of modern day Los Angeles.
Scholar
#779 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre

I try, but this city have a lot of routing issues like other Costerboi's worlds and look less impressive than Los Aniegos.
Theorist
#780 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 2:14 PM
^ ^ It's apparently smaller than Los Aniegos for some reason.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#781 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 3:10 PM
I love Enekjaer Island from fagersims. Its just beautiful. Plus it has a save file which is awesome, very pretty island, small town feel to it. Dronningslund is also a very good recommendation. It has a very Europe city feel to it. I wish it had more nightlife LN lots, but i guess u can add those. Im currently using these 3 : Evansdale County expanded version, great world runs very smooth, not overly huge world. Dronningslund, if you want a city type of world, this is it. And Enekjaer Island IP edition. <3
Scholar
#782 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:53 PM
Judging by pictures I've seen of Dronninglund and Enekjaer, and what I've seen of Denmark, they look very authentically Danish. FagerSims must have put an enormous amount of effort into them.
Instructor
#783 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 3:57 PM
Legacy Island 3-This world is the best(diving areas, hidden islands, rabbit holes from all expansions, pre-populated) i love it

I need a cigarette
One Minute Ninja'd
#784 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 6:18 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 6th Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM. Reason: typo
There's another new world, Alpine County, which has everything in it (link http://www.sims3createaworld.com/al...ounty-complete/) .

It's quite pretty, with several distinct neighborhoods, which you can even travel between without loading screens. It is VERY large, and will not only test your system's capabilities, but will likely be a bit of a problem when chock full of sims at exceeding the max memory TS3 can use. I found I needed to edit some of the venues (there are, IMO, too many exclusive lounges), but it really is nicely done. If you were a fan of Los Aniegos, which I was, you'll love this one.
Field Researcher
#785 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
There's another new world, Alpine County, which has everything in it (link http://www.sims3createaworld.com/al...ounty-complete/) .

It's quite pretty, with several distinct neighborhoods, which you can even travel between without loading screens. It is VERY large, and will not only test your system's capabilities, but will likely be a bit of a problem when chock full of sims at exceeding the max memory TS3 can use. I found I needed to edit some of the venues (there are, IMO, too many exclusive lounges), but it really is nicely done. If you were a fan of Los Aniegos, which I was, you'll love this one.

Does this world have pool? Cuz I'm kind of starting a pool rehabilitation programme to prepare for some new games and I don't want unnecessary triggers.
One Minute Ninja'd
#786 Old 6th Jul 2014 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
Does this world have pool? Cuz I'm kind of starting a pool rehabilitation programme to prepare for some new games and I don't want unnecessary triggers.

Oh, it has lots of pools. And, once populated (it comes empty), you even end up with a whole mess of toddlers.
Theorist
#787 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 12:14 AM
I downloaded the beta of 'Tanzenberg - German world' on the bbs, and it looks real nice. The only thing I can see wrong is the ultra-bright red and white road safety strips. They're too bright. But the rest of it is nice.
* If anyone here has bbs access, could you kindly tell him/her that?

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#788 Old 7th Jul 2014 at 3:37 AM
My favourite custom world, by far, has got to be Roseward. I'm a big fan of apocalyptic scenarios in general, but something about just...agh!
Theorist
#789 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:28 PM Last edited by tizerist : 13th Jul 2014 at 12:37 PM.
I tried Ankh-Morpork last night. Absolutely MASSIVE medieval era hood. Loving the size of it.
However, I seem to have bridges not appearing in the town, and there doesn't seem to be any CC required, which is weird.

But, you lot should definately try it, and please someone tell me what happens with the bridges...
EDIT You need dragon valley for bridge to show

#BlairWitchPetition
Mad Poster
#790 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 2:55 AM
I've found that Rflong7's Glenvale county is a great world for legacies though I had to edit it in game for my legacy to make it look less modern.I also love making new worlds and testing them out to mka sure they'll actually work in the game.
Inventor
#791 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 7:41 PM
Thank you , I have been playing with one of your suggestions Roseward. http://www.4shared.com/zip/mr0goreD...Apocalypse.html Though I don't have all the Sims 3 expansions nor the stuff packs it loads and is highly playable. I have had to put in my own venues, I don't mind and it does start with the thieves dens working if you are playing the Apocalypse challenges it will work well. Thank you to Nigalkins et all for the map.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Test Subject
#792 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre

Not yet. I just love Los Aneigos and I'm sure I will love Coasterbois new take on it. I hope it doesn't have as many freezes as Los Aneigos does.
Test Subject
#793 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dogdancer
Not yet. I just love Los Aneigos and I'm sure I will love Coasterbois new take on it. I hope it doesn't have as many freezes as Los Aneigos does.

Angel City, which is Coasterboi's new take on Los Aniegos. I just started playing that world and it doesn't seem to have as many routing issues and the layout seems to be better.
Top Secret Researcher
#794 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:35 AM
I've only recently learned that Twallan's Career mod allows for the creation of a functioning university in a base 'hood without needing to go to a subhood. (Color me late to the party.) I'd like to setup my university to resemble a small New England college town. While I have all the EPS, and all the store worlds except Aurora Skies and Midnight Hollow, none of them seems to be what I'd like for this.

Could anyone recommend a player created world that would seem to fit this situation?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
#795 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness

I just saw this Bridgeport remake posted: http://myworlds-rflong7.blogspot.co...bridgeport.html. It's by rflong7/13 with no Store or CC. There's a version with Showtime lots and some other things added as well as just a Late Night update. I've not yet tried it but it looks promising. Let us know what you think!
Field Researcher
#796 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:30 AM

I know a lot of people probably haven't checked back since this was first posted but I decided to check at the source for a populated version and found this at the very end of the contents section:

Quote: Originally posted by NayahB
Hi guys! I’ve been playing this world a lot & thought I’d share my Save file, if anyone wants it. I did change a few things though: I replaced the hospital with the same rabbit hole from Pets to include the science facility & I also replaced 3 of the residential lots around the suburbs near the Affordable houses with houses from my library(No CC). The last thing I changed, was I made the high rise lots show as apartment lots and I made the lots around the resort and across the river into own-able lots. Of course you guys are free to change any of this back if you want to. I added in a lot of families(No CC), but made sure to leave lots empty in each area. You can download it from this link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...44EAE245A%21120

So, not only populated but the bug with the lack of a science center is fixed in it. Haven't given the save a look yet, I'm planning to move Asmodeus and Louis Scumthorpe-Whateley there after they graduate University. Since they're still in elementary school it will be a while.
Scholar
#797 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 4:40 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 31st Jul 2014 at 4:54 PM. Reason: found the link
In my old TS3 installation I had this adapted Sunset Valley that someone made, which I loved. The main change it had was that it added more space for lots, so it was more ready for EP's with all the room you need. You have to add your own public lots, but this is what I prefer anyway. It is called Sunset Valley Second Edition
Test Subject
#798 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM

I love this world, just what I've been looking for.

Btw, does anyone know any good Asian themed world?
Mad Poster
#799 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:37 PM
i'm playing in this one currently. my little brother found it. it's called tropical destination. basically just like bridgeport except with a tropical feel, like with palm trees and everything.

http://jackscreations72.wordpress.c...al-destination/

it's really lovely.
Field Researcher
#800 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 6:42 AM
So, I posted earlier that someone else made a save so there could be a populated version of Alpine County. Turns out though that the original creator has now released a populated version of their own.

Quote: Originally posted by Western077
UPDATES: What’s New?
So since releasing the complete version I’ve made a few changes. For starters, the world is now populated! Secondly, I tidied the forest area and added more vegetation to make it look more realistic when you use the first person camera view. I’ve also reduced the amount of kiosks that require NCPs so that hopefully the world will run a but smoother, and the bug that was stopping the house icons from appearing appears to be working now. There is also now a science center, so unless there is anything else – enjoy! (unfortunately there will never be dive lots as the water is too shallow and can’t be made any deeper).
All of the Sims families in the world are taken from EA worlds, but I have given all of them some plastic surgery to get de-pudding their faces and mixed it up a bit so that they will look and behave like brand new Sims that you have never met before

So, even better than the original version plus save game. .
Page 32 of 42