Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 3:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Cannot patch Sims 3
Hey everyone.

So recently, I've been having a lot of troubles with getting Sims 3 to patch. I install it via Origin, and it installs fine, but I notice that the installed version is 1.0.631. Which is.. okay. So I use the superpatcher to install? 'We've detected that 1.67 is already installed on your system.' Excuse my French, but bull. I removed *every* trace of this game with CCleaner AND Your Unin-stalled Pro. I manually edited the registry, etc. And nothing, *nothing* I do seems to fix this problem.

Oh, sure, I can patch it. But when I launch it? Version 0.0.0.0

What have I done?
  • Uninstall/Reboot/Reinstall
  • Manually remove traces
  • Use third-party software to remove traces.

This is terrible. And no, I can't backup this hunk of crud. I despise Windows 8 SO much.

Thanks to those who are willing to provide any assistance!

Addendum: The same error occurs regardless of whether or not I use the SuperPatch or the EA Patcher.

Addendum II: Yes, the Origin software has been updated, I reinstalled that as well.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:18 AM
Are any of your games Cracked/Downloaded?