Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Do you prefer buy games on disks or digital
Disk (CD/DVD/Blu-Ray
17 89.47%
Digital
2 10.53%
I can't decide
0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 12:01 AM Last edited by robingravel : 24th Oct 2013 at 10:15 PM.
Default CD/DVD vs Digital
When you buy games, do you prefer disk or digital?

I don't mean downloading illegal games but downloading games you buy.

Myself, I like buy games on cd/dvd. If something goes wrong, I won't lose the game you've just downloaded.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 2:50 AM
When I used to play on the console a lot I would always buy a physical copy of the game. I love being able to show off my game collection. But since I've taken up PC gaming I usually pay to download games.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 11:22 PM
Discs. I like having a physical copy of a game because I feel I own it more than a digital copy. With all the backflaps of EA lately, I'm glad I have all of my games as discs. Less chance of things going wrong, also.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Darby : 25th Oct 2013 at 4:00 PM.
For Sims 2, disks are absolutely a must-have, no question. I would not trade the kind of control my disks offer for any dubious "advantage" the digital download versions might be said to have.

For other games, I really don't care as much. Nothing has the replay value of Sims 2 (and I suppose Sims 3, for those who are into that), so it's not nearly as big a deal if I lose access to games I'll likely be into only briefly, relatively speaking. I do have an issue with DRMs and having to be online while I'm playing some of them, but I go with either GoG or Stream (<Steam, sorry), which both have good reputations. (As far as I know, anyway. *knock on wood*)

Anyway, I voted Disk, because even though I now have more downloaded games than games on disk, my Sims 2 game on disks trump all. I'd give up every other PC game I own in order to keep Sims 2; never ever the other way around!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
For Sims 2, disks are absolutely a must-have, no question. I would not trade the kind of control my disks offer for any dubious "advantage" the digital download versions might be said to have.

For other games, I really don't care as much. Nothing has the replay value of Sims 2 (and I suppose Sims 3, for those who are into that), so it's not nearly as big a deal if I lose access to games I'll likely be into only briefly, relatively speaking. I do have an issue with DRMs and having to be online while I'm playing some of them, but I go with either GoG or Stream, which both have good reputations. (As far as I know, anyway. *knock on wood*)

Anyway, I voted Disk, because even though I now have more downloaded games than games on disk, my Sims 2 game on disks trump all. I'd give up every other PC game I own in order to keep Sims 2; never ever the other way around!
There is NO DRM on Steam unless the game uses another client like Origin(Sims 3(?)) or Uplay(Far Cry 3 I think(I have it but not on Steam)). You *could* say that Steam is DRM but Steam wont install anything else to your PC!

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:00 AM
Disk, because it's kind of like having a photo in a frame as opposed to in a folder on your computer. If your computer fails, you don't have your digital photo (unless you have it backed up). Nearly nothing except fires and floods can take physical photos from your hands. You can put those photos in new frames or scan it to your new computer, but with digital ones there is little to no safeguard against losing those forever.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Theorist
#7 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 8:49 AM
This is actually quite a funny one for me since getting my 3DS I've been extremely reluctant to using the download-and-play feature, rather waiting a few days to get the physical cartridge and play that way.. However, with the games I purchase through Steam, I have a PCs across the country and my Laptop with me wherever I go, Online Cloud-play is much easier.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/