Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 9:33 PM
I play RPG's a lot -- my favorite game is The Witcher -- so I LIKE quests. I've done a lot of quests in a lot of different games. Since I also like The Sims, I was really looking forward to a game that would be a Sims/RPG hybrid.

And I find the quests in this game rather dull. Most of them are simple-minded things that don't take any thought or skill to pull off. And most of the interesting parts of the quest happen OFF THE SCREEN, while you can't see your sim. Oh, my sim had adventures on the high seas, huh, but I didn't get to actually SEE any of them? WTF? That's crazy.

I love quests, and I'm STILL bored with the quests in this game. I think the whole idea was badly implemented. The player doesn't really get a sense of satisfaction out of completing most of these quests, partly because we're not actually THERE for much of what happens. And the parts we are there for are more an exercise in patience than anything else. The people at EA need to talk to serious RPG players and figure out what makes quests satisfying, because they haven't hit it yet!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#27 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
I'm a lot like this too. I really like rolling new characters and coming up with new themes for the different ambitions. Having the different throne rooms really makes a lot of a difference imo. I've had a Viking Kingdom, an Elf Kingdom, a Kingdom with a ditsy Princess type monarch that made all the wrong choices when I quested with her, and I recently set up a kingdom with the evil wizard from one of my other games. In my opinion just one Kingdom wouldn't be enough.

I've been doing this as well -- I've had an ice queen, elves, and a Henry VIII homage, and a pretty pretty princess kingdom would have been my next Ambition's theme -- but I'm so tired of questing that I can't even wrap up FakeHenry's kingdom. (It's the imperial ambition, and I've completed all the alliance quests, now I just need to quest out of it and I can't even bring myself to launch the game.)

EA, if you ever see this: the absolute best thing you can do to rescue this platform would be to develop a mechanism for players to script and share quests as cc. Let the community's creativity work for you.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

EA, if you ever see this: the absolute best thing you can do to rescue this platform would be to develop a mechanism for players to script and share quests as cc. Let the community's creativity work for you.

Hear hear! I totally agree. I want to write quests!
Scholar
#29 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 1:40 AM
i stop playing this already
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:42 PM
Default lolz
Quote: Originally posted by venusdemilosimmer
And here I am still trying to figure out how to enable cheats. Lulz...

lolz u know you just type Ctrl shift C all at once and theres this bar that comes up at the top of the screen typ help in the bar and you get some of the cheats
Field Researcher
#31 Old 21st May 2011 at 5:36 PM
EA obviously tagged this with the notorious "casual gamer" label. The one that implies no one will want to play it for more than 20 hours or so. Sims was put in that category not long before Sims 3 came out--around the time Sims 3 was announced. So EA isn't expecting you to be interested in the game for very long. The result is that they weren't expecting you to want to play for very long.

It's annoying. If there's one game that appeals to long-term players it's been the Sims. And EA, once again, decided it knew better.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#32 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:20 PM
I'm not only bored with this game, I uninstalled it weeks ago. The Witcher 2 has just arrived. A real RPG.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
EA obviously tagged this with the notorious "casual gamer" label. The one that implies no one will want to play it for more than 20 hours or so. Sims was put in that category not long before Sims 3 came out--around the time Sims 3 was announced.

What? Have they ever met any Sims players?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Field Researcher
#34 Old 23rd May 2011 at 3:18 AM
Apparently not.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd May 2011 at 2:07 PM
You are on the Mod the Sims forum and you don't use cheats when you are bored with a quest?

Just play however you wish, then when the quest lags, Ctrl+Click on the Quest step and it is fulfilled. Don't rush it if you want to play casually, just wait for the next quest lag debuff...
The only thing you need is the testing cheats enabled.
Page 2 of 2