Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:41 AM
Default Bridge problems - Underside of flooring
Mmmm I am making an Asian inspired house and in the grounds are several bridges over small ponds. I have noticed that I can't seem to change the colour of the underside of the bridge (essential the underside of the flooring I've used) is there any way I can change it? Below is pic to illustrate the ugly white underside

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 9:47 AM
It's a bug nest, to paint the ceiling on cfe buildings. You might end up, or actually from what I've seen rather more like everytime, floating floortiles all over the place. Some swear to solutions, but if you're going to play the thing I'm not sure anything would work really.

If you still like to paint the ceiling you should probably do so before you start working with cfe.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 2:36 AM
Mmm I think I could try and make the bridges less tall so the white doesn't show up so much
mature minion
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:11 PM
You can also hold the shift key, it will cover the entire roof area. You can't control individual tiles but it's how I paint ceilings that are cfe'd and I forgot to fill in before editing them.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 2:23 AM
I try to remember to CASt any ceilings before I CFE them...but when I've forgotten, this usually works:

1. Add a tile or more of flooring at one end of the CFE'd floor.
2. On the underside of that nice, flat/level flooring - CASt the ceiling you want, but hold the SHIFT key as you do it.
All flooring that is continuous to the level tile(s) you added should change with it/them.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:02 AM
Thanks! I think I will have to remember to CASt all before CFEing ... otherwise the aftermath is just beyond tears!
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 9:46 AM
it is very nice
Scholar
#8 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It's a bug nest, to paint the ceiling on cfe buildings. You might end up, or actually from what I've seen rather more like everytime, floating floortiles all over the place. Some swear to solutions, but if you're going to play the thing I'm not sure anything would work really.

@volvenom

I've just learned something. I tested it 3 times to make certain, and then tested it again on the original lot.

When I made this lot, ceiling tiles showed up where I'd been softening terrain around the foundation. (I swear, the only cfe I did was in making the two bridges...I was nowhere near the castle!)

Anyhow, to explain - I made a share file of the original lot...for upload. And on a whim decided to place the saved lot in a larger spot to see
if it would be easier access for exterior screenshots. When I went in to take screenshots, I found ceiling tiles!!
I deleted them, and then share-filed the lot right then and there. When I placed the newer lot (on that larger spot)...no ceiling tiles. I tested it two more times. It worked!

So I went back to the original...looked for ceiling tiles - they weren't there.
So I bulldozed the original lot, replaced it with the first share-file, and there were ceiling tiles,
just like the first time I'd placed the original share-file on the larger lot.

So I deleted those tiles, and made a share-file of that smaller lot. I bulldozed that lot, and then placed the NEW share-file. NO CEILING TILES in the newer share-file...(the one saved after deleting tiles).

I think that's the secret:

1. When you're done creating the lot, make a share-file.
2. Bulldoze the original lot.
3. Replace it with the share-file.
4. Look for ceiling tiles. If there are any, remove them.
5. Make a new share-file.

Voila...no ceiling tiles in the new share-file!
dodgy builder
#9 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 6:09 PM
You placed it on a bigger lot and then placed it on a different lot again? Have you played a while after doing that?